Help with dish reciever 311 subscription

Bronze Member
Username: Sandyr

Post Number: 65
hi all,

I have been subbing to dish. I have one 33 inch with dual lnb getting 118/119 sat and a 18 inch getting 110 sat. both connected to sw21 switch and then to a 311 dish reciever.

I have the welcome pkg and internationals subbed. I get the internationals fine. but I am not getting the channels which fall into the 119 sat.

The 33 inch dish is professionally installed so cannot be signal problem. BTW I was getting all the available channles in 118 and 119 with SV 1000 reciever at the time of FTA rule.

can anyone please tell me if anything is wrong here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
well i browsed through the forums and found out that i need to add an lnb to the existing 18 inch dish getting me 119.

I would attach the 119 lnb to the 110 then connect both the outputs with a diseqc switch and then run a single out to the sw21 . right?

can some one point me if anything is wrong here?
thanks

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21140
If you are getting 118, you should get 119 as well.
You need to scan 119 separately using LNB frequency of 11250.
The connection of the LNB to your receiver should be via DiseqC switch, either two cables to two input ports or to one port from one output of the 118.119. Most generic 118/119 LNBs need only one port of a switch for both the sats.
The 110 should be connected to another port of DisEqc. In the setup you have a SW21 might work, but a DisEqC is only $5-7 each. The LNB for 110 should preferrably be a standard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
thanks for replying nydas.
The reciever i have is a dish 311 reciever. are you sure i should be getting 119?
I bought sw21 switch because i could not get anything using a diseq switch which i was using for a fta reciever. i was getting everything fine with a fta reciever so there msut be nothing wrong with the dish positining i guess.

Silver Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 277
sandy...nydaz has not got any idea what she is talking about. She has NO idea what a 311 box is

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21143
Sandy: It is probably a matter of LNB and receiver mismatch.
If you can borrow a DP44 you can try that. However, i believe the setup with DiseQc should work. It might just be a matter of seting up the LNBs properly.
It is a bit late now, but post your settings of the LNB and the LNB types..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
@Nydas -

I have a 33 inch dish with a dual lnb like CB2008A [single output one and it is held by the dish arm by the neck of the lnb] to get 118/119. I also have a 18 inch dish running a regular lnb [don't know exactly what it is but it has only one output] to get 110.
both the wires run to a sw21 switch and then to my dish network 311 reciever.

The reciever scans the 118 and 110 but does not scan the 119 channels. WHY?

It used to work for my SV1000 perfectly.

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 653
Sandy
Set the LNB frequency of 119, to be same as that of 118. It most probably is either 10600 or 10750, check the signal and quality of individual transponders on 119.

See if you can do a transponder scan on 12297 or 12326

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 278
subashi know how to use a remote though!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21144
The usual settings for CB2008A are:

For 118W
Two separate scans.

LNB freq 10750 or 10600 and LNB type standard
You may use 9750 and LNB type Universal; however, this is not available for 311.
Scan TP 11715

For 119
LNB freq 11250 or 107500 and LNB type standard
Scan TP 12224 or 12239

Basically, you have everything you need except perhaps the proper switch.

Bronze Member
Username: Gotin2it

Post Number: 23
Irrelavent with echostar receivers ,ya numb nut!

READ BEFORE YOU POST!

YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ECHOSTAR RECEIVERS NYDAS!

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 279
Brace yourself nydaz!!!!!! There is something SPECIAL in store for you today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
A straight jacket and a ambulance ?

Bronze Member
Username: Moutsouna

Post Number: 19
just another day like yesterday and
another good old fashion S kicking

Sandy, I was told by Dish Network for you to try this
Step by Step

Step 1: Perform Check Switch Test

Enter the "Installation Summary" screen from Point Dish by selecting "Check Switch". Select "Test" from the Installation Summary screen.

Step 2: Confirm Ready to Download (Warning 055)

Select "Yes" on the 055 message.

After the download you will see a series of pop-up messages. It will take approximately 15 minutes after the download for the receiver to activate. Once video is present, you will need to follow the pack out material to set up TV2.

Step 3: Download software (Warning 061)

Allow the receiver to complete the download process and progress automatically to the next step.

If the message remains on screen for longer than 5 minutes, hard reset the receiver.

Step 4: Verify Switch Matrix Correct

If you have not done so, perform step 2. Access "Point Dish" select "Check Switch".

Step 5: Verify TV1/TV2 remote functionality

Access System Info from TV1 and press record on the TV1 and TV2 remotes.

Step 6: Verify TV1 Programming

Select VIEW TV from the TV1 remote and verify that you are receiving programming.

Step 7: Verify HD

Access "HDTV Setup". Choose the best resolution supported by the TV and verify that you are connected with HDMI or Component cables.

