DVR 522, Rom 10, Magic Card questions

Username: Fords4me

Post Number: 2
I am getting a brand new 522 this week. I want to test with this receiver using a magic card in conjunction with my subscription. I have a unlocked Rom 10 card to use. When I try to setup my 522 for the 1st time should I use the Rom10 card or the yellow one? I'll be getting a legit subscription and I'm not sure if Dishnet will let me use a older card with a new RXer. Any help is appreciated.

Post Number: 3
Anyone? This thing comes in 3 days. It'd be a shame to start off wrong.

Anonymous

i am contimplating getting the bev 5900 pvr which i assume is the exact same as teh one mentioned above for dish, wondering what steps i shoudl take before during and after instalation to open it up etc. and what card is best to use if any on a new system?

Post Number: 4
Not exactly the same but you have the same problem. Search around and find which items you want to use. I chose the "half-steal" method. Using a card and a legit subscription you can use a Magic Card to get the rest of the channels. My problem is I dont know how to switch a legit subscription from a new card to a old card. I don't know if Dishnet will allow it.

Anonymous

so i buy the pvr and get it set up with a basic program order a magic card and stick it in to open up teh rest of teh channells? do i need a j tag or writer or anything else?

Post Number: 5
Not exactly the same but you have the same problem. Search around and find which items you want to use. I chose the "half-steal" method. Using a card and a legit subscription you can use a Magic Card to get the rest of the channels. My problem is I dont know how to switch a legit subscription from a new card to a old card. I don't know if Dishnet will allow it.

Unregistered guest
Hola,

I bought a brand new 522 DVR and now DishNetwork do not want to activate it with my subscription because they say these receivers shouldn't be available in my country, Puerto Rico. I think it is because I did not buy it directly from them. Is there any possible way to hack this receiver so I can use it with my AT180 subscription?

Best regards,
Jose
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us