Adobe Reader Sucks

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3489
And it always has. Now there is something you can do about it. Install this new .pdf reader and set it as default when it asks you near the end of the install. Use the strings below to make it active in your browsers preferences. All of you should be using Opera, but I will include the other two just because that's how I roll. Foxit is so much faster and smoother than Adobe. It also starts instantly with none of that legendary "Adobe lag".

http://downloads.foxitsoftware.com/foxitreader/FoxitReader22_setup.exe

Opera: Tools, Preferences, Advanced, Downloads. Then double click on application/pdf line and check the "open with default application" box.

Firefox: Go to the "Tools -> Options" menu
Select the "Downloads" tab
Open "View and Edit Actions..."
Enter "pdf" in the "Search" box
Select "Change Action..."
Change the selection from "Use this Plugin" to "Open them with the default application".

Internet Exploder (just.... why): Right click a pdf file, and select Open with > Choose Program... , choose FoxIt, and then tick off "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14150
Holy fucktards was that a fast install. Thanks Brad!

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 661
damn bro thanks alot, Opera is my default broswer now its so much faster then IE, i didnt even hear about it till u mention it. i also installed foxit. thanks again :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5980
i use firefox, and its got an addon that lets you veiw pdf at htlm and its fast had it for a while sounds like the same deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us