Username: Chevrolet

Post Number: 24
PlymouthPlatinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15117
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2010 - 10:01 am:

Yugene
Open the remote then clean the pad and the board surface with light soap, rinse well with water then dry both part with a dryer, asemble it and try!

yugene AlbertBronze Member
Username: Mati

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2010 - 08:16 pm:

Plymouth
The remote has burned.
Thank you for your help.

Can you enable f1 button through the menu?

Captain HookSilver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 332
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 09:09 am:
yugene Albert........ Can you enable f1 button through the menu?

To enable patch without remote use front panel controls.
Put box in standby mode then press OK Button

Then VOL+ Button
Then VOL- Button

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15165
Mr Cavalier

My comment about how repair the remote is good and actual, you are not happy with it, it's your problem!

So the answer of Hook is very good also but Yugene do not replied to tell us if it worked or not!

Useless thread to bash the helpers like usual!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Useless thread to bash the helpers like usual!

Learn to read
only a C/P of your post I did not say one word
you told Yugene

}Open the remote then clean the pad and the board surface with light soap, rinse well with water

never heard such thing, wash your Remote

Yugene said that his Remote burned up and thank you
I didn't post to bash, only to warn others not too wash their Remote.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15171
I repaired many remotes like this!

Keep it in your pocket!

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4878
C/P
Doing a quick surface cleaning of a remote control is easy and does not take any time or special equipment.

First of all read the operating and maintenance instructions of the equipment and see if anything is said about cleaning the remote. If so, follow those instruction and only use what is below if it does not contradict what the manufacturer has to say.

Then proceed to remove the batteries from the unit.

Use a cotton swab dipped in clean rubbing alcohol to clean the areas around the buttons on the unit. If there is dirt caked or stuck in the small gap around a button, use a toothpick to extract the dirt. Be careful not to let the tip of the toothpick break off and fall in the remote. That will mean a visit to the repair shop to get the remote opened up. Repeat the cleaning with the alcohol dipped cotton swab until the areas around the buttons is completely clean.

Spray a soft lint free cloth with the rubbing alcohol or any house cleaner that is safe for use on plastic, and wipe the buttons and the rest of the remote's surface. Use the same method to clean the dust from the battery compartment. If there are some crevices or areas behind the springs you can't reach, use the swab and cleaner here too.

That's it. Depending on how your remotes are used, cleaning them about once a month is a good idea. Why not time it with the visits of your domestic cleaning agency so you can keep track of when it should be done?

Bronze Member
Username: Post_man

Post Number: 78
Just curious
I have a Captive Works Remote
there are no screws behind the Remote
so how do you open it without damage?

Bronze Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 70
Plym, a little bit of calamine lotion should do the trick. Spread liberally on butt and you should be good to go.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19908
Plymouth: Log in is a member of the Gaay bunch, and is talking from experience.

Log in: Plymouth was talking about receiver remote, not about your constantly used remote end. When I was working, I saw a lot of jail birds with a similar life style as yours, and they used to get free distribution of Preparation H - just a tip for you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19909
Doreen: The last time I cleaned something electronic, it was inside my computer. The CPU fan had two years of dirt collected. I did try the"alcohol swab" method of yours, but had to resort to taking it out and running tap water over it at full force to clean it up thoroughly.
The fan still works!
You might like to use this piece of information in the computer section of the forum.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15172
Doreen

I talk about inside pad, if you use alcohol or something like this you will erase the carbon coating of the pad then you are good to put the remote in the trash can!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15173
Omar

Remove the battery then use a screwdriver that you insert between the cover then twist the remote to unlock the cover.

Sometime you need to soldered the lead of battery then check also the crystal to see if one of pin is broked.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19910
Omar Sharif: I looked at the CW 800s remote. Open the battery compartment, and remove the batteries. There is screw underneath

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4880
http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/strategies/how-to-clean-a-remote-control/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
C/P from Doreen's above Link
not a bash, just facts from people that know.

3. Clean the circuit board
The key to cleaning the circuit board is to use the right cleaning solution. You absolutely do not want to use water unless you really want an excuse to purchase a new remote control. Instead, use either rubbing alcohol or a commercial contact cleaner, which you can find at most electronics stores.

Either spray the contact cleaner on the circuit board or use a cotton swab to gently wipe off any gunk with the rubbing alcohol. Be sure your swab is intact and that no fuzz ends up on the circuit board.

You shouldn't need to dry the circuit board since the cleaning solution should evaporate on its own.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19911
Chevrolet: Is that from the Bible?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Open the remote then clean the pad and the board surface with light soap, rinse well with water

Plymouth
The remote has burned.
Thank you for your help.

. You absolutely do not want to use water unless you really want an excuse to purchase a new remote control

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4881
ok reading the members responce to the link I posted , I noticed this at the end of the web page ( read below)

Bad Advice

Wow. The principal article is almost entirely bad advice. The underside of the "keys" on the rubber keypad and the trace wires on the circuit board are coated with conductive paint. When the button is pressed the underside of the button shorts out the traces under it, activating the switch and changing the channel, etc. Scrubbing will remove the conductive paint.

