Stupid alt died again. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3813
Well, Looks like 136 amps aint cutting it anymore. 4th alt in 2 years. They have lifetime replacement, but it just the hassle of changing it out. So Im looking into HO alts. I figure a 200 should be sweet. Anyone use mean green alts before? Look nice. But they dont list output.

http://www.mean-green.com/products/alternator.html

One problem I keep finding is no one makes em for dodge. At least not listed on site.
So if any one knows of a place. Its a 2001 Dodge ram van 1500. V6 3.9 239cc
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5265
Yeah, I'm fairly sure Mean Green is supposed to be pretty damn expensive. If you're not worried about the price though, either them or Ohio Generators would provide great alts. There are a couple other good companies, but their names slip my mind. I would steer clear of Iraggi and EA for sure though.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15837
Damn Marc. That sux. Think it was the 23 amps in your van lol?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20162

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6178
that sucks my alt has been werid the past day or two also. sometime it doesnt turn on and charge or it just randomly shuts off. i changed a few things and cleaned all the connections and stuff i hope that is all it was its working fine right now so i hope it stays that way. iv got another one to put in but its just a hassle to do it at my apartments.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3814
emailed a few companies about fit and price. should have something in a few weeks. I paid 263 for the 136, so when i return that, im half way to a ho.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3817
one down.

We dont have a high amp answer for this application.

Thanks, Steve

DB Electrical
5359 Kingsport Hwy
Gray, TN 37615
Call toll free at 800-753-2242

Ohio gen. 495+ shipping

So I just bought a new, ($350) not reman 136 amp again, and will go from there. Ohio also suggested an other battery and the stock alt should be fine for my app, So I will try that too.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8881
"Damn Marc. That sux. Think it was the 23 amps in your van lol?"

LOL

wow 350 for a stock alt

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1414
I was gonna say 2 stock alts, but not for $350 a piece! Thats outrageous...

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6185
hey marc why not just rebuild the one you have and fab up a bracket for it. or atleast keep it for a spare.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15320
I can buy a complete working running safe car for less than $350..LOL...it may not be pretty, but its functional in all ways with great AC and power everything..

I hate the auto industry, and refuse to dump much money into any car/vehicle...as long as its comfortable, safe, and reliable, thats all I am concerned with..but must be able to tow my boat..

and I refuse to lease aka rent..I have a 96 GMC Jimmy, Vortex 4.3L, that I love, take great care of, and hope to keep for some more years..I would have no fears or concerns of driving it anywhere...I can afford a brand new whatever car, but believe spending money on vehicles is throwing money away..

BTW...I would be at the junkyard, pulling an alternator out of something for $25-$40...

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3830
well heres the latest. I ordered this online before I went on vaca.

Upload
Upload

Got home Tuesday, Installed it. Same problem. Check gage light and bat needle bottomed out. Getting 11.9 volts on the bat and on the alt output. So I try a new battery, Had a spare sitting around. Still no joy. So I drive over to my alt guy and have the old alt benched. Its fine. So he says its the regulater thats the problem. The regulater for my van is in the ECU. Go to dealer for price..$700. So I look online. I find one for $299 Shipped overnight from FLA to MA. Get it today and install. Everthing is back to normal. Now I have a spare 136 amp alt too.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6233
that sucks, but atleast sh;t is working
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us