Archive through August 07, 2007Yanks Fan100
Archive through June 13, 2007Yanks Fan100
Archive through April 27, 2007LK100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12126
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have concerns...BUT

The Sox still lead by 2 1/2 games...season is VERY short now...Sox have lost 4 of 5 (close games too) , and should now be out of their slump, odds are with the Sox now...and I have faith in them...and Yanks are due for a dive...Sox will be the AL East champs...U gotta believe in them...I do!

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15263
angels and indians are only half game behind the sox for the best record. this is becoming very fun now. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6173
i agree LK. i will be very shocked if the red sox keep diving and lose the division. but hey, im all for it happening lol

now the fun starts

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1480
Same results as yesterday, Yanks beat Os 2-1, Jays beat Sox 6-1, and Indians beat Tigers 4-2

Who would have thunk it!!! lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6185
1.5 back....yea thats right, only 1.5

as of may 29th i believe, 14.5 back

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1813

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1482
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12142
c/p from zulu

A Sox fan and a Priest are driving down the road...
There was Red Sox fan who was feeling pretty down on himself. For whenever saw a Yankee fan in their obnoxious pinstripe jerseys walking down the road, he would swerve and pretend to hit them.

As the man is driving on he sees a Priest walking down the road. Feeling he should do something good, he stops next to the priest.

"Where are you heading Father, can I give you a lift?"

The priest replied, "I'm heading to the Mass two miles down the road."

As they're driving along the man sees a Yankee fan walking down the road, instinctively, he swerves to hit them. He knows he did not hit them, but still hears a loud THUMP.

He says, "I'm sorry Father, I should not have tried to hit that Yankee fan."

"That's ok," replied the priest, "I got him with the door."

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12189
Beckett lets out a big Cy, ends Red Sox skid

Josh Beckett became MLB's first 20-game winner as the Red Sox ended a four-game slide and reduced their magic number for clinching a playoff spot to two with a rout.

Upload

Red Sox win 8-1 over Tampa...

Yankees lose to Toronto 5-4...

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 91 63 .591 -
NY Yankees 88 65 .575 2.5
Toronto 78 75 .510 12.5

WILDCARD STANDINGS...

American League

Team W L PCT GB E# L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME
New York 88 65 .575 - - 7-3 L1 9/21 v TOR, L 4-5 9/22 v TOR, 1:05P
Detroit 84 70 .545 4.5 5 6-4 W1 9/21 v KC, W 5-4 9/22 v KC, 7:05P
Seattle 82 71 .536 6.0 4 7-3 W1 9/21 @ LAA, W 6-0 9/22 @ LAA, 3:55P

National League

Team W L PCT GB E# L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME
San Diego 85 68 .556 - - 7-3 L1 9/21 v COL, L 1-2 9/22 v COL, 10:05P
Philadelphia 84 70 .545 1.5 8 8-2 W2 9/21 @ WSH, W 6-3 9/22 @ WSH, 7:05P
Colorado 82 72 .532 3.5 6 7-3 W6 9/21 @ SD, W 2-1 9/22 @ SD, 10:05P
Atlanta 80 74 .519 5.5 4 7-3 L1 9/21 v MIL, L 1-4 9/22 v MIL, 3:55P

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12218
Red Sox Clinch a Playoff Spot and Post Season Play...see ya in October

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6199
1.5 games back in the division now LK....shold be a fun ocotber

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12246
A-Rod's agent reportedly talking to potential Cubs owners

ESPN.com news services

Updated: September 23, 2007, 7:09 PM ET

Alex Rodriguez might redefine the term "franchise player."

New York Magazine reported on Sunday that the Yankees third baseman could end up with the Chicago Cubs next season with a blockbuster contract that includes an ownership stake in the team.

Although he's had his ups and downs in New York in his four years there, A-Rod has carried the Yankees this season and has basically wrapped up the American League MVP award. Rodriguez is batting .312 and leads the league with 52 home runs, 146 RBIs and 138 runs scored. New York is only 1½ games behind the Boston Red Sox in the AL East and leads the wild-card race by 5½ games.

A-Rod's huge numbers couldn't have come at a better time. Ten days after the World Series ends, A-Rod can opt out of the $252 million contract he signed with the Texas Rangers six years ago.

According to the magazine, Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, has already identified the leading candidate to buy the Cubs and has begun negotiations on a mega-deal. The publication's sources say that the deal could reach $30 million per year over 10 years, with part of the contract deferred toward an eventual stake in the franchise.

The Red Sox have also been mentioned as a possible destination for A-Rod. The team came close to trading for him before he ended up in New York.

Yankees' executive Randy Levine responded harshly to the magazine piece.

"It's a silly story, and we don't believe it," he told ESPN.com's Buster Olney on Sunday evening. "However, if it was true, it would be grounds to disqualify the applicant even before he went through the process, because it would demonstrate a disregard for major league rules and procedures, and we're confident the commissioner would feel the same way."

