Tv Showing Green Glow-Problem

Username: Exilekiller

Post Number: 1
Hey guys so I got 62 inch Samsung DLp tv. hln617w
Hooked up my ps2 and it give me a green glow on all the objects on screen. I know its not the ps2 because it does it when I watch cable to. The weird thing is, when it goes into HD picture, the green goes away. How can I fix this
Thanks
Upload

Username: Zobeii77

Pakistan

Post Number: 10
Marc,

Check the Convergance settings....this is where you line up the lenses of the projection system to make a White line putting all the RGB on top of each other...this willl get rid of this glow.

Good luck!

Bronze Member

Pakistan

Post Number: 14
For really bad convergence
The extra power supply is not working. Check R18 on primary side. It should read 220Kohm

Thanks,
Zobeii

Post Number: 2
ok how do fix the covergence, didnsee anything in the menus. tv

Bronze Member

Pakistan

Post Number: 17
One drawback to projection TVs is that the convergence--the alignment of the red, blue and green portions of the picture--can get misaligned, creating a blur or tint on the screen. Samsung has been producing quality projection TVs for years, and while older and newer models have different methods of dealing with this color imbalance, it can be fixed in a few simple steps.

Turn on your TV and let it warm up for at least thirty minutes, if your Samsung is an older model that still has a convergence feature. Some models may also have a "Perfect Focus" button on the unit and/or the remote control--press that to perform this function automatically and skip the rest of this process.

Press the "Menu" button on the remote control.

Select "Function" and then "Convergence".

Select "Perfect Focus" in the "Convergence" menu to bring up that screen.

Follow the cues to go through the Perfect Focus process in this order: green, red and blue.

Press "Menu" to exit.

Bronze Member

Pakistan

Post Number: 18
Marc,
Come back and let us the result!!

Good Luck!

Post Number: 3
yah my menus have none of that.

any other options?

Bronze Member

Pakistan

Post Number: 22
Marc,

Green screen issue seems to be less of a problem than some people think...... Try changing your HDMI cable or contacting your cable provider to change your cable box. I had the green screen issue as well however I could play a video game and get sound. I am doing much better now.
There are no other options in my knowledge, if this doesn't work then why you just don't call up for the repair service before these lines get worst.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Pakistan

Post Number: 24
Hey Marc, any update?

Post Number: 4
I guess I am going to have to call a tv repair person because I have tried all the inputs on the back and none of them work without the green lines and glow. its just weird that when I play gt4 in 1080i mode there is no green.

Username: Josephrohdes221

Post Number: 4
Yeah it is better to get an expert or a technician when we fail to sort out the problem with simple options or go through the booklet provided with the appliance when you purchased it to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us