Vizio VT470M

Username: Tbkcruse

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone. I have a 47inch vizio lcd tv. When you power it up white vizio comes up,then vizio screen(shaking),then blue screen(again shaking) then black. Vizio logo at bottom still white and buttons and remote will not work. I have to pull the plug to shut it off. Any suggestions?
Thanks
TomK

Username: Tbkcruse

Post Number: 2
Hi, I have a Vizio VT470M. When powering it on the vizio logo at the bottom turns white, then the vizio screen pops up for just a second. Then the screen turns blue(no inputs are connected) for a couple of seconds, then black. Vizio logo turns orange. I replaced the main board but no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom K

Username: Brody131

Post Number: 2
Same issue here. Mine would even work for seconds after leaving unplugged then freeze frame. I could turn it off though. After turning back on i get blank screen. Checked all fuses, replaced all caps on main board (suspect) and still the same
thing. next day i power it up and it freezes just the same except with weird pattern, then back to black on second try. Vizio logo still turning white, still getting all voltages supplied to all components just no "sw on" voltage.

What i did check is that all voltage was present out of power supply. When it operated correctly id get 5v "sw on" voltage, when it froze 2-3v. When picture and sound gone i got 0v. I suspect the main board but not sure. My only guess without schematic is chip on main board or voltage reg problem on main board, but one of you guys said main board wasnt a fix. If i figure something out ill post back.

Username: Brody131

Post Number: 3
One more thing to the guy who replaced main board.. Tom K.. Did you check all other voltages and determine power supply to be good? Answer may benefit you and me both.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us