Levine later said he spoke to Bud Selig, and the commissioner agreed with Levine's interpretation of the story, and its possible implications. A player can neither have part ownership of a team nor negotiate for future ownership.

The Yankees, who are all but assured of making the playoffs for the 13th straight season, likely won't watch A-Rod walk without attempting to sign him to an extension. But they have to act rather quickly. The Rangers are paying $29 million of Rodriguez's remaining deal. The moment he opts for free agency, the Yankees lose that money. They keep it if they can sign A-Rod to an extension.

So in the midst of a playoff run, the Yankees must decide what to do with the guy that got them there

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1496
Well, whatever happens to A-Rod, I wish him the best. But if it's a World Series Ring he's after, I would think a team that's in the playoffs for the past 12 years would be his best chance. That's one thing money can't buy...well unless you're the Yankees! lol

LK, the way you celebrate the Red Sox just making the playoffs, sounds like you might have had your doubts! Now as for division champs...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1497
Boy, the Jays are playing really good! I can see how they were able to sweep the Sox!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12251
Well now know its certain that the Sox have 1 in 4 chance of being in the World Series again...Thats whats most important then...now to clinch the divison and get home field..

as far as Arod goes...he's the best player in baseball, and the ONLY reason that the Yanks are there..I forget where, but I think I saw something that stated he had 24 game winning HR or hits for them this season...but what will he do in October...I know his BA is .098 in October over the past 12 years...

Of course the Sox would love to have him, who wouldn't!...I think the Yankees have just about seen the last of him...and if the Sox don't get him, then thats OK too, if he goes to the Cubbies..I like them too, they remind me of the Sox with their bad luck and great baseball traditions and fans...plus they're NL and wouldn't be a threat to the Sox...LOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6208
arod will be a yankee next year

hopefully :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3977
i hope he goes to the nl but i dont think hes going to cause he wants a ring and the al is where you want to be for a ring right now with pitching

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12300
Yankees take a stumbling step toward playoffs
The Yankees fell two games behind the idle Red Sox in the AL East with a loss (4-1) to the Jays, but reduced their magic number to clinch a playoff spot to one after a loss by the Tigers.

Toronto pitcher, was emergency fill-in Jesse Litsch, was pressed into action when scheduled starter A.J. Burnett was scratched due to personal reasons. A former Devil Rays batboy, the Toronto rookie held the Yankees in check through 7 2/3 innings of one-run, five-hit ball, keeping New York off balance with an array of offspeed pitches.

The Yankees, who drew a franchise record 4,271,356 fans to the Bronx in 2007, played their final game in front of more than 30,000 empty seats, a rare event for a club that sold out 50 home dates. New York nevertheless reduced its magic number for clinching a playoff berth to one with the Tigers' loss to the Twins on Monday night.

If the Yankees clinch the playoffs, they will do so on the road. Dressing their rookies as characters from "The Wizard of Oz," the Yankees followed Monday's game by traveling to Tampa, where they will play a three-game series against the Devil Rays before finishing the regular season in Baltimore.

"You have to clinch the Wild Card before you can think about the division," Torre said. "That's where we are right now. I don't sense that anybody is looking past what we need to do."

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6221
eh, we're in the playoffs basically

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12324
Yanks lose again and continue to stumble. Sox won again!...shows the importance of pitching..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6229
eh who cares....after the start we had i dont feel bad at all being the wild card

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12334
Too complacent...hope the team feels the same way!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6237
dont get me wrong, im still pulling for the division and think its possible....but if it turns out that we are the wildcard, i wont be jumping off buildings.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1502
Ho Hum, Yanks are in the playoffs again. I mean, was there any doubt?? They beat the Rays 12 to 4.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1503
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12356
yeah , the yanks were the 4th best team out of 14 (american league)...BFD

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6247
yanks = best offense in the league

fyi

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12365
Thats only half the game...what about the ENTIRE game!...thats what matters...what good is for a team to score 6 runs, if the other teams scores 7 runs!...that offense things means absolutely NOTHING!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6249
well, its gotten us 91 wins this year

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12373
yes 91 wins was ONLY good enough for 4th place...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1508
Yanks are 70 and 38 since May 30th. That should mean something.

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1509
4th best record out of 30 teams is unbelievable, considering the start that the Yanks had!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12374
4th best of 14 (only 14 in AL)...yanks are a AL team, NOT NL..

and yes it means they REALLY SUCKED in APRIL and MAY!...LMAO...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1510
And compared to the Yanks, The Sux sucked the rest of the months!!

