My cable company says it can't be done...I don't believe it!!!!

Username: Oldlyme5

Post Number: 1
Hi all-
I recently changed my digital cable box to one with dvr (it's a scientific atlanta 8000HD) and I am trying to hook up my dvd recorder. I want to be able to record programs that I have saved on the dvr and put them on a dvd. This seems pretty basic to me but my cable company (Adelphia) says that it cannot be done. Does anyone know how to do this?
I would greatly appreciate any help that you could give me.
Thanks.

JET
Unregistered guest
You cannot make a (portable) dvd copy from a digital cable box. The studios will never allow that. With HDMI hookups, some kind of fee might make it possible in the future

Now note with for example Comcast cable - they do have a new Motorola DVR box (for hard drive copies) that will make even pristine hi def copies for time shifting to other times. Since there is no upside limit on the eventual size of these hard drives - this could be great for viewers but still keep the studios happy

Also Sony will soon have a box to do the same for over-the-air signals, hi def to hid def digital recording

What you call "basic", - to the studios is in fact a HUGE DEAL. They will never allow (non-hard drive)portable dvd copies of their movies w/o a toll

Only possible way around this, assuming one was making hi def video copies of movies, might be using a D-VHS machine , but I doubt that is even possible off a cable box

The studios believe that one free digital copy in circulation - means a 1000 - which technically is correct for dvd's because there is no video dropoff from repeat copying

Unregistered guest
I have a DVD recorder hooked up to my scientific atlanta DVR, and it works fine. Except for HBO, and other "digital" broadcasted stations that is. But that may be just my DVD recorder which evidently has a handy little chip in it to prevent you from copying these higher-quality stations. Why? Good old greed I suppose. My Toshiba DVD recorder (which I do not recommend, but hear good things about Panasonics) says ALERT! on it whenever I attempt to burn a DVD of say, Bill Mahrer from HBO. Good thing, because I might sell it on ebay (kidding of course!). This is crazy because if someone wanted to purchase a movie, they can already do this....
Anyway, for all the rest of the stations, I just feed an SVHS cable and audio cable to the DVD recorder and I record most stations perfectly. Recommendation: be very, very selective which DVD record you purchase (read user reviews first).

Username: Raylew52

Baltimore, MD

Post Number: 5
Hey David, could you reccomend which DVD recorder you have or ones you have heard are good. I need one to mainly copy shows saved on my Adelphia DVR (Scientific Atlanta 800HD). Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 48
I don't own a DVD recorder...we'll I do on my computer. But, can't you just plug Svideo or composite video into the DVD recorder, push play on your DVR, and then push record on your DVD recorder? Or does it only record analog cable directly through the cable?

Bronze Member
Username: Berta

Post Number: 18
So let me see I have this correctly.....if I get Comcast's DVR box, I can't create DVD's of shows that I have saved to the DVR's hard drive?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"I don't own a DVD recorder...we'll I do on my computer. But, can't you just plug Svideo or composite video into the DVD recorder, push play on your DVR, and then push record on your DVD recorder? "

Actually Brian yes you can do exactly that using an S-Video or composite connection.

"Or does it only record analog cable directly through the cable?"

Not only but also Brian.

"So let me see I have this correctly.....if I get Comcast's DVR box, I can't create DVD's of shows that I have saved to the DVR's hard drive?"

You can record from your Comcast DVR toyour DVD recorder Roberta as long as you are using an analog connection such as mentioned above (S-Video or composite). Any digital recordings must be made using firewire to a device such as an DVHS video tape recorder.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Berta

Post Number: 23
xvxvxvx -

Thanks for the help. By using the S-video or composite link, I would be making an analog recording from a digital broadcast. Correct? Otherwise, I assume that I could use a firewire to my Apple and then burn the DVD.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Nearly correct, I do not think you will be able to send a digital signal via firewire to an HDCP non-compliant device such as a PC without using some type of pirating software.

xvxvxvx

Username: Ccrnnj

I just had a Comcast Motorola DVR hooked up to my Tobshiba TV. I would like to hook up my DVD/VHS combo and the surround stero. Is this possible?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Yes Karen,

You need an S-Video cable hooked from the S-Video output of your Motorola STB to the S-Video input of your DVD/VCR.

xvxvxvx

MATTSCUM
Unregistered guest
My dilemma is that I want to record HBO from my Dish satellite DVR to DVD. I don't have a DVD recorder, yet, but am now shopping for one that will do that recording the best. So, my questions are (1) Will HBO's "copy once" technology allow me to make standard--not DVD RAM--DVDs going from satellite DVR to a DVD Recorder? (2) What recorder(s) are recommended? Any thoughts about the SONY RDR GX300?

gosefroba
Unregistered guest
Can I record Tv from my Tv and tansfer them using a s-video cable???????? because i might buy a pvp.