Step 8: Verifty TV 2 functionality

Verify programming on TV2 and that the remote functions properly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
so what switch do you suggest using Nydas.? The diseq does not work thats why i got the sw21.

And there is no way to scan the tp's in a dish reciever.

@herelam and Diego - it would be nice if you gave me info rather than flaming at nydas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Dp34

Nydas is the expert on Dp 34 switches. Search the archives on Nalin and her dp34 info. You'll have a good laugh!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/326375.html

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2348
Dear Sandy, I apologize for Nalin's ignorance. If you visited this site more often you would see that she is mentally challenged and somewhat of a pest. herelam is giving you excellent if you would just listen.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 280

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 654
It is obvious both herelam and Diego Garcia are both idiots, anyone can see through that both of them have

Zero IQ

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21147
Sandy syas:
"I have one 33 inch with dual lnb getting 118/119 sat "
"I get the internationals fine. but I am not getting the channels which fall into the 119 sat. "
"I have a 33 inch dish with a dual lnb like CB2008A"
Sandy: Internationals are all on 118W
Forget about switches and 110W. Take a lead directly to your receiver. Make sure you are getting 118 international channels.
With a 33" dish and a CB2008 LNB you must get both 118 and 119 sat.
You might need to do two separate scans. I have already posted the scans for the two sats.
Once you are getting the 118 and 119 channels, you can do a separate connection (without the 118/119) to see if you are getting 110 signals and channels from your 18" Dish.
You have now confirmed the availability of the channels. The only remaining problem is getting the switch to get all three.
That should be done after you have got the three sats coming in individually.

For the information of zulu, hereIam and Diego Garcia, sandy has been around long enough to know idiots like you.

If you are getting the 118 channels, you must get the 119 channels from the same dish and LNB and from the same angle. The only thing needed is the proper setup of LNB type and frequency, and a proper scan.
Anybody who disagrees with that statement does not know the satellites and dish setup as it exists today

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21149
Diego Garcia got the URL wrong...Click here

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2349
I beg your pardon! I AM a senior member here!! Nydaz...do not take this offensively but everybody hates your guts. Please abstain from posting here and let the pros take care of the questions.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 282

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21151
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/326680.html

A specimen from above link. Posted by
Jorge Manual Bronze Member
Username: Latin_guy

"Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 07:31 pm:
I am new here but have been personally attacked by LK, Kavin Reno, Sat Scanner and Zulu. The attacks were unprovoked. In my reading, these people had a problem with some other people and they reported it to the Admin's here. I found the place to do that if anybody else would like to launch a complaint about these memebers."
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/22.html

Silver Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 227
In the first place let me make one thing clear.
You are wasting your time, these Muslims that come
here to get advice from one of their kind,

hey they don't even read yours
posts, so why bother to help them?

Check this thread and you will see what I'm talking
about.

hereIam and Naxian gave her the right info.
which she ignore so I say let nydas help them.

nydas is saying.......you are getting the 118 channels, you must get the 119 channels from the same dish and LNB and from the same angle.

and I'm saying if the channels in 119 are not included in your package you will not get them.

who ever heard scanning a Sub DirecTV or Dish Network receiver

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21154
Sandy:
JOHNNY BOY has a point there. You have to have the subscription to the 119 channels if you are using receiver 311. I presumed that since you have subscribed to 118 internationals you must have subscribed to the 119 channels.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 283
Post Number: 2088

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 09:07 pm:
Nalin - Let's not even go there! You're the one telling people to turn their dish to the right 22 degres to find a sat that is left and don't make me go pull all your bogus posts because there are many. FACT is DP34 does not need a separete power source it is only the Dish Pro Plus Equipment that works on a different voltage. You may want to learn a little and do more testing before advising someone based on what you DON'T know. Not to mention you're saying that they need a super dish for two sats when all they need is a Dish 500....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
EVERYBODY-
}I DO HAVE A SUB TO THE WELCOME PKG AND INTERNATIONALS - SO obviously i should be getting the channels in the Welcome pkg which fall in the 119 SAT. I aleady checked the channels in the Welcome pkg and they are all in the 119.

If I have to change the dual lnb [cb2008a] here, what should I buy? If I change the switch, what should it be?

Bronze Member
Username: Blue_monday

Post Number: 88
Aren't you the Sandy that was here couple years ago
kept asking all these questions?
anyway, did you read or try this post?
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1952679#POST1952679

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1360
Sandy,
You CAN NOT get 118 and 119 both on your dik rec with cb2008a...........cb2008a made only for non dik recrs. You can only get 118 with cb2008a with dik rec. In order to get both (118 and 119) you must use dp lnbs. In this case ur SW switch won't work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us