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1511
Just pointing out that the Yanks had a better win percentage than any NL team. I remember someone saying that the Mets were the best team in NY. LOL How times have changed!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1513
Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, one out, at home and the Red Sox couldn't do it! Beckett loses, Sox lose 5 - 4. Meanwhile Yanks win! This is going to be fun, down to the wire!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12404
Brace yourself.
That's the message Major League Baseball essentially sent everyone on the final Thursday of this unforgettable regular season, conducting additional coin tosses due to four-way -- or even five-way -- playoff tiebreaker scenarios that have emerged.

There never has been anything like this Magical Mystery Tour in the sport's history, a regular season that almost seems destined to last beyond the scheduled Sunday finales.

Turner Broadcasting, already geared up for its first autumn of broadcasting an MLB postseason (all Division Series and the National League Championship Series), would televise any playoff tiebreakers on Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday or even Thursday, if necessary. Turner would utilize TBS and TNT, as necessary, if multiple tiebreakers are played.

In the meantime, the extra coin tosses were necessitated by the unrelenting drama in the National League.

The four American League participants are decided, and only deciding their actual ALDS matchups remains. But in the NL, more sites needed to be determined for possible tiebreakers because of the increasing logjam.

The Phillies pulled into a tie with the Mets atop the NL East on Thursday, the Padres won to stay a game behind the victorious Diamondbacks in the NL West, and the Rockies won their 11th in a row to stay a game behind the Padres in the NL Wild Card race.

Colorado's win eliminated the possibility of all three contenders in the West and both East combatants finishing play Sunday with identical records, creating a five-way tie. The Rockies are two games behind the D-backs in the overall standings, and the teams play three games to close out the regular season, starting Friday, so they can't finish tied.

That means the playoff picture will be settled by Tuesday, one way or another. That's two days before it would have been settled in a five-way tie scenario, or a four-way tie that featured the D-backs, Padres, Rockies and Phillies.

HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE

NL EAST

Mets @ Phillies

NL CENTRAL

Brewers @ Cubs

NL WEST

Padres @ D-backs

Rockies @ D-backs

Rockies @ Padres

NL WILD CARD

Phillies @ Padres

Padres @ Rockies

Phillies @ Rockies

Mets @ Rockies

Padres @ Mets

D-backs @ Mets

D-backs @ Phillies

D-backs @ Rockies

D-backs @ Padres

If there's a four-way tie among the Mets, Phillies, D-Backs and Padres:

• The Mets and Phillies would play in Philly on Monday to crown the East champ.

• The Friars and Snakes would go at it Monday in Arizona for the NL West crown.

• Monday's losing teams would play Tuesday to decide the Wild Card. The Diamondbacks would have to go to Philly or New York. The Padres would either host the Phils or travel to New York. If the Rockies were in the mix here, they'd host either way.

Here are some other more traditional scenarios:

If the Mets and Phillies finish tied atop the East: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Philly's Citizens Bank Park.

If the Cubs and Brewers finish in a tie atop the Central: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Chicago's Wrigley Field.

If the D-backs and Padres finish in a tie atop the West: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Arizona's Chase Field.

If the Rockies and Padres finish in a tie atop the West: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at San Diego's PETCO Park.

If the Padres and Phillies finish in a tie for the Wild Card: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at PETCO.

If the Padres and Rockies finish in a tie for the Wild Card: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Colorado's Coors Field.

If the Phillies and Rockies finish in a tie for the Wild Card: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Coors Field.

It's also possible that more than one game will be needed to break a tie.

If the Padres, Rockies and Phillies finish in a three-way tie for the Wild Card: The head-to-head records among the three teams would be used to designate each club as A, B or C. The club with the best such record would have the first choice, the club with the second-best record would have the second choice, and the club with the worst record among the three would get the remaining option.

• The Phillies went 4-3 vs. the Padres and 3-4 vs. the Rockies (7-7 overall).

• The Rockies went 10-8 vs. the Padres and 4-3 vs. the Phillies (14-11 overall).

• The Padres went 8-10 vs. the Rockies and 3-4 vs. the Phillies (11-14 overall).

Thus, the Rockies would have the first choice to be designated as club A, B or C. The Phillies would have the second choice. The Padres would get the remaining option, and the games would then be played as follows. A hosts B on Monday, with the winner hosting C on Tuesday.

They're still playing meaningful games in the American League, too. Matchups aren't set in cement yet; the two AL division winners with the highest winning percentages will have home-field advantage in their respective ALDS, and the Red Sox still have a magic number of two to clinch the East.

And then there's the new wrinkle that gives the team with the best winning percentage in the league the option of starting their first-round series on Wednesday or Thursday. The teams that starts Wednesday gets an extra day off, thereby ensuring that its top two starters will be available twice.

Here's what you need to know in the AL:

If the Red Sox and Yankees finish the regular season tied: The Yankees will be declared the division winners based on their 10-8 advantage over the Red Sox in their season series.

