Dvd recorder hook up

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through July 09, 2005David Massey100

Username: Thechief

Post Number: 1
This site is outstanding! I'm just dumb. Could you give me step-by-step instructions on how to connect my RCA Recorder/VCR Combo (DRC8295N), so that I can record from premium digital cable channels. I have Charter digital cable with HDTV, but when I run the setup program for the recorder, it only sets up, I believe, channels under 125. Is there a way to access the premium channels through this recorder? I have a Hitachi HD plasma that has an audio video control center that connects to the Charter cable box, also. Emailing step-by-step instructions is fine, if this type of setup is possible.

Unregistered guest
hi, i need some help with this stuff.
i have panasonic tv combo PVQ-2510A.
-dvd recorder DMR-ES10.
-dvd sony DVP-NS300 AND
dish network cable DP-301.
i would like record dvd to dvd, how can i do that...please help me. i bought it an digital video enhancer and duplicator model ct-1.
please send me any suggestion.
duanette@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered guest
-hi, is me again please i need any advice.
what can i do. and put to work my dvd recorder. plaese.

Unregistered guest
i have a hd dish network box, and just bought a panasonic DMR-ES30V DVD/VCR COMBO WHEN I HOOK UP AND TRY TO PRESET CHANNELS, I GET A MESSAGE SAYING NO CABLE BOX DETECTED PLEASE CHECK CABLE AND TRY AGAIN. THE DISH HD BOX ONLY HAS A CABLE IN, NO CO AXLE OUT TO GO TO THE DVD DO I HAVE TO USE A SPLITTER??? I CAN WATCH DVD'S & TAPES, BUT CAN'T RECORD HELP!!

Janelle
Unregistered guest
Hi!
I just recently bought a Panasonic DMR-ES30V recorder (dvd/vcr combo) I have been desperately trying to hook it up to my Daewoo TV (with one set of rca jacks) and my Sony DVP-NS315 Dvd player. Now, I wanted to be able to record DVD,as well as VHS, and TV to dvd... so I also bought the GO DVD! stabilizer box. I've been switching around cables all day... :-( I finally found a way to have everything hooked up & get everything to record fine... but when I play a dvd in the dvd player & record... there is video, but there is no sound. I have the dvd player directly connected to my tv, because this is the only way my dvd player will work. When I try putting the recorder to the tv, and the dvd to the recorder... then hit 'imput' on my tv remote - nothing happens... where as before, my dvd player would come on. Now I have the dvd to the tv, and the dvd to the recorder via S-Video cable. The only things left on my dvd player are "Component Video OUTS".The component jacks on the recorder also say "Component Out". Is this conflicting?? Or should I pick up some component cables and hook them from the dvd player to the dvd recorder??? and will this fix the audio problem?? There's really no other way to hook this up to get all 3 things working ..
Please help! :-)
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1357
You need to connect the RCA audio outputs to the recorder too. S-video is video only, no audio.

Janelle
Unregistered guest
Here are 2 pics if it helps... first pic is of my dvd player... the only set of rca jacks are being used for the tv, and the only 2 output choices are the component or the coaxial (which I'm not familiar with). And the only imputs that are on the recorder (pic 2) are rca's... the rest say outputs. Will the component connection work to give me sound since I don't have any available rca's to put into the recorder??

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/NYAngel98/dvdsetup2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/NYAngel98/dvdsetup.jpg

Janelle
Unregistered guest
Thats my problem... I don't have them coming out of anywhere to put them into the recorder...

The only set on the dvd player are going to the tv. Which also only has one set. :-(

Unregistered guest
I was thinking... is there a way to use those "Y" rca splitters? (one black going to a white & red) can I put one in the red of the dvd (run it to the tv) and another in the white of the dvd (going to the recorder)?? I'm stumped. I don't know if using the cxomponent canles from the dvd to the recorder will give sound. :-( I have 2 devices that need audio, but only one set of available rca's. :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1360
You are going to have to use the audio outputs going to the TV if you want to record, either that or buy a player with 2 sets of audio outs.

Janelle
Unregistered guest
thanks guys.... I appreciate all your help. Actually I got 2 "Y" splitters 1 male to 2 female... made one splitter for red, and the other for white, and split the audio from the tv to both the player and the recorder - works great now ! ;)
Finally! Hooray!! :-)

Unregistered guest
HELP...please
have a pioneer pdp-4350 hd plasma
toshiba rd-x34 hdd/dvd video recorder.
have a cable card from comcast
can not access the tv guide to the toshiba
Please help

Username: Marilynii

How do I hook up a LG LRY-517 vcr & dvd recorder to a tv with only a coax connection. Have cox cable but not using cable box. Have a standard RF modulator, will that work, or do I need something else. How do I hook it all up. Thanks

Unregistered guest
Please can someone help me. i have a samsung HDTV, satellite tv box with s-video and rf connection, a DVR with (s-video and component),and a set top box for digital channels. I want to be able to watch normal TV, satellite TV and record either use the DVR. Currently I'm watching TV and Satellite through the DVR but the normal TV channels are not clear or digital. Does the DVR recieve the channels through the set-top-box. i change channels use the DVR.

Anonymous

I just bought a DVD recorder. I am trying to hook it up with my VCR and have had no luck. I have cable with no box. I have the RCA cables. Do I need an S-video?

Unregistered guest
Need assistance.

Philips DVDR75, Philips HDTV, Scientific Atlanta HD-DVR. Have recorded shows that I want to get on DVD to free up DVR space. I can watch Cable HDTV, watch DVDs, but I can't figure out the configuration to allow me to monitor the TV while playing back DVR recorded programs so the DVDR can record them.

