20 post rule

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22084
i was thinking in order to start your own thread you need to have at least 20 posts than we might get less spammers advertising their stupid stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8105
That is a really good idea Chad

Username: Nbn16

Post Number: 7
lol , good idea if you have 8000 posts.

some of you guys are really beyond stupid.

do you realize how ridicilous that is , who the hell has the capability of answering 20 questions if they are in a position that they have to come here to have their question answered,, stupids , and from a spammers standpoint all he has to do is press ok 20 times and say somehting like "yup I agree"

geez that was one of these that sounded better in your head and you should have kept it there

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1018
Better the spammer starts new thread rather than spamming in someone elses thread.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8111
There are other forums that have this rule and it works for them. Although they also actually have active moderators...... what a concept.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1020
Ill have to go with Nalin Bin Nadia on this one.

Bronze Member
Username: King_of_rats

Post Number: 32
lol. that's the most stupidest idea I had ever heard......

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22086
like i give a sh!t about what you think.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17731
Member mods please.

Again.

Bronze Member
Username: King_of_rats

Post Number: 34
yes, you give more than a stinky sh!t

cuz you read all our comments...

then you got really pissed...

then you came back with a sore azz answer...

so go back at what you're best....

being ecoustics' greatest post whore !!........

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17736
Look. The spammers are running rampant at times and all we can ever do is tag them as such and wait for the admin to clean house. We're looking for solutions that accommodate the admin's wishes as well as our own. We're stuck with the way things are so how, in today's world according to Ecoustics, can we rid ourselves of spammers?

Suggestions are more welcome than sarcasm.

Any day of the week.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8121
Notice the people complaining have 7 and 32 posts, and have said nothing useful

Bronze Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 35
There are only 2 ways to prevent spamming.

1. Required registration with a copied "colored inserted activation code" and email reply activation required with a legit email addy. (Many spams are computer programs generated, and not by humans)

2. More admins/mods and agressiveness to delete and ban spammers email addy, usernames and IP's.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 4220
A verified e-mail address has been required when you register here. But it has not stopped the spammers from getting free e-mail accounts and signing up again and again.

I have blocked IPs and usernames, but the malicious posters have gotten new usernames and re-registered.

The 20 post rule could be useful, but I feel it would probably hurt legitimate new users and really only send the spam into existing threads.

Please keep reporting spam here when you see it.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8174
Another idea: you must have over 20 posts to post links. Since the spammers only reason to post is to link to their sites.

But IDK if thats possible with this forum software.

Post Number: 4221
That a good point. Disabling photo uploads and active links from new users sounds like it would reduce spam posts.

I know that the forum software doesn't support that now, but it might not too hard to modify.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17762
The biggest spam reducer would be member mods who can spot/eliminate posts when they occur. Those posting "crap for sale" with like 50 or less posts. Sometimes they go days without deletion. We know you prefer sole control, that's obvious. Just give maybe one member per section the ability to tag/delete such members who appear to only post spam. They are easy to spot. Other "problem" members can just be brought to your attention, per your discretion.

Just a thought.

Post Number: 4237
I just removed the latest round of spam, and banned the user.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3316
Thanks Admin

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

I AM BACK, MATCH PLAY FEB 25TH

Post Number: 989
The idea of member mods is a terrible idea IMHO!!

Who here is unbiased enough to not ban people they just happen to disagree with? (I could do it fairly but am not interested) Certainly on the Sat forum there is nobody that I would trust to hold that responsibility.

I have seen it done on sports/football forums, in many cases they only end up banning people that hold a different opinion from their own, such as who should be the starting QB ETC.

Terrible idea IMHO

Platinum Member

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 19950
Member mods have worked quite well on 1000's of forums across the net. There have been suggestions in the past where no single member mod would have the power to ban anyone. That would take the combined effort of either two member mods or by admin. All we asked for is the simple ability to remove spam posts/threads which are quite easy to spot and annoying. A thread in the subwoofer section spamming cheap knock off Nike shoes simply doesn't belong. We don't feel it's out of line to have the ability to clean our own rooms of this garbage.

We're not asking for the power of God, just the chance to help the admin instead of having to post the links and wait.

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 222
Member mods are on almost every forum across the net.

I am with Paul.

J

Silver Member

I AM BACK, MATCH PLAY FEB 25TH

Post Number: 995
Yes it`s done elsewhere this is true, but we are talking about the motley crew here doing it.

Would be a terrible mistake!!! If you need further proof that I am right, just check out the most current popular thread there right now.The most probable front runners for the job are bickering like children as we speak.Each one of them wants to ban the other.

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 259
Of course we wouldn't want that LOL

How about you Tiger? You seem level headed. Do you have time?

Gold Member

GOLD BABY, DONT GET NO BETTER

Post Number: 1005
Yes you or I could do it Rico, but I think the front runners are obvious! I might consider it for the good of my country.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11170
"How about you Tiger? You seem level headed. Do you have time?"

Lmao. Coming from Rico Suave is even funnier. Both are complete idiots as seen here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video89508/553684.html

This forum would be an even bigger mockery if Tiger were a Mod.

Seriously though Admin, why don't you want to have even just a few member Mods? Just one or two for their respective section? I can think of plenty of people who get along with everyone in the subwoofer and OT sections who would be more than willing to help out.

Gold Member

DN MOLE, ECOUSTICS EXPERT

Post Number: 1009
Yanks Fan...

you just made my point for me! I started that thread by simply posting a article by the Christian anti Defamation Commision, I just put it out there for discussion.

I posted 2 more times on that thread, I stated I believed in what the Bible had to say about (the word ecoustics does not allow, regarding man with man)

I was accused of being a hate monger because I believe what generations have believed since the beggining of time. I also believe in what the Bible has to say about it. Millions of Americans share my point of view.

You call me a idiot because I believe what I believe. I have never called anybody a idiot on the forum.

You say I am not fit to be a moderator because I hold a different view than you do. I do not want to be a mod nor would I be voted in if a forum election was to be held.

My opinion being a different one from yours, or even the Administrator (I have no idea the politics/beliefs of the ADM) should not have any bearing IMHO.

It`s clear that I hold the minority viewpoint on politics on this forum, but close to 50 % of the American people do share my views.

Yanks Fan says I disqualify myself because my opinions on life are different from his. If he was a moderator I would probably be banned. Truth of the matter his views are shared by the majority on this forum, meaning anybody that was a Republican or a Conservative would not be welcomed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us