If the Indians and Red Sox finish in a tie for best record in the league: Boston, which beat Cleveland, 5-2, in the season series, gets the nod.

If the Indians and Angels finish in a tie: The teams split 10 games during the regular season, so it'll go to the second tie-breaker, based on division records. The Indians are currently 46-23 (.667) against the AL Central and the Angels are 30-21 (.588) against the AL West, so the advantage would go to the Tribe.

If the Red Sox and Angels finish in a tie: Advantage Boston, based on winning six of 10 against the Halos this season.

If the Indians, Angels and Red Sox all finish in a tie: The top seed would go to the team with the best record against both of the other division champions, and Boston currently holds that hammer.

• The Red Sox went 5-2 vs. the Indians and 6-4 vs. the Angels (11-6 overall).

• The Indians went 2-5 vs. the Red Sox and 5-5 vs. the Angels (7-10 overall).

• The Angels went 4-6 vs. the Red Sox and 5-5 vs. the Indians (9-11 overall).

Then, in order to break the tie between the Indians and the Angels, it reverts back to the season series between the teams, which we've already told you was tied, and the Indians would again win the second tiebreaker based on division records.

And in case you're wondering, the Yankees went 6-0 vs. the Indians and 3-6 vs. the Angels (9-6 overall), so if they managed to sneak into a four-way tie for best overall record, they'd be the top seed because they have that division hammer on the Red Sox.

Now start planning your Friday. You've got a lot of big games to keep an eye on.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1516
Wouldn't that be something if the teams all ended up tied for the best record! lol

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12440
yanks lose again and continue to sputter and

Red Sox Clinch the AL East

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6271
meh

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1892
THE CUBBIES HAVE CLINCHED YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12443
Congrats to the Cubbies and all their fans!...Great fans and great traditions like the Red Sox!...and both are very deserving teams with bad luck pasts, but a great present and future!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6273
"and both are very deserving teams with bad luck pasts, but a great present and future!"

luck? 86 years and no world series is not bad luck....that just bad

no offense to either of you there, just saying my opinion

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12449
Now here's bad luck...

Bucky Dent, the weakest player in baseball, hits a HR in 78 to beat the Sox...Sox have no chance at series.

Bill Buckner in 86, misplays a dribbler hit between his legs that even my 10 yr old granddaughter would have caught..Sox lose series

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6276
thats 2 years of 86 years....

btw, its ironic that the buckner incident happened in the '86 world series and the sox had a 86 year gap of world series titles....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12457
"incident"...WTF...I think Buckner moved to the Amazon jungles, cause some Sox nation's people are still looking for his azz!....he wasn't safe in the 'witness protection" program..LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6279
LOL cant blame the guy much....isnt his son sick as hell in the farm system?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3993
lol doesnt matter its playoff time baby and guess what

lets go red sox

yankees suk

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12466
c/p from zulu

BOSTON -- The Red Sox erased another October question mark in the season's penultimate game. Red-hot J.D. Drew made the emphatic statement on Saturday night, carrying Boston to a 6-4 victory over the Twins.
In the process, the Red Sox took care of some other last-minute business. With a win and an Indians loss in Kansas City, the Red Sox ensured themselves the best record in the American League and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Even if Cleveland pulls even on Sunday, Boston, which beat the Indians in five of seven games this season, would hold the tiebreaker.

Thus, the Sox also won the privilege of picking Division Series schedule B, which will give them a day off between Games 1 and 2. The ALDS will open on Wednesday at Fenway Park and resume on Friday.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15335
may the best team win LK. which will be the angels.

btw it sux to be a mets fan. rofl.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2870
My predictions posted at Lowdown in March:

AL East -- Boston
AL Central - Detroit
AL West -- Los Angeles
NL East - Philadelphia
NL Central - Chicago
NL West -- San Diego

Doubting me is futile, and while we're on the subject... go Lions.

Jerkoffs

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6300
well in defense of myself, i picked on who i wanted to win more than who i thought would win....

but you did pick detroit to win the world series....lol

just giving you a hard time brad, yuor the man on calling the games so far

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3996
lol chad say bye bye angels here we go red sox

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1532
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12718
AS already known by the FACTS....the Sox won the AL EAST, beating the Yankees...and The Sox advanced to the AL Championship series already, while the yankees struggle to stay alive and need to win 2 of next 3 against Cleveland, to even EARN an opportunity to play the Sox..

so the way I see it....The Sox have already pissed ALL OVER the Yanks!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1533
LOL....it ain't over til it's over!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6382
lets let the games be played and see what happens....regardless, whether the sox play the yanks or the indians, it wont be a cakewalk either way. i must admit, i slept on the indians. im very impressed watching their team play. 2 great young pitchers and not a bad offense at all.

imo, LK, you better hope the indians beat the yankees (which will probably happen :-( )....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12727
Why would the Sox NOT want to play ANYBODY?...especially the Yankees....they're a 4th rate team, who will have a new coach next year when Georgie boy gets done...and Arod will be gone too...Sox want to play the BEST other team out there, and it ain't the yankees!...