I can provide my current schemo if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Situation: Have the following Equipment: Philips 30" Widescreen HDTV Ready LCD TV; Panasonic DVD Recoder (DMR-ES10); using Dish HD Satellite System Model 811 Receiver. What is best way to hookup to allow DVD recording while watching Satellite TV. If not possible, what is next best option? Any, and all assistance will surely be more than appreciated. Thank you in advance. Ecoustics. com should be proud of the info it provides to all.

Unregistered guest
Situation: Have the following Equipment: Philips 30" Widescreen HDTV Ready LCD TV; Panasonic DVD Recoder (DMR-ES10); using Dish HD Satellite System Model 811 Receiver. What is best way to hookup to allow DVD recording while watching Satellite TV. If not possible, what is next best option? Any, and all assistance will surely be more than appreciated. Thank you in advance. Ecoustics. com should be proud of the info it provides to all.

Bronze Member
Username: Burtshell

Boynton beach, FL United States

Post Number: 12
what is the best way to hook up the lite on dvd recorder combo vcr (9006).i have the following:
scientific atlanta cable box
liteon combo
tv with a/v jacks
thanks
burtshell

Unregistered guest
I was wondering if there was a way to time record using a sony rdr-gx300 and a dish network dp 301 satellite receiver and if i can is there a certain way i need to hook it up. right now i have all my equipment hooked into my sony str de 597 surround sound receiver. I also have bell express vu receiver hooked up and it is the exact same receiver as the dish network... a 301. I would love to be able to set this up so i can record a few shows on different chanels while i am sleeping. I can set it up now to record one show as long as i leave it on the chanel that is to be recorded from before i go to bed but i dont like doing this as my kids sometimes get up early and i dont like them turning on the tv incase i had it on a chanel that might be showing restricted movies. they are 10 and 13 so we try not and let them watch anything over pg or pg 13 at the most. thanks in advance if someone could help me out.

Unregistered guest
FYI! I'm recovering from a heart attack following open-heart surgery that resulted in some memory loss due to the lack of oxygen. I'm 71 and I've done this hookup many times before, but now I can't remember how and now I must re-learn the process. Sorry! I hope this FYI doesn't turn anyone off.

I'm asking how to re-connect up my Satellite DirecTV using a Hughes DVR 40 Tivo. I want to use my Panasonic HE 200 receiver as a switching station for all my other components. I have most all the necessary jacks, including the conponent S-Video, and Optical digital. I want to use my JVC 27" TV as a monitor.

I've tried for several days and I'm overlooking something that is keeping me from getting the satellite signals through my receiver to the monitor. It just occurred to me that I could have a bad cable. In any event, I'm very frustrated and need someone with patience and "in the know" to help me. Thank you all!!!

Marc R.
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if it is possible to record to a DVD programs you have recorded on a Dish Network DVR? If this is possible how do you do it and what is the best DVD burner to purchase for this?

Unregistered guest
HELP!!!!
I need help connecting the following:
Panasonic HDTV 1080i Television
Motorola DVR Comcast Cable Box DCT6412
Sony RDR-GX7 DVD Recorder

Dave on Amelia Island
Unregistered guest
I have a RCA DVD Recorder/VCR Combo model DRC8295N. I programmed the remote to control my TV and Cable box, now the remote won't control the DVD/VCR. I've tried reprogramming it every way I can think of. Any one else had this problem?

Dave on Amelia Island
Unregistered guest
I figured it out. Unplug unit. Plug back in.

Unregistered guest
I have a sony 21" trinitron TV (1992) and a sony DVD player DVP-NS575P.I want to know how to connect it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1481
S-video cable if the TV has it, RCA jacks if not. If it doesn't have either, you need an RF modulator.

Unregistered guest
Can you tell me where do I get these cables.
I know what is a S-video cable and the tv doesnt have it but I dont know what the other two are.Can you help me and maybe with pictures of the cables ?Thanks

Unregistered guest
i have the rca jacks but where should i put it on the dvd player

Unregistered guest
Cause there is 2 audio holes and 1 coaxial hole on the dvd player.and on the tv there is a big black hole,i think its called rf

Gold Member

Post Number: 1488
RF is the coax input. RCAs are what connects stereo equipment. If there's a hole, it's probably s-video.

Unregistered guest
2 Questions

1) I have a WinTV PVR 150 capture card. Can anyone recomend software that will allow me to schedule recordings directly to a DVD, not the hard drive.
2) For S-video output, is there a maximum cable length to avoid signal degradation.

Thanks

Username: Gschloff

Coos Bay, OR USA

Aaarrgghhh! I came close to getting an answer, but I guess the person helped the other person privately, because he/she didn't post the solution! That is frustrating.

I have a 2 year old Quasar 27 inch tv with a Motorola cable box from our cable company (Charter Communications). I bought a JVC DVD Recorder.
A friend hooked it up but not correctly I don't think. I finally got the codes for the tv and cable box into the DVD-R remote so it can turn those things off and on.

I try to watch a dvd movie, and I can see it turning, but no sound, no picture. I've tried turning the tv on channel 3 and 4 and used the TV/Video button on the cable box remote, but nothing works.

I cannot get into the "setup" menu as the DVD-R manual wants me to do. It's making me nuts. I sure hope I don't have to buy anything else to get this to work.

Hope someone here can help! I wanna lay in bed and watch my movies! Hellllpppppp!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1519
Use an s-video cable or RCAs from the recorder to the TV and set the TV on whatever input you used. The cable box should be connected the same way.

Username: Gschloff

Coos Bay, OR USA

Post Number: 3
so if I understand you correctly, I connect both the cable box and the recorder to the tv? Then put the tv on whatever input I used? Do you mean channel 3 or 4? I don't know what you mean by: set the tv on whatever input you used.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1524
You have to use s-video or RCAs out of the DVD recorder. They don't output through the RF, all they do is pass through the incoming signal. If you want to watch cable without having to have the recorder on, I wouldn't recommend leaving it on, connect the coax out to the TV. The recorder will need to be on whatever input you connected the s-video or RCAs from the box to, if s-video you still need RCAs for audio. On the JVC, you go through the channels till you get to the right input, below channel 2. The TV should have an input or TV/AUX or similar button on it or the remote.

berned
Unregistered guest
Trying to record to dvr from tv. dvr channel setup does not see cable signal. Cable goes to vcr & tv. Have s-video connection tv to dvr. Do I need another s-video cable from tv to vhs on dvr? Thanks for your help.

Maxine Well
Unregistered guest
Help with purchase -- I am a comcast customer who would like to purchase a "tivo-like" box vs. renting dvr from comcast. I've been told that tivo will not work with comcast, so what do I buy? Thanks much!!

Unregistered guest
trying to hook up a panasonic dvd player to a magnovox t.v.... have a dual ended red-yellow- white cable...to connect the dvd to the t.v..... city cable connected to the t.v. with coax connector...how and where does the connection go ....i am connected red-yellow- white dvd to red- white-yellow tv but no picture from dvd even tho the display says it is playing...help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1659
Set the TV on whatever input it's connected to. There should be an input or auxilary button on the TV or remote.

Unregistered guest
david...the t.v. does not have an auxilary button anywhere on it that i can see...it has a status button and a display button but no aux....the remote control shows an auxilary-antenna-vcr but i cant get it to switch from antenna to auxilary mode...any suggestions .b

Unregistered guest
david...the t.v. does not have an auxilary button anywhere on it that i can see...it has a status button and a display button but no aux....the remote control shows an auxilary-antenna-vcr but i cant get it to switch from antenna to auxilary mode...any suggestions .b

Gold Member

Post Number: 1663
Try going through the channels and see if it gets there. Some RCA TVs have it on channel 92 or something like that.

bainbridge
Unregistered guest
david....got it to work..thanks...appreciate your help...nice to know there are people out there with techno skills...thanks again.b.

Anonymous

I have a Panansonic DMR E55S DVD Recorder.
I have a JVC model? (old) VCR.

I just installed Dish Network using the Dish 322 receiver.

I want to hook up the VCR and DVD but only want to record on the DVD.

The instructions tell me to run an auto channel finder and offers TV antenna or CATV.
When I do that I only get one channel.
The DMR E55 only can have 125 channels.
Can you walk me through the whole process of setting up to play and record? Thank you in advance. Please email me too thanks.

Username: Kmal7788

Post Number: 2
I have the same problem, and referrals to past postings don't help. I have a Samsung HLP4663W HDTV, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD Digital Cable Box, a Sansui VRDVD4005 VCR/DVD recorder combo, and a 25 year old stereo receiver. I want to be able to watch TV or a Tape or a DVD and be able to hear the sound through the stereo speakers, and I want to be able to turn off the TV and listen to music channels from the cable box, and I want to be able to record from the TV and/or cable box on both tapes and dvds. I have all sorts of cables, but not sure which ones to use and in which order to connect everything. Right now I have everything I want EXCEPT I cannot turn off the TV when I have the digital music channel on and I can't record on either tape or dvd. I have so many spots on the back of the TV to plug things into I am very confused. I have AV1, AV2, Component 1, Component 2. Help!

Please reply to email KMAL7788@aol.com. Thanks!

Username: Bajangal61

Oslo, Oslo Norway

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me here. I have a LG DR7400 DVD recorder, Matsui DVD player, Philips Video recorder and a TV.
My aim is to connect all 4 together and be able to watch the tv, record from dvd to dvd, record from TV to dvd, record from VHS to dvd and to watch videos. The TV has a scart and antenna outlet. The video has a scart, antenna and RF outlet. The dvd player has a scart, antenna, audio, s-video and video (yellow) outlets. The DVDR has 2 scarts, antenna, RF, digital audio out, video, audio and S-video outlets. Can someone tell me where to start. I have read the manual but, I am none the wiser. Many thanks.

Tigger
Unregistered guest
Help please!
Just got a Pioneer DVR 633 with the 160GB HDD. I have Bell ExpressVu 3100 & a Sony TV.Hooked it all up... got the all the connections right and I did TRIPLE check it just to be sure. So Now everything is working EXCEPT I cannot create a timer to record. Thought I check the net to see if someone might be able to help, found this forum and saw this under my Google search:
"Dvd recorder hook up
I am attempting to hook up a pioneer dvd recorder. ... I also have bell express
vu receiver hooked up and it is the exact same receiver as the dish ..."
Thought I'd struck gold but couldn't find that post, but I'm praying that someone might be able to help!
The manual tells me to program the satellite remote with the recording codes for a Pioneer VCR, tired it but none of the codes work? Does anyone know any of the codes or perhaps a new one to try? Or am I doing something else entirely wrong?
And do I need to hook up the G-Link cable? I do have it hooked up but haven't a clue if its doing anything useful or not?

Username: Bill613

I'm attempting to hookup a Panasonic DMR-EH50S, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200 cable box and a Sony KV36XBR200 TV but can't get the TV Guide on Screen to function. I've called the Panasonic help line twice and got two different sets of instructions neither of which has worked. Any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1686
The guide won't work with a cable box. Connect the cable directly to the recorder if you want the guide. If you have digital cable, you'll have to use the box.