Username: Murraymcleod

Post Number: 7
Since Comcast can't seem to provide me with a Motorola 6412 HD DVR (they say that even though my cable network is ready, the DVR's aren't available), what's to prevent me from buying one on eBay and hooking it up in place of my current HD cable box? Would the cable company know the difference??

fx
Unregistered guest
"what's to prevent me from buying one on eBay(?)"

Nothing at all........

"and hooking it up in place of my current HD cable box?

Still nothing stopping you......

" Would the cable company know the difference?? "

Most likely they would not.....

Unfortunately you never asked the only truly relevant question which is: Would the 6412 DVR work properly after I hooked it up to my cable system? Now then you would have gotten some useful information.

xvxvxvx

Anonymous

I have a Panasonic Showstopper hard disk recorder, a Panasonic DVD Video Recorder and both Direct TV and a cable connection. The DVD video recorder does not accept direct tv programming, only cable. How can I connect everything to my home theater setup and be able to access both satelite and cable?

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC combination DVD player/VCR, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD (digital HD cable box and DVR) provided by Time Warner Cable and a Mitsubishi DLP HDTV. I have the DVR/cable box connected to my TV, but would now like to connect my DVD/VCR so that I can record from my DVR to my VCR (as prompted by the cable box) and watch VHS tapes and DVDs.

Can anyone tell me the best way to hook up my DVD player/VCR?

Unregistered guest
I have a liteon dualformat dvd recorder with 160 gig harddrive record any digital movies to my harddrive if I want to keep, copy to dvd no problems with directv also can use recorder like dvr pause replay etc.If you are having trouble with cable my suggestion swich to satelite.

Unregistered guest
is it possible to get digital cable with my pc? I have the digital service and a digital converter which is hooked up to my tv. but on my pc, i can only get the standard cable (2-99). Do i need a special software or anything ???

Bronze Member
Username: Ucladtv

Cerritos, California Usa

Post Number: 13
Well, I have a dish sat setup, with a tivo and a sony dvd recorder. I can record anything, HBO, PPV, SHO, I dont care what it is. I have recorded
PPV movies for over a year and have had 0 problems. Maybe you guys should get away from that crap cable company. And none are worse then comcast.

Username: Highdef

Post Number: 6
Man pgent your the luckiest person on earth.. I have my directv connected to my sony rdr-gx315 and can't record more than 12 seconds of HBO PPV OR SHO. It gives me a copyright error, something like "You cannot copy copyright movies" and stops the recording process. I'm thinking of purchasing red pro to see if this helps, if not I'm giving up I guess and I'll just copy DVD to DVD.

fx
Unregistered guest
Mike if is that important to you (and if it is copy protection causing your problem) you won't be able to copy dircctly to a DVD either. You could always purchase a Panasonic DVD recorder, they currently improperly ignore the 5C copy flag.

xvxvxvx

Username: Vinniej

Help my TV have a DVI input the DVRHD box is HDMI I have audio but no picture have anyone ever experience this problem with the (Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR) or dose anyone have a fix's for this, Please let me know.
Thank You
Vinnie

Unregistered guest
I was hooking up a friends dvd player to the input on the Scientific atlanta explorer 8300,the front of the box,was currious what channel i am suppost to put on for the input to play on the television?

Username: Elvis_lives

MEMPHIS, TENNESSE USA

TRYING TO FIND OUT WHICH DVR I CAN BUY THAT WILL WORK WITH MY FREE SATELLITE SERVICE

Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook up my hdtv, hd dvr, dvd player, and vhs. Please help!!

fx
Unregistered guest
Jennifer,

That will not work, those inputs are disabled. You need to hook up the DVD player directly to your TV.

xvxvxvx

seehuts
Unregistered guest
How do you connect a DVR box(from cable company)and a playstation 2 to tv?

fx
Unregistered guest
"How do you connect a DVR box(from cable company)and a playstation 2 to tv?"

Seperately........

xvxvxvx

Username: Pepo5612

Mr. FX,

Seems that you are quite knowledgeable about DVR's, wanted to ask your personal opinion on the following unit: Panasonic DVD recorder with built in 100 GB hard drive, model DMREH50S? I currently have a 54" Toshiba HDTV, digital cable box and would be curious to know whether this machine is good for recording from cable box, HBO, PPV, creating DVD-RW's.
Your input would be appreciated.

fx
Unregistered guest
Juan,

It is as good as any and better than most sine the LP encoding has been mush improved from the prior models. Just keep in mind that:

1. The manual is a difficult read
2. The manual has all the information you need
3. This as all others only records an analog signal.
4. Use high quality blank DVD's (Taio Yuden=best)

I might mention one thing, some HBO, Showtime and most PPV movies are now being copy restricted with the 5C flag copy protection system. These flags will not stop you from recording to your PVR but may limit your ability to record to a DVD. The older Panny's E-95 and older incorrectly ignore the 5C copy flag protection so these should always work, I do not know for sure about the E50.

xvxvxvx

Username: Pepo5612

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your input fx..

seehuts
Unregistered guest
thanks for the worthless reply fx

Anonymous

FX,
I have a new Motorola "silver" HD box. If I buy a Motorola 6412 DVR off Ebay and hook it up, will I get my current programming from Comcast (Atlanta)? If not will they let me use it if I register it? lastly, is the programming "over the wire", or in the box? If it's in the box can it be programmed to work? thanks.

fx
Unregistered guest
Seehuts, ask a stupid question and what will you get? Think about it you moron.