Last time I saw, they were the 4th seed in the playoffs, finished behind the Sox in the division, are down 2-1, and their 45 yr old fat ace "Rocket" could only last 2 innings and got slammed!...Sox really have no worries about them....LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6399
"The Sox have already pissed ALL OVER the Yanks!"

the season series wwas 10-8 in favor of the yanks

fyi

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15389
doesn't look good for the yanks right now. i can see why you are posting here and not watching the game man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12736
yanks....a SEASON is more than 18 games....Yanks were the 4th seed team BEHIND the RED SOX!...and losing 6-1 now in the 5th...they are about to take up GOLF until next year!... and WATCH the RED SOX on TV while they continue on!.....LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6402
im just simply pointing out that you have not 'pissed' on us....we finished 2 games back of the red sox in the regualr season....you guys were 14.5 up on us on may 29th....i look at it as we pissed on you guys for the second half of the season....go ahead and use the "you guys are out of the playoffs after tonite and we are still in it" thats all fine and dandy but thats not what the point is in this argument.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12750
Complete team effort vaults Indians into ALCS
Behind a patient offensive attack, a bend-but-don't-break start from Paul Byrd and some strong relief work, the Indians beat the Yanks, 6-4, to advance to the ALCS against Boston.

YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!....LMAO

Upload

And then there were four: LCS slates are all set
Baseball's final four is complete. The Rockies and D-backs open the NLCS Thursday at Phoenix's Chase Field, while the Indians and Red Sox start the ALCS Friday at Fenway Park.

Upload

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4022
here we go red sox

nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey gooodhoodbye!!!
nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey gooodhoodbye!!!

oh wait whos gone oh ya the yankees cause they suk

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6403
its ashame baseball didnt have a post season this year....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12756
CP from NY Times:

This is a NY fan!!:

Steinbrenner is a media chaser and he attracts coaches and players who want a big paycheck. They could care less about the city. The Yankees are not a baseball club, they're sports entertainment for people who don't even know how to wear a baseball cap the right way. He's the reason why MLB is about dollars and cents; and Yankees fans are chumps if you think otherwise.

-- Posted by fandud

BTW...this thread should DIE now, like the YANKEES did!....LMAO

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1534
I agree LK, this thread should die since nobody worth watching in the playoffs right now. I am a Yankee fan, not a Steinbrenner fan, and, because I love to post here...

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6406
LK, no offense but that is the dumest thing ive ever read....mr fandud shuold put a bullet between his eyes

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1537
Fandud is an idiot. Probably really a Red Sox fan.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1834
­
"BTW...this thread should DIE now, like the YANKEES did!....LMAO"

Upload

Could this be their year?

GO TRIBE!
­

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12808
Agent Scott Boras, believing Alex Rodriguez could receive a 12-year contract if he becomes a free agent next month, said Wednesday he will meet with the third baseman in the next 10 days to determine whether he'll opt out of his deal with the New York Yankees.
Rodriguez has until 10 days after the World Series to become a free agent, voiding the remaining three years and $81 million remaining in his original 10-year, $252 million deal.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman reiterated Tuesday he would recommend the Yankees halt negotiations if Rodriguez becomes an unrestricted free agent. If Rodriguez files for free agency, the Yankees no longer would receive the $7 million annual supplement from the Texas Rangers, who originally signed him to the contract.

"(Jorge) Posada and (Mariano) Rivera are going to become free agents," Boras said, "that's certainly not going to stop the Yankees from bidding on them. So why would you bid on them and not Alex?

"The Yankees knew they were getting him for four years. They vested that right. Now, it's Alex's right to opt out. They knew that when they acquired the player."

FIND MORE STORIES IN: MLB | Major League baseball | RBI | World Series | New York Yankees | Boston Red Sox | League | Cleveland Indians | Alex Rodriguez | Terry Francona | D'backs | Outfielder | Trot Nixon | Agent Scott Boras
Rodriguez, 32, became the first player since Mickey Mantle in 1956 to lead the major leagues in home runs (54), RBI (156) and runs (143) this season. He is expected to win the American League's Most Valuable Player award, his third in the last five years.

Even greater than Rodriguez's performance on the field, Boras said, is his monetary value to the Yankees. Boras cites the ratings and advertising increase at the YES network since Rodriguez's arrival, and suggests Rodriguez could be worth at least $450 million to the network and $80 million annually in attendance.

"Everybody tries to say this is all about Alex Rodriguez, or Boras getting more money for Alex Rodriguez," Boras said. "No, what we're talking about a player who has iconic value and network value that's independent of performance value.