Zim
Unregistered guest
Hi,everyone.I have a Pace digital cable box from Comcast,56" HDTV JVC TV,DR-MX1 HDD/DVD/VCR recorder all hooked up through my Onkyo A/V receiver.
The problem I have is setting the channels on the DVD recorder before I even try to record anything.Plus I think I'll need help to hook the DVD recorder's cables the right way.
Please help me out here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1749
To record digital channels, you need to use the box. Connect the box to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If you want to record analog channels, split the cable before the box and connect to the recorder and the box.

lbflex99
Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer DVD recorder/player that I am having trouble recording a TV station on. I have a digital cable box too. I have the main coax cable going to the "box" then another coax cable going into my DVD recorder, from which, I have another coax cable going back to my TV. I went through the "setup" on the DVD recorder, which is set on "Ch.3" When I've setup a timer recording(to record Ch.6) and it records, I get a blank screen recording?? The DVD recorder is fine, as is the TV. Can someone help? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1759
Connect the box to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If s-video, preferable, you still need RCAs for audio.

lbflex99
Unregistered guest
I have the RCAs connected and the recorder is set on the correct input station, which is Ch.3.(??)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1763
If connected with RCAs, it won't be a channel, it'll be a line input. L1,L2, etc.

lbflex99
Unregistered guest
I had mistakenly said I had the recorder on Ch.3, actually it was on L1. Ch.3 was the time before! Frustrating to say the least. Thanks

lbflex99
Unregistered guest
I also just ran a set of cables from the "out" jacks, Grn. Blu. and Red on the recorder, to the "in" on my TV. Does this help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1765
Does the TV have component inputs? If not you need to use s-video or composite. Is the box on when you try to record?

lbflex99
Unregistered guest
I've downloaded a "User Guide" manual for my cable box, Motorola DCT-2000. On pg. 25 has a diagram which I'll probably try. The heading reads, "Cabling with RF Bypass." The diagram shows a VCR, but I'll have the DVD recorder in its place.
To answer your question though, yes it does, as far as it having component inputs and yes the box is on. My TV has A and B stations, "A" TV stations come through my digital box, and "B" are the standard cable stations.
Today I could record the station I was watching, but when I set the "Timer Recording" on a station and was watching another station, I got a blank screen recording? This is been the problem from the beginning. This seems SO complicated for something that should be SO very EASY to do? Thanks for the help you are providing.

tsherm
Unregistered guest
How can I hook up Sony gx315 dvd recorder to Mitsubishi tv and satellite with dvr?

Unregistered guest
ok and here's MY problem, I am trying to set up a dvd,vcr, satellite dish network receiver all to my Phiilips/Mag tv but all I need is a diagram and I CAN figuare it out but where do I go to find this corrct forum?

Anonymous

Have Cyberhome dvd player/recorder, used with DTV satellite and 4 year old no-frills tv that does not have rca jacks (I have an rf modulator). Currently the dtv satellite box is hooked to the rf modulator (there seems to be no way to do that "wrong"--- the modulator only has a few simple connectors). RF modulator is connected to tv. I am using composite video/rca jacks--- haven't yet bought s-video jacks. I can WATCH tv programming OR watch a pre-recorded dvd, but cannot seem to RECORD from the tv. I have tried every possible connection combination. If I can see the tv signal, I cannot get any display on the tv screen indicating "recording". If I can see a dtv signal/programming, that's all I can see-- there's no dvd display or set-up info on the tv screen. switch cables around so that I can see a display (on the tv) indicating recorder is ready to record, then I cannot see any tv signal. It's like the recorder recognizes the DTV programming signal unless I am trying to RECORD. If I try to record, the recorder's red light says "process recording"....but then the playback is blank. I finalize the dvd (to check and see if anything recorded). The resulting dvd says "100% free", as though nothing recorded. I don't understand how I can WATCH the DTV programming with the rf modulator and dvd recorder set up--- but I can't seem to record the program. Do I need two sets of rca jacks, one for playback and one to record? Do I need two rf modulators? I have tried everything else? It 's supposed to be possible to do all this without s-video cables. Help. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1946
Connect the sat to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used.

robert103
Unregistered guest
yes i have a phillips lcd hdtv,, i've also got a samsung dvr tivo satelite reciever hooked to it,, the picture i'm getting is terrible,, its worst on fast motion pictures,,like football games,, can you suggest what i can do to get the crystal clear picture i should have,,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1954
TiVo records in LP, it's going to look bad on fast moving images. Mini dishes look bad on fast moving images anyway, the compression is too high.

ssb
Unregistered guest
Panasonic DMR-ES30V - I record TV program on both DVD-R and DVD+R and finalize. I can play back fine on my player and computer but when my son plays on his DVD player he only gets the audio portion and no picture. The only picture is the little square box on the top left of the screen but nothing else. He can play it fine in his computer. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can correct this. Thank you.

Santana
Unregistered guest
Copy this site it should have everything you guys need, it is a pain in the buttocks but be patient.
http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv1022.htm

Username: Mymoggies

BoltonEngland

Hi Eveyone, I am a thick female, Just bought a liteon dvd recorder, I have a tv with 2 scarts, a vcr recorder, a digi box, and a vcr recorder, please can someone help per as to hook them up, so I can record from tv to dvd or digi box to dvd, also how do I transfer vcr to dvd, please help.

Username: Ashdork07

ok well im sure someone else has asked it and been anwsered but there are so many posts i cant possibly go through them all we are trying to hook up dvr to dvd/vcr recorder and surround sound we got it to work but there is a sound delay not sure why this is happening any help?

Anonymous

i purchased a Protron 100 Dvd recorder and can not get the thing to respond to the remote to enter set-up as decribed in the manual. Is the set-up to be displayed on the tv. Could it be that the tv does not recognize the dvd recorder?

