Promax P4280 Plasma info needed-no remote to reset

Username: Martin4040

Post Number: 1
Was given this in part payment.Was fitted on a wall and working perfect,they had lost remote so was using buttons on side.Story is that someone was pressing these and it went off.I cant seem to find any info on internet to get a user manual.I understand it is Samsung technology but looks like was made for discount outlets.When you put the iec lead in there is a blue led comes on.Press the on button on the side and it clicks and comes on with grey screen.no further commands from buttons do anything.Any ideas ?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2454
Any way to contact the manuf?

If not, unplug overnite and try again?

Last resort? Will the set work thru a Logitech style remote. Programme the remote on your confuser to run the device.

IF Samsung is the builder, get some Samsung docs of a similar set and see what it takes to do a hard reset.

Username: Martin4040

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the comments.
I have looked everywhere but cant find the manufacturer.
There are a couple of UK TV traders selling this model,and I have emailed them asking for info,but no reply.I guess because did not buy from them,they are not too interested.
I have been trying unplugging and doing again for a few days with no response.
There are a number of popular universal remotes-here in UK One for All and Maxview are 2 of the biggest.
I checked with them and they are asking me to email them a photo from the manual-which of course I dont have.
I did not try Logitech-I will do that today.
Checking a hard reset from a Samsung set is a good idea.
Many thanks again for these suggestions.
I will update once I find the answers,since I have seen the same problem as mine posted many times on different forums with no success.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us