Samsung HLP5085

Bronze Member
Username: Esj

Post Number: 17
have vertical thin black line issues,was abe to watch for long periods up until a few days ago,now the picture goes out after about 5-10 minutes,based on the photos anyone have ideas onthe problem,thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
can not add image,why its not uploading have no clue

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
if there is a tech out there perhaps i canemail you a couple of photos of the line issues as i can't upload photos here,pressing upload but nothing is happening

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2839
Upload files must be fairly small.
Resize to requirements.....something like 600x400 is max.
Read thru the helps for exact values.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Upload if possible can a technician explain the problem here

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2840
I'm no expert:
It looks, however like 1 of 2 things.
Either: the DLP chip itself is defective....not very likely...
or
The circuitry driving the chip has a problem.

I don't think a color wheel or lamp problem could produce such an effect.

DLP is a Pain in the XXX. Since this is an older set without even an HDMI input, I'd simply junk it out and get something newer with such inputs and full 1080 resolution.
It won't 'stay' fixed, either. The color wheel is prone to failure and the part has been thru many revisions to try to help. Lamp wiring is another problem. I'm less than clear on this, but many people replace ballast boards as a result of hi-resistance connections frying the board......
Cooling fans of which there are 3 or 4 may also clog with lint and the set'll cook.
You should be able to replace the set for 700$ in the same size plasma.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
these actually have 1 hdmi and 1 DVI input,had someone come over o look a and he says its 175.00 fix but not sure i will fix because its also very due for a lamp wich s the original at 8 years old ! so already its costing to cost me 325.00 may be going for a led soon

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2842
Yes, at some point it is good to cut your losses and simply junk out a money sink set.

However, if you do some reading about TVs...the current 'thin' stuff, you'll find numerous threads complaining about ALL of the LCD/LED stuff. Sony even had a few catch on FIRE. They are dodging the issue.
Just my opinion, but the most reliable sets are some of the Plasma sets. My Panasonic is great. Good black levels and mostly bright enough.

Even my lower end Panasonic has 3 HDMI inputs, 2 USB inputs, the ability to connect to my network (option) but has sacrificed some of the 'legacy' connections.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
actually i plan on buying a pan TC-L55ET5 Led or maybe a samsung 6500 but it looks like pana has better service quality unless you draw the short straw
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us