ANON,

I answered your question in depth in your other thread.

xvxvxvx

sidd
Unregistered guest
I am renting a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 from TW Cable. I have a very prized program recorded from this weekend and would like to archive to DVD. Only DVD r/rw drive that I have is on my PC. Is it possible to transfer the program to my PC so that I can archive to DVD?

perfectionistech
Unregistered guest
To all well informed, I could use accurate info please.

Problem: Sci-Atlanta8300HD (terribly restrictive): dying(no pict.) but recorded shows watchable and accessible. Naturally, all dig. ports diabled(thx!). Calling TWC cust svc is handjob heaven and term cust. svc is a misnomer.

Needs: locate most suitable DVD recorder(new/used) for transfer.

Dilemma: Can I use a DVD recorder as if it were a VHS recorder? I gather yes but need certainty. I would prefer PC/MAC transfer directly to a DVD burner but am especially doubtful.

Hey, I can understand first run premium showings, but edited Columbo reruns chock full of commercials? Greedy Idiots.

Oh, BTW, how's DishNetwork?...anyone?

Perfectionistech
Unregistered guest
FX: ref: Pan. E50 in ???, right?; well how about E10 or E30? The E95 is out of my $ range.

Thanx

Unregistered guest
I have bought 2 8300SD. Called Time Warner in San Antonio. They refused to activate-"not our inventory". Is there a way to turn them on at all without TWC?
Thank you,
Mike

confused in indy
Unregistered guest
i have a Liteon Dvd Recorder and Comcast's Motorola DVR. How do i hook this thing up so i can also make dvd's from recorded programs on my DVR? Thanks!

Username: Mojo1180

Usa

as far as dvd recorders go check out the
LITEON LVW-5045 R I have herd nothing but great reviews in all the fta forums just ordered it my self do to arive from new egg Dec 1

hojo
Unregistered guest
I have the Motorola 6412 DVR from Comcast, and a Sony Vaio with DVD burner. I hooked up the computer to the DVR with an 1394 cable but cannot get my computer to recognize the DVR. Is there software out there that I need to download in order to copy shows I've recorded to DVD or is this not possible?

Anonymous

I have a DMR-E55 from Panasonic. It will allow me to record movies from STARZ (Directv) on a DVD-R. I just got a new Toshiba RD-XS54. It will not allow me to copy the same program the Panasonic permitted to DVD-R. It will allow me to copy to a DVD-RAM. The Toshiba will send movies to your PC via an Ethernet 10/100 connection (but not any that are copy protected). It has a number of other nice features which don't actually work for me. The high speed dubbing doesn't work with DVD-R discs. The online TV Guide only works if you have cable. There is no way of eliminated empty channels from the channel up/down progression. The input select (which can only be accessed by opening a door on the remote) doesn't work (it stops functioning when you get to the tuner). All in all I am pretty sure I am going to return it even though I will be charged a !0% restocking fee.

I have a VHS "Fantasia" which I tried to put on DVD. The Panasonic would not permit it. I tried copying with the A/V connection, with a RF connection, and with an RF connection from VHS to TVIO hard drive (which worked), to the Panasonic via an RF connection. It still did not work. So the copy protection is carried in the actual video framing and is independent of whether the signal is being transmitted via digital or analog.

Unregistered guest
I capture and view over-the-air digital signals of local commercial network stations (not premium, pay-for-stations) using an in-house antenna connected to my Samsung TV (with a built-in digital tuner). I want to tape The Tonight Show on my DVR/VCR in high-def digital, but the DVR/VCR's channel setup option only locates the analog over-the-air signals. If taping high def digital signals that are broadcast over the air is possible, what are the connections and system setup required?

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 15
HOJO, the firewire is not activated on the 6412 from Comcast. It is for "future upgrade".

JF

Unregistered guest
I have an SA 8000HD PVR from Adelphia and I have hooked up an iLO DVD Recorder to it.

I'm having a problem recording DVDs from the 8000HD where the audio and video are not fully synced--the mouths move, but the audio is slightly delayed. I've also noticed that music is mangled in some of the recordings. I'm using the "Copy to Archive" function in the 8000HD. The recordings look find on the 8000HD, but don't translate to the IlO

When I copy from my Sