Hooking up rca tv, vcr, dvd and stereo receiver

Username: Josie

Post Number: 2
I have a rca t.v with 2 audio out and 3 audio in and 1 video and samsung vcr with 3 line in 3 line out and cable in and cable out and toshiba dvd SD3980SU2 with video and beside 3 video out components and underneath s vdieo jack out and 2 audio out and a coaxial digital audio out. I had it hooked up and had to dismantle to change cabinets. I had used male/female connectors from my dvd originally as not enough male connections at back of t.v. Now i can't figure out how i connnected it. The vcr is hooked up alright and can see it, but nothing else. Cable is hooked up to vcr and t.v. Please advise by sending email to jolorili@yahoo.ca.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 673
You connect the video outs of the VCR and the DVD player to the TV's video ins.

You connect the audio outs of the VCR, DVD, and TV to the stereo receiver.

Post Number: 3
i can't do it as on my t.v i only have 2 audio in, 2 audio out and 1 video, the t.v is 17 years old.How about using splitter audio cabes and hooking t.v to vcr in . My vcr has under line in y, r, w and under line out y. r, w and the DVD has on one row, video out jack and then component video out jacks y, pa/pr and underneath that row is s video out jack and l/r analog audio out jacks and then coaxial digital audio out. All need to be hooked up to a non digital 17 year old t.v with only the r/w audio out and r/w audio in and 1 video jack.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 674
Go to Radio Shack and buy http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3932514

Post Number: 4
Someone at a hi-fi shop once mentioned using a Y cable and hook the audio of the t.v, vcr , dvd togther and vcr in jacks to dvd out jacks, but can't remember how to hook what into what jack.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us