42" Sony Wega turns off and back on

Username: Tvrepair716

Post Number: 1
I got this tv from a buddy and when I have it on it turns off blinks green for 20 seconds comes back on for 45 seconds to a minute and repeats. I would like to use it and get it fixed but I don't know what it would need. Model KDF-42WE655 from february of 05.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1946
Lamp issue? or perhaps the ballast?

NO color wheel, but the Sony 3LCD RPTVs had a set of issues all to themselves.

I don't know how much $$ you spent on this set, but set a maximum repair cost than take it to a pro. IF it exceeds the number you can afford, simply sell it for parts.....

If you decide to get it fixed, keep in mind the horrible reputation these sets ended up with. Just Google 'sony LCD problems' and you'll find thousands of posts. Most issues involve the color / light engine and the LCD panels 'aging'.
A class action suit was settled in the plaintiffs favor.

Username: Tvrepair716

Post Number: 2
Buddy garbage picked it. It didnt turn on so it was given to me because he was going to throw it out. I replaced the fuse and it turned on. $3 went in to it sofar for the fuse. Other then the turning off and coming back on it seems like its pretty good. Ill post a video of the tv on youtube. Oh and the screen is dim and can be seen with low light.

Bronze Member
Username: Sonylistens

Post Number: 12
Hello,
My name is Mike from sony electronics the sonylistens team. If you are having any problems with a sony TV, computer, or other electronic please contact us at sonylistens@am.sony.com so that we can assist you. Include your name, product model, serial #, (forum) in the subject area, and a way for us to contact you.
Thanks,
Mike Puma
Sonylistens
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help