"For me, this player has a different value than anyone else. This player makes the organization money. It may actually cost more money by not signing him than paying him."

Boras refused to speculate how much it would cost to sign Rodriguez if he opts out. Considering his current contract calls for $32 million annually in 2008, a 12-year deal could conceivably pay Rodriguez in excess of $400 million.

"You look at Alex's durability, his discipline and the passion he has," Boras said, "and he could be playing at the age of 45 at a very high level."

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12954
Torre turns down offer from Yankees

After all he had accomplished -- four World Series titles, 12 straight years in the playoffs, almost certain entry into the Hall of Fame -- and after all the indignities, this was one Joe Torre wasn't going to stand for.

Joe says no

He wasn't going to take a pay cut from the New York Yankees, no matter that he still would have been the highest-paid manager in baseball, and he certainly wasn't going to prove himself all over again.
Torre walked away Thursday, turning down a $5 million, one-year contract -- $2.5 million less than he made this season, when the Yankees failed to make it past the first round of the playoffs for the third straight year.

Good for Torres!...and I hope A Rod walks too...cause they are the 2 best and 2 most honorable men on the Yankees!...and I stated that here last March!...

so this is NOT a "go Red Sox thing"...this is one of the reasons I really hate the Yankees...

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2936
Arod will sign with the Giants. 8 years - $256 million.

Back to Fenway.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6540
well to say the least, i am very upset (not mad) that torre didnt come back....yankees offered him a good deal but one year just isnt worth it for him and i cant blame him....joe is one of my favorite guys and is a grade A guy and i wish him the best in whatver he choses to do next....thanks for the times joe and good luck is all i can say to him

now its down to don or joe....i vote don

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2940
Good deal? They offered him an incentives laden deal based on how far they get in the playoffs and not only that, even WITH those incentives, it was way less than last year. Of the five million total package, three of that was based on post season incentives (one mil for each playoff/series win. The deal was not only a slap in the face but insulting to a truly classy guy who went 1,173-767 with the Yankoffs including reaching the post season in every year (12) he was there. If Torre decides not to retire and enter the broadcasting booth, which he more than likely will at age 67... errr 97 if you count the aging that takes place under the rule of a tyrannical dictator in the roughest sports city in the world... and if LaRussa leaves the Cards, I think Torre would be the clear choice and end up there.

George Steinhitler truly believes that the pre-season lasts for 162 games. Now his evil spawn Wank and Heil Steinhitler will get to place their greedy little trust fund mittens on the steering wheel. Enough to make you yack up your lunch.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6543
eh, wasnt a great deal but it certainly could have been worse. i dont blame him for turning it down at all. hes worth more than that and why bother doing it when your just gonna be hasseled for a year and have to go through all this once again next year....no word yet on who will be next but i think don mattingly would be a good fit. we'll see what happens.....will be a very interesting off season for the yanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12985
SOX BEAT INDIANS

RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT

RED SOX GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12988
Told you so Yanks ... ....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6559
its funny how you suddenly disappeared when your team wen down 3-1 and then come back when they win the series lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12990
I didn't post cause I am very superstitious about certain things, and talking or bragging about a game during the game or a championship series is a no no..I always had faith and waited til it was over to "stick it to U and all the yankee fans!

LETS GO RED SOX......LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Prischihuas

CHIHUAHUA MEXICO

Post Number: 266
http://www.travian.com.mx/?uc=mx2_709

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13241
A-Rod to opt out of contract

Newly crowned Aaron Award winner ends Yankees tenure

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez has opted out of the final three years of his contract with the Yankees and will become a free agent, likely ending his four-year stay in New York.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13286
Mattingly , long time Yankees player and coach is pissed!....says see ya, I'm gone!

Don Mattingly was "extremely disappointed" to learn on Monday that he was not the Yankees' choice to fill the club's managerial vacancy, his agent said.
Mattingly's representative, Ray Schulte, said in a statement that the popular former Yankee has informed the organization he will not accept a coaching position under new manager Joe Girardi.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1598
Love Mattingly, he understood what it meant to wear the pinstripes. Girardi will be a much better manager though.

Wish A-Rod the best. At least now he can go back to Shortstop. Yanks won before he came, they'll keep winning after he leaves.

Joe Torre to the Dodgers, wish him well also.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2137
Its official, Torre is the new Dodgers Manager.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13327
Mattingly has gone with Torre to the Dodgers too...Yanks have now lost, and will lose more, their best players and coaches...their years of dynasty are long gone...

In the AL, it's the Red Sox turn , after winning 2 world series in last 4 years (2004-2007)...and many great "homegrown" young starters in Papelbon, Elsberry, Pedroia, Yuke, Lester, Del Carmen etc..to compliment some of the veterans, like Beckett, Manny, and Ortiz

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6765
i wish arod, mattingly, torre, and anyother yankee who leaves the best.

but i gotta say, i dont think the yankees will be in a drought but we will see.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15633
yes. the dodgers dynasty is about to start. lol.

welcome to los angeles joe torre.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6774
a great manager can only do so much chad....it takes a little bit of team talent to win lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13352
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2071
"a great manager can only do so much chad....it takes a little bit of team talent to win lol"

notice how the yankees fan chose the word "talent" instead of heart or teamwork or dedication or determination ...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6781
"notice how the yankees fan chose the word "talent" instead of heart or teamwork or dedication or determination ..."

heart, teamwork, dedication, and determination can only get you so far pit....i could be the most dedicated golfer in the world but that doesnt mean im gonna go out and break the course record....i could shoot 110 and be dedicated....so im gonna have to say i completely disagree with that statement

and for the record, a team with talent, dedication, teamwork, etc will be a great team....determination can only do so much for you

and LK, im just not even gonna comment on that cause no matter what ill say, youll just say "boston won the world series" so im not gonna waste my time argueing

Gold Member

Post Number: 2074
"heart, teamwork, dedication, and determination can only get you so far pit"

i agree, just jerkin ur chain.

"so im gonna have to say i completely disagree with that statement"

...what statement?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13356
I have and had a few friends play pro sports in the NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL....and the 1 thing they ALL agree upon is that " TALENT " is pretty much equal at that level, with a few exceptions...but its the MENTAL part of the player that distinguishes the best from the rest...the HEART, ATTITUDE, WORK ETHICS, DESIRE, ETC....and its those players who have the mental part of their game together, that makes into a great team, NOT just the simple physical talent!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6785
"...what statement?"

i was referring the statement you made above my post....the teamwork determination etc statement....altho going back now and reading it, i have nothing to disagree with lol
lets just act like i didnt say that part of my post :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6865
"i thoght dice-k looked like a regualr 15-17 game winner with an ERA floating around 3.5-4.0"

back to how Dice-K finished (which is how this thread started)....i was pretty close to being right....he finished 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA

Gold Member

Post Number: 2176
Yanks you WISH Dice-K played for the skankees!!! :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6966
meh

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11275
What does this mean?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-gennaroarod112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7222
they went into some deep detail in that paul lol

only thing it means is......the yankees will get number 27 this year :-)

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1640
It also means that a lot of people will hate the Yankees more!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7651
Bump.

Dont wanna lose this thread :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11806
Lol Yanks. Whatcha gonna do, keep bumping up through the winter?

I see your angle tho. Alot of stuff dropped quickly lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7657
Lol. This thread will stay on Ecoustics as long as I am here. This is my favorite thread of all time.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6832
If Yankees ever get the pitcher from Twins, then look out.
I hope Bosox and Yankees don't get it. I'd like to see some other team win the East. Why can't there be a cap like NFL?
Yankees and Bosox win only cause of money, not skills. Any baboon can put a team of allstars. It takes brains to do the same under a salary cap.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7658
Hm. Well Isaac, the only thing i agree with in that post is the first line.

After that, I have to disagree with.

"I hope Bosox and Yankees don't get it. I'd like to see some other team win the East. "

Let me guess, you want Toronto to win right? Cause theres no such thing as D-Rays or Oriole fans.

"Yankees and Bosox win only cause of money, not skills. Any baboon can put a team of allstars. It takes brains to do the same under a salary cap."

I don't really know how to come back to that. The Yankees and Red Sox both have a great farm system.

Out of the Yankees farm system (in recent times), we have Derek Jeter, Andy Pettite, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Mariana Rivera, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, Robi Cano, Shelley Duncan, Alfonso Soriano, and I'm missing some more. All these players were drafted by the Yankees or signed by the Yankees as a undrafted free agent.

So to say that the Yankees just buy their talent is far from the truth.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6842
Yanks Fan, you're missing the point. If MLB had salary cap, then the Yankees and Bosox would not be able to keep ALL those players. Why do you think blowjays/Orioles/DRays suck? They lost their best players cause of high salary.
So if you made it an even playing field, just like NFL, then the team with the smartest GM will win. Surely you can see that Yankees aren't the best when it comes to trading and signing free agents right? Look at all the failures.
Anyhow, I don't care if it's blowjays/Orioles/DRays, as long as it's a different team winning besides Yanks and BoSox, I'd be happy.
FYI, trim Yanks salary to be around 70Mil, and they wouldn't have been able to sign Derek, Andy, Jorge, Mariana, Jason, Matsui, Rogers. Did I miss anyone else? The same thing applies to Bosox.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7682
I see what your saying Isaac.

But, as a counterpoint, I believe that IF there were a salary cap, you would see the salaries of the players go down dramatically. Wouldn't see a player getting a 275million dollar contract.