Unregistered guest
I need help installing my Panasonic DMR-ES30V to DirecTV and my TV set.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1998
Connect the sat to the recorder with s-video or RCAs, and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If using s-video, you still need RCAs for audio. Connect the recorder to the TV with, in order of preference, the triple component cables, s-video, RCAs. If using component or s-video, you need RCAs for audio too.

Unregistered guest
I just got a Protron DVR 100 for Christmas. Like the previous poster I'm having difficulties. The Setup doesn't work consistently. The channel scan is not accessible 9 times out of 10 attempts. It scrolls past as if it weren't even there. Then when it finally is accessible, channel scan only finds 1 channel regardless of the mode I'm scanning in. The ProtronUSA website has no technical support information AT ALL. I tried calling on Christmas and was suprised they were open. I was on hold for an hour. When they finally answered they told me to unplug the DVR for an hour and then call on Monday. When I told them I had already done that and to tell me the next step, they said call back on Monday... When I pressed them about it, they had no technical support staff on duty... I would have rather not waited on hold for an hour to learn that. I'm currently on hold again. The first seven attempts to call customer support they disconnected my call after 2 minutes. I'm finally through and still on hold after 30 minutes. I'm not sure I want to keep this thing even if I can get it working... No customer support if I ever have a problem. I'm thinking return it while I can...

TedPants
Unregistered guest
Hi All,

Just bought a new LG dvd recorder. Previously had a samsung dvd player.

old set-up.

Coaxial areial --> Foxtel Digi Box Areial in
Foxtel Digi Areial out --> DVD Areial in
DVD Areial out --> TV Areial in

Foxtel Digi box has to scart connections. TV and Video. TV Scart connection is connected to TV via a Scart--> 3 RCA connector cabel.
VCR scart connection is connected to DVD via Scart--> 6 RCA connector. All worked ok ( hadn't used dvd in a few month though.)

Bought new LG dvd recorder and just swapped the connections on old DVD to new DVD.

Free to air TV works ok, and Foxtel Digital works ok but no DVD... Only Foxtel digi coming through in black & white again. Re-checked all connections and tried a new cable from Foxtel digi box to DVD

Unregistered guest
Need help. Just bought a Cyberhome DVR 1600. I have Time Warner Digital Cable. Is there a way to use the tuner on the DVR to program recordings? I am only able to record channel 3. I can not program the channels into the tuner. Only picking up channel 3.

Unregistered guest
Okay, I'm gonna try to explain how we set our DVD recorder up and so far so good....We have a Motorola (comcast) Digital converter. We connected the cables (A&B) to the converter box. We connected a small cable to the cable out (TV/VCR). We put a 2 way splitter on this small cable and ran 1 to the DVD Recorder (RF/Antenna Input) and one to the TV for Cable Input. We have a set of RCA Jacks going from the Converter box out to the Input on the DVD Recorder. We also have RCA Jacks from Output on the DVD Recorder to Input on the TV. I hope this works for those of you who were as frustrated as we where. Many thanks for all of the posts.

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how to hook this thing up. I have the vcr part working, but I can't get the dvd to work. I don't even know if I have it hooked up right. I wanted to burn my old vhs home video tapes to a dvd.
RCA DRC8295N DVD VCR COMBO RECORDER BURN VHS TO DVD
Thanks
DR

Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook up a Panasonic Dvd recorder with a comcast cable box and an older RCA tv. The tv ha A & B antenna settings, and I have to have the setting on B for the dvd to play which is fine. When I switch back to antenna a ...the digital cable box comes in....but the cable box is not changing the channels....the channel numbers are showing and changing on the box, but the channel is not changing on the TV. I am attaching a pic of the back of my TV. Can some one just tell me how to hook this up?
Thanks Joyce

Unregistered guest
I have an LG DR7400 and have setup okay for normal five antenna channels. Cannot get it to find other channels I am getting via Terrestrial
Digital Reciever made by Goodman
TWDFV2
It has scart output which I have connected to Euro 2 scart on LG DR7400 as instructions but no joy.
Only othe output is coaxial and that only picks up five channels

PeterSP
Unregistered guest
Worked it out
Doesnt scan channels on scart 2 but can be found by switching av and then will record from these channels. Dreadful green tinge to pictures and sync is off
Back to shop!

Anonymous

Hi Do the ULTRA and the REDPRO copyguard eliminator really work ....and do they work on all kinds of copyguards in the movie industry.....thanks BADBOY

Unregistered guest
Help! bought an Insignia DVD recorder and trying to hook up through a Directv satellite receiver so can record shows from satellite. Have tried many different ways of connecting. However, can't record anything. help needed
Tks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2100
Connect with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used.

Username: Ndavis

Layton, Utah USA

Having problems connecting my Samsung dvd recorder-vcr combo (dvd-vr320). Trying to hook it up to a directv hd dvr and a Sony grand vega hdtv- but I'm not able to get anything to record to my dvd recorder- from the dvr or when watching live tv. The dvd recorder is hooked up to the dvr by s-video monster cables. Is it a setting on my recorder I need to change or the way I have it connected to the dvr. My tv is connected to my dvr with a hdmi cable. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Username: Georgefg

Victor, NY

Nate, if your dvr is hooked up with the hdmi it might not output 480i to the composit output terminals of your dvr (which connect to the dvd recorder). Check the dvr manual. On my directv HiDef DVR I have to choose one or the other, not both.

cdrice71
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook up a panasonic dvd recorder to my dish network 301 box and tv...so i can record from tv...how can i do that correctly? right now it is hooked up but I can't seem to get the setup menu to show up on my tv.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2127
Connect the sat to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. Connect the recorder to the TV with, in order of preference, component, s-video, composite. Set the TV on whatever input you used.

Anonymous

i have a LG LRY 517 and sharp aquas lcd tv and a dish network hdtv
what is the best way to connect?is there is a code numbers for the LGto work w sharp remote.
thank u for your help

rogerz
Unregistered guest
I have a digital cable box. If I hook up a replay tv dvr to it.
1. the cable box must be on for it to work?
2. only the cable box's tuner is used not the replay's tuner?
3. can it record different shows other than I am watching at the same time?
Thanks
rz

RobertScott
Unregistered guest
I have a couple of different DVD recorders that I have tried and when recording + or - format give me the same results. I am recording from family VHS tapes. The recording seems fine, I am able to finalize the disk. When playing on other DVD players than where I created it I lose the audio when I skip forward or pause than restart at different times on the disk. If I play from start to finish the audio is fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2140
A lot of playback problems can be solved by using better quality media. Taiyo Yuden and Prodisc both make good discs. If you're using $100 DVD recorders, you get what you pay for.

rogerz
Unregistered guest
David, my post was a question.
Am I correct in my assumptions, or just hooking it up wrong?
Thanks
rz

Username: Ndavis

Layton, Utah USA

Thanks George for your help. It worked! All I had to do was change my dvr output to 480i and that did the trick. Thanks alot for your advise!!
Nate

Unregistered guest
HELP! HOW TO ...Trying to hook up a Sony DVD Recorder (RDR-GX315) to a Dish Network DVR 625. I want to be able to record the saved programs on my Sony DVR.

Unregistered guest
Let's do this over...
Trying to hook up a Sony DVD Recorder (RDR-GX315) to a Dish Network DVR 625. I want to be able to record the saved programs from my Dish Network DVR to my Sony DVD recorder.
Hope this clears this up.

LsSha
Unregistered guest
I have a cyberhome dvr 1600 dvd recorder. I am trying to hook it up to a Dell W2600 26" LCD tv. I have the RF cable (which came with the recorder) connected from the ANT/CABLE to the Antenna Out on my DVD recorder, then I have a S-video cable from the wall going to where it says Antenna IN. I also have the A/V cable connected to from composite video out and composite audio ot to the audio output of the dvd recorder. Please tell me what if anything I need to buy and how to get set up

Evee
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Universal DVD Connection Kit. It includes a 3' Coaxial cable and 3' Audio/Video cable. Will this help me to connect up my DVD recorder? I would like to know before I open the kit.

Unregistered guest
Frustrated...35"magnavox tv with a/v in and out and s-video...hooked up to sony vcr with a/v in and out and s-video..connected to dish dvr, everything works fine..want to hook up dvd player(JVC) with rca's out and s-video...tried every combination imaginable cant get it to work..need advice

Username: Oldzord

I just purchased a Toshiba DVD/VCR recorder model D-VR4. The hookup instructions are not very good. I need help connecting the DVD/VCR to my TV and Direct TV.

Anonymous

i have a jvc tv, a cable box and a rca dvd recorder vcr combo...i'm having trouble with recording while i'm not home. I can set the timer but it doesn't turn on. It might be something with a video input channel for the tv. I've tried many combinations of input channels...This is really the only problem i've come across so far, as it will record, if i'm home to press the appropriate buttons! any help is appreciated...

Russ UK
Unregistered guest
Hi hope someone has the answer... here's a useful site (didn't help me but pretty good, you tick boxes for what you've got then the web-site generates a connectivity picture) http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html
I've just bought a Philips DVD recorder & want to tune it to my Sony digital TV freeview channels. My problem is that all the info I can find relates to seperate set-top boxes but mine is integrated in the TV.

Can you get decoded channels out of the TV or just terrestrial?

AUDIOVOX
Unregistered guest
help - please cable gurus.

i have a scientific altlana 8300HD cable box and an Audiovox FPE3705 LCD TV and I CANT GET THE CABLE BOX TO CONTROL THE POWER OR THE VOLUME ON THE AUDIOVOX TV.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE AUDIOVOX PROGRAMMING CODE?

Unregistered guest
Help Please, I havew bought a Samsung DVD VR320 dvd/video combo, but the problem is, when I connect up all I get is audio with no picture. I have sky plus too, and have tried connecting just direct to tv but still with no look, Any ideas

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Help- I have a SONY RDR GX-300 and am connecting it to a TV through the Dish Network JVC 811 receiver. I think I have it connected correctly, however, the recorder does not seem to recognize the channel from dish network receiver. For example, when I sewt the timer in the sony as ask it to record a channel that I am not currently tuned to, it does not switch to the channel but records the channel I am tuned to.

Can someone help - inadvance, thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2311
Connect the sat to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. For timer recording select the input, line 1, line 2 etc. not a channel.

Unregistered guest
have got a philips dvd recorder and a sony integrated tv. cannot figure out how to record freeview channels. can anyone help? driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
David, thanks for the post. I can make to work but it akes two steps. First from the guide menu on Dish Network, I simply press a future event and it automatically set a timer - FOR THE DISH. THEN, I have to go to the recorder and set the TIMER to record the times I have set the DISH programs.

With the VCR, all I had to to was "FIRST" (above) and the VCR started automatically and recorded the program(S). Of course, I have to tell the Dish the 3-digit code of my VCR.

My TV has several inputs, I have the Sony RDR inputed to AV1. Is there a simpler setup? Is there a 3 digit code for the recoder?

Thanks,

Bob Grace
robert.grace@castleton.edu

Gold Member

Post Number: 2317
I doubt there are codes for DVD recorders. I just bought a new One For All remote and they still don't have DVD recorder codes. These companies need to get with it, DVD recorders have been around since 2000.

Unregistered guest
Dumb blonde here...I got a CyberHome DVR for Xmas and have been trying to hook up this with the JVC VCR with my Dish Receiver and my Sony 36 inch TV. Have daisy chained it like my son advised but I cannot get the DVR to record, but the VCR will record properly, but I can only view it thru using the source Video 1 on the DVR. I can only watch the TV (SAT) thru the DVR too using the source... Can you run me thru the CORRECT way to set this up so I can watch the TV without running everything thru the DVR or using a switch box?? if this is possible...and please use terms I can understand...BIG THANKS!!!

Anonymous

I have a protron 100 that I bought from QVC.No matter how I hook it up, I keep getting a screen that looks like it is "melting"..this is the only screen that I get when I am able to record. Does anybody have any helpful hints(other than trashing the unit).It will record a vcr tape on this screen but will have poor quality.

Anonymous

I need to display my Sansui VRDVD4005 through my computer's TV card (ATI USB 2.0 card). The vcr and tuner channels initially worked well but the dvd player would display a black screen (although I could still hear the sound). After about a month suddenly only the tuner works (sound works on vcr and dvd but no picture). I am not recording anything with any of the equipment so I shouldn't be violating any type of copy protection. I don't own a separate tv. All drivers on the computer are up to date and work with my separate dvd and vcr components that I am replacing with the Sansui. How do I get the vcr and dvd player to display? Thank you.

Anonymous2
Unregistered guest
Ok I just bought a Zenith DVD player and need someone to help me with getting it setup with my Direct TV Tivo box, The red, white and yellow cable were do I hook these up to get the box to funsction

Username: Andrea_j

I just bought a Sony VCR/DVD recorder. I need to hook it up to TV , but also have Dish satellite 301 and Tivo series 2. Can anyone help guide me through it? I'd really appreciate any assistance at all. Thanks!

Username: A2zzs353

Here's the situation:
I would like to record different shows on different channels while away from home. Right now, I can only record whatever channel my Dish network HD receiver is on & I have to leave it on or else there's no signal. Can I setup channels into the DVD recorder from my Dish receiver? Thanks!

Username: Ddss

Can anyone help??
I have a LG TV (L172WT) and a LG DVD recorder (DR7922W). I have connected them with the s-video cable and the normal red, yellow and white cable, but when I switch to TV/AV the screen appears as "no signal AV"...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2459
AARON, you should be able to set timers on the satellite to record whatever channel and time you want.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2460
Meg, are you sure you're connected to the out on the DVD and the in on the TV?

David, yeah it is connected to the out on the DVD and the in on the TV. It was working when I first connected it, but after playing a DVD (sucessfully) it has stopped working.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2462
Try connecting something else to the TV inputs if possible, a VCR if you have one. That should tell you if it's the TV or the DVD.

The DVD was faulty, so we took it back and got it exchanged. The new one works just fine now.

Username: Aaahchuu

How do I connect an ilo brand DVD recorder to a Sharp TV and DIRECTTV box? I can play a DVD but can't get to the setup screen to record. Thanks alot!

Username: Lens

BradfordEngland

may be these diagrams will be of some help to someone This is my set up from cable tv to three rooms if you copy these images in at a time and paste into word then you can resize so that you can read them
[link removed]

Username: Lens

BradfordEngland

[link removed]
with this set up I can record one channel and watch another in room 1 and ditto in rooms 2 and 3
so I could if required watch 3 channels and record 3 channels

Username: Glanzone

Chardon, OH United States

I have Dish Network and a Sylvania DVR90VF DVD/ Recorder/ VCR combo unit does anyone know where I can find codes for my DishNetwork box so I can program to record on DVD's? Thanks

Username: Lschum1028

Hi. I am trying to hook up my Sony Video/DVD recorder (RDR-VX515) and my dvd player (Emerson EWD7003) to my TV which only has a coax cable output. In search the internet, figured out that I needed to buy a RF modulator to hook everything up to allow recording from the dvd player and tv. Now that I have the RF modulator, I still cannot get anything to work. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thx.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2648
Connect the DVD to the modulator with RCAs and set the TV on channel 3 or 4.

Username: Kj450m

Hi, I have a dvd recorder with no sound, looking for someone with no picture, object: one system that works. I like moonlit walks, dancing in the rain and pulling my hair out while trying to set up my &*^*&^(&(&(_)^%% system! If someone has the knowledge, I would be willing to pay at least $20 to see a diagram showing the exact set up of the exact equipment I have. Has anyone thought of starting up this business, online or otherwise? Or does it already exist and I'm just not aware of it? Don't get me wrong, myself and I'm sure everyone else who asks for help here appreciates it, but after a while my brain hurts from trying to figure out exacly how to hook it up for optimum performance. It doesn't help when you don't know the terminology either. I know 'digital fiber optic cable' rolls tripingly off your tongue, but it sounds like STAR WARS to me, I don't have a clue! It seems that a database of all possible dvd recorders, tv's cable boxes, satellite systems etc. could be established, pictures taken, and correct hook ups tailored to the exact equipment you have shown online for a fee. I might go as high as $50, considering the amount of time I have put into this and gotten nowhere!

