Cordless phone help!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11990
Ok, after asking for a new cordless phone/answering system for Xmas my family decided not to communicate with each other and so I received two. Not the problem. The problem is I can't get either of the new phones to ring when a call comes in. One's a Panasonic 2.4ghz digital answering system and the other is a GE 5.8ghz digital answering system.

Both sets have the additional handsets with remote bases. Both sets have been programmed and all handsets registered to their perspective bases. Both phones have the ringer set to on. I can dial out and receive calls but the ringer fails to operate on both units.

Here's some facts:
1) I have DSL internet service with the line filters installed.
2) I currently use a second Panasonic cordless phone a few years young in my bedroom which works flawlessly and is also digital.
3) I had shut down my DSL wireless modem thinking this might be the culpret, it wasn't.
4) I also tried installing only one phone at a time thinking they were interfering with each other, they weren't.
5) Paging feature works on both units.

How can two different cordless digital phones properly programmed and registered have the SAME problem? I have dial tone and can dial out, both sets say ready on the display, and I can pick up the phone and answer a call but how do I know there is one if it doesn't ring lol? I used a ton of minutes off my cell today dialing home trying to figure this out.

Yes I googled and visited both manufacturer's help sites. Their advice is slim/nonexistent.

Help is more than appreciated.Why won't my new phones ring??!!

I'm gonna go play my son's Wii for a bit to cheer myself up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11999
Nobody resonded. My arms are tired from playing the Wii and nobody knows what's up with my phones? Fug. Maybe I'll just sell them here for some cheap audio equipment lol.

Seriously, this sucks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12000

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4984
Hmmm sorry I can't help with the ringer problem, but I can give you a useful tip:

Keep the 5.8 ghz phone, return the 2.4 ghz one. 2.4 ghz is the band also used by WiFi wireless internet, and that has been known to interfere with cordless phones on that band. Actually more often, the phone causes the WiFi not to work.

So concentrate on getting the 5.8 ghz phone working :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12002
Best advice in the thread dude. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us