Dan Jones has it right. Soak the circuit board for a few minutes in warm water with a little detergent in it. Very gently and briefly rub the top of the board with your thumb or a soft cloth to clean the contact traces. You can do the same with the keypad. You can use a toothbrush on the TOP side of the keypad only. Rinse and dry thoroughly before reassembling.

QUESTION ... If you drop your remote in the sink of bath tub full of water, does it ruin your remote?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19912
Doreen read the Bible properly at last!
You see, these days even the Bible has fine print.

Chevrolet: Go back to the Bible study class and don't come here till your Sunday School teacher says you are OK.
And PLEASE, do not try any hanky panky with your Sunday School teacher.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19913
Thanks Mr. Plymouth

(SO SAYS THE TITLE)

FOR YOUR GOOD ADVICE.

YOU ARE EXONERATED

Q.E.D.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15189
Doreen

Thanks for the truth of your post!

"QUESTION ... If you drop your remote in the sink of bath tub full of water, does it ruin your remote?"

No! If you use a dryer or you wait 1 day to be sure that the remote is dry before you insert your batteries!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15190
Why the remote work after you cleaned it with light soap?

Simply because the surface contact is not completly conductor, the contact can be over 100 ohms, considering that the pad and the surface board can give a 200 result (not too much conductive), the result of dust or Pepsi short the surface board then the remote converter can't reconize the touch that you pressed!

Another thing, many new remote use new Sillicone pad like the new oven glove, sometime it produce a oil, mixed with pad conductive coating bring keys not to work due to shorting!

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2204
Nice pic

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15191
Thread: Thanks Mr. Plymouth

You are Welcome!

Bronze Member
Username: Old_howard

Post Number: 34
Your info is BS Playmouth

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15192
Banning time?

Bronze Member
Username: Casual_the_voice

Post Number: 50
Plymouth>>>>>says>>Why the remote work after you cleaned it with light soap?

But, yugene Albert>>>>says
Plymouth
The remote has burned.
Thank you for your help.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4884
all I can tell ya is, after my grandson dropped my remote in the bathtub, I had to get a new remote from Bell for my Bell receiver. It didn't turn on or anything after getting wet.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4885
Nalin.... next time you need to clean any dirt or dust out of your computer, use compressed air. I use "Dust off"

http://www.falconsafety.com/dustOff/Default.aspx

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15194
Conus

Without batteries no problem!

I presumed you are enough intelligent to understand it!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19915
Doreen:
I want you to understand certain things very carefully.
I AM an expert computer person, and have actually built or supervised the building of over 500 computers in my life. At the same time I know and realize the limitations of a semi-novice, because I have had the occasion to help or supervise the helping of over 2000 people.
Plymouth has also had extensive expereince with computer and electronic related equipment.

In the case of my clogged up CPU fan, any simple analysis will tell you that a novice or an expert has to open the chasis to see the problem. Having done that (whether a novice or expert) he HAS to detach it from the CPU, unplug it from the motherboard and take it out to clean. To use compressed air without doing this would put a lot of dirt on the motherboard itself. If this person (novice or expert) has removed the fan off the CPU and has taken taken outside of the chasis, then the least expensive and the most senible method is to run it under the force of tap water, and get a perfectly clean fan.

I took a trip from St. Catherines to Tiger direct (my favourite computer store), looked at the prices of all the toys that had and finally decided on buying just the thermal glue, came home did the cleaning and reattached the fan. My own knowledge being somewhat rusty, I took the advice of and confirmed that washing under the water was the least expensive way, and that I WOULD HAVE TO buy the thermal glue for remounting the CPU fan.

I go about with a vast storehouse of knowledge, take the advice of the people currently doing the job and act accordingly. When I am satisfied about a small sub-item of all these, then I also take the resposibility of advising others in that particulae matter. I am pretty certain Plymouth has a similar approach.

I do not go about looking up some unknown source for information and advise people and criticize experts. I suggest you take a more rational approach to advising others. If you have to rely on other sources, you may occasionally rely on some well recognised sources of good information.

Q.E.D.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15196
Nydas is right about the heat sink cleaning!

Silver Member
Username: Rtf

Post Number: 193
Nydas you spent your life in jail. It was all just a dream, you didn't build a thing and you didn't help anyone.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2602
nalin u r so full of sheit u told me way back in the days u were a retired doctor and now u say u a computer expert wow rlmfao.ok guys keep swallowing this guys crap hahah.expert in burning every1 old recieve u an expert on that.lol

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2205
SUP RTAP?

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2604
whats up bro how u been i see u still here.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4893
i thought Nalin worked in the prison as a social worker or something like that.

Bronze Member
Username: Old_howard

Post Number: 43
Playmouth Said:

"I presumed you are enough intelligent to understand it!"

Bronze Member
Username: Mati

Post Number: 81
my captiveWorks Cw-700S
Usb do not work, PLEASE ADVICE

BEST REGARDS,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19931
I have moved your question to the appropriate thread.
Click Here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us