Username: Kj450m

Hi, I have a dvd recorder with no sound, looking for someone with no picture, object: one system that works. I like moonlit walks, dancing in the rain and pulling my hair out while trying to set up my &*^*&^(&(&(_)^%% system! If someone has the knowledge, I would be willing to pay at least $20 to see a diagram showing the exact set up of the exact equipment I have. Has anyone thought of starting up this business, online or otherwise? Or does it already exist and I'm just not aware of it? Don't get me wrong, myself and I'm sure everyone else who asks for help here appreciates it, but after a while my brain hurts from trying to figure out exacly how to hook it up for optimum performance. It doesn't help when you don't know the terminology either. I know 'digital fiber optic cable' rolls tripingly off your tongue, but it sounds like STAR WARS to me, I don't have a clue! It seems that a database of all possible dvd recorders, tv's cable boxes, satellite systems etc. could be established, pictures taken, and correct hook ups tailored to the exact equipment you have shown online for a fee. I might go as high as $50, considering the amount of time I have put into this and gotten nowhere!

Username: Dauphinharve

I have a panasonic TV CT32...series, a Panasonic VCR PV-VS4820, and a Cyberhome 300 DVD player all conected and working fine. I want to add a Lite-On LVW-5115 DVD recorder so as to be able to record from TV, copy from Cyberhome or from VCR. How do I add the Lite-On? Both the Lite-on and VCR have TV antenna in and out jacks.

Username: Ref

Have a cyberhome dvr recorder. Plays movies perfectly in color. When I try to record a program off cable the picture is black and white-- no color. All the other signals ( vcr and tv) all come through with perfect color. Only when I go through the DVR remote to the Source- Tuner do the signals remain black and white -- any help Thanks

Username: Gjr

need help with hookup of toshiba rd-xs35su dvdr to pansat 2500a satellite dish and AKAI plasma TV. Tried recommended hookup from Toshiba manual and cannot view satellite but can see Toshiba menu screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As of now I have been on hold for the Toshiba tech dept for 124 minutes!! How ridiculous is that!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3070
Connect the sat to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If you use s-video, you still need RCAs for audio.

Username: Ckaz

I am trying to connect a pioneer dvd recorder, a go video dvd/vhs, my directv box and my tv together. something is just not correct. can anyone give me a simple explanation of how they all hook together.
Thanks for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 80
You need to use yellow-video and white-left audio and red-right audio cables for the pioneer dvd recorder if you plan on recording VHS to DVD disc.

If you just want to hook them up only get yourself a Pioneer Multi-sound receiver. They cost only $199 ($149) come stores Best Buy an etc.. You can get the entire Home Theater for $199 in some places. This will let you hookup all your stuff to one unit and then use the TV as a monitor to view these devices.

This is the way I do it... :-)

Username: Bigmikey

i have a funai dvd video combi a pace sky digi box and a dual tv need help with connecting all this stuff up can anyone help

Username: Lilhelp

I have Comcast Digital cable with dvr, an rca vcr/dvd recorder combo and a Samung tv. After reading a prior post I was able to hook up the system by using the rca cables, connecting them to the audio/video output of the cable box to the combo audio/video input. I then ran cables from the combo audio/vidio output to the television av input.

Everything was perfect except no sound when watching and/or recording from the combo unit. If watching normal programing from the cable compoonent fine. If watching a movie from the combo unit fine. But no sound when watching tv or recording through the combo unit.

What am I missing?

Username: Knjw

Hi all . I have a Pioneer DVD Recorder a RCA TV and Direct TV Satellite . I want to know how to hook it up so that I can record from the TV . Any help would be GREATLY appreciated .

Thanks in advance .

knjw}

Username: Kmrpike

Coatesville, Pa Usa

I have a panasonic cinemavision hdtv, and a daewoo dvr, and a motorola comcast hdtv box. HELP...I can't seem to hook up the dvr and record without watching a fuzzy tv. I need help hooking up all of this! Thank you!!

Username: Sun_e

Hi;

Recently bought Venturer LCD Flat Screen. When attached to my Toshiba DVD/VCR (under 3 yrs. old
and was working before I bought new T.V.)
Problem DVD does not have sound or screen,although
it is running in the machine. Tapes work perfectly! Rarely used CD/DVD. Could they be imcompatiable? I cannot believe I have to chuck my
DVD/VCR! Help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3597
The DVD has to be connected with, in order of preference, the triple components, s-video, composite.

Username: Hsnkid

how do i hook up the following
i have a cable box & blu ray player and a dvd/vhs recorder hooked up all work ok
but how can i make connections for when i play a movie thru my blu ray player to be able to record with my dvd/vhs recorder on to a dvd

Username: Davisgilbert

I have a Panasonic DMR-E248V DVD/VCR recorder with built in HD tuner connected to my Sharp analog TV. Alas, the tuner gets very limited reception from my roof-top antenna. So I added a Zinwell ZAT-970 ATSC digital to analog tuner as well, which does get good reception off the same antenna. Now my question is, can I get the Panasonic to record in DVD from the stations being received by my Zinwell tuner?

Thanks to your members for their always useful help.

G.R.Davis

Username: Nroberso

Willoughby Hills, 245 United States

Hello,
I bought a Magnavox DVD Recorder ZC320MW8B/F7 for my dad for x-mas and I'm trying to
hook this up so he can record his favorite shows.
I have a Samsung flat screen LN32A550P3F and an AT&T u-verse
cable box. I've followed the instructions and nothing worked. I finally have it hooked up but no picture, I have sound, but no picture....HELP!!!!!!!! I've had this recorder since x-mas....All I want to do is have my day record his shows...thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 678
The manuals are at http://www.att.com/esupport/uverse-user-guides/

start with the one for the box you have

Username: Oliverclancy

will a coaxil output on blue ray player enable me to route output through a video player to a tv in another room , as i currently do for sat. output
oliver

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 705
coaxil output?
do you mean composite video with RCA connector?
or are you talking about F-connector?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us