BTW, if the Yankees or Red Sox didnt win the AL East then I would be worried that the world was coming to an end....and that there wouldn't be a real playoff that year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6867
Yea cause you're a Yanks fan, but really I wouldn't mind!
If you look at the salaries of the players, almost every one of them are making millions for playing 6 months a year. You tell me a job where it pays that much with holidays.
Be honest, wouldn't you like to see which club has the best GM & players? You give $220mil to any ball club, and sooner or later, they'll start looking likg Yanks and Bosox. Florida had the best team in baseball 5-7 years ago at a low low price. Had they had money, they could've won at least 4 world series.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7686
I'm gonna be honest. Do I want to see which team has the best GM and players? Nah, not really. I already know who are the best players and GMs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6871
Yea right now, but when the playing field is leveled, the real ones will step up, and the fakes will crumble. I don't think the Yanks's GM is that good. Look at his trades and signings that failed in the past.
Anyways I know you like the Yanks so I'm sure I can't change your mind. If Blowjays were rich enough to spend $4000000 mil, I'd probably be happy too.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7687
I disagree with your comment saying the Yanks have a bad GM. But I'm not going to go into depth about why its good.

Only thing I will say is, since 1996, we have 2 wild card berths, won the division 9 straight years, 10 division titles in that time frame, 6 AL pennants, and 4 world series....our GM must be doing something right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6872
Okay, since you think he's a great GM, tell me trades that he made where it turned out great. It can't be cause the other team was trying to dump salary. A Rod was a salary dump. Matsui was not a smart trade, Yanks just over paid. Free agent signings don't count, case any team with more money could've done the same thing.
So show me a smart trade. Long time ago, BlowJays made a trade for Robby and Joe carter (it was value for value). That was a great trade cause it helped us win 2 world series.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7689
Most trades are done due to teams dumping salary....actually, almost all of them are due to that. Why wasn't Matsui a good trade?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6878
It wasn't a trade. It was just signing with lots of $$$ and he wanted to play for the "powerful" yanks cause it was the quickest way for him to win world series in North America.
Most good trades are not salary dumps. I gave you a perfect example of Blowjay's trade. It was quality for quality, similar salary too. It helped both clubs. DRays pulled of similar trade this month. So tell me what your GM did that made him one of the best in baseball. I'd like to know. So far, all I've read were the ones that failed in our newspapers in Canada. Again, A Rod was a salary dump by Texas, they couldn't afford him. Heck, Bosox could've had him, if they paid more.
If you notice, I didn't say anything good about Bosox either. They too didn't make any great trades, mostly by spending lots of $$$ and stealing players from teams that had to dump money.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7692
Well, then I'll say exactly what you want me to say.

The Yankees have not made any good trades lately.

With that said, they haven't needed to. They have made good trades with "salary dump" trades.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6882
I know. The same thing applies to Bosox. So we're back to square one. Even before the season begins, the race is between Yanks and Bosox. Everyone else is just a spectator.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6883
Aren't you a fan of NFL? Isn't thre excitement every year, even for the teams that lost 16 games? That's what I'd like to see in MLB. Hockey used to be like MLB till it got salary cap. Now lot of teams have fair chance of winning it all.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7695
I love the NFL, just not as much as I love the MLB.

Equal drama in each sport. Hell the Yankees had a losing record to the Orioles last year.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7791
Roger is innocent.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7860
LK, just an update, but I got some spring training tickets for march :-)

Gold Member

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2589
"Roger is innocent."

yeah and pigs can fly, LK is a yankee fan, and DA Bears are gonna win the superbowl this season.

all 4 have about the same chance of being true.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13525
"Roger is innocent."

^^So is Barry :-)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3529
barry is not innocent, but he will be a prisoner soon... :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7871
Pit, all I will say is watch the February 13th (right date?) Congressional thing where he will, under oath, say he didn't use steroids and not be lying.

And Chauncey, thanks for the laugh man. I needed one tonite

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13536
Still cant prove it

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 3334
I guess OJ is innocent too by that logic?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12383
If it don't fit, you must acquit.......

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13542
"I guess OJ is innocent too by that logic?"

I ask people all the time..."Did you see me do it?"

LOLOLOL

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8405
Can't lose this classic thread.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13599

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9006
Up

:-)

Almost there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14842
This is a new season and a new start....this thread should close..

"told U so" subject was about 2007...and Yanks or whoever began that thread had to eat then words...time to move on..use the

Baseball 2008 thread..

Gold Member

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 3002
LOL at this thread!!!

I said DiceK would be better than Igawa last season, so I started this thread just to tease Yanks because DiceK had a much better opening performance. And look what it's turned into!!!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3623
I agree on the new thread. There is so much stupid crap in this one I don't even want to remember it.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9009
Lol. Fine. I'll let this thread die :-(

Gold Member

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 3005
R.I.P.

/thread

pointless +1 :-)