Any OLED Sets In Use?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3254
Any Early buyers of an OLED Set? I see that LG is making one and it gets good reviews. But I'd like to hear from actual users.
I currently have a plasma and like the picture. OLED appears to have that going for it. I'm going to try to SKIP owning a large LCD altogether.

Username: Muny288

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 1
I have an LED and it is very nice, 43" about 1/2" thick and only 20lbs, if that. I see a lot of 4K TVs, but I would rather go with an OLED because the picture looks much better. The thing about 4K TVs is what equipment actually uses that? I seen that 1080P is up-scaled, but it doesn't seem all that great. 4K is definitely a difference, but why when OLED looks the same I think, if not better. It supports 1080p and doesn't blur like 4K up-scaling would. Cable boxes don't put out 4K, so I don't see the point. OLED to me is the way to go. The prices of 4K TVs have come down to about a 1080P price, but I know OLED is still up there and I am waiting for them to come down in price.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3324
More material WILL become available as more 4k sets come to market.
Right now? The only OLED set I know of is made by LG. They have 2 sizes, a 55" available as a 1080 or 4K and a 65" ONLY as 4K. The entry level 55" / 1080 set retails for about 2000$
Some curved panel VS flat panel options, too.

Maybe wait until Christmas of 2016 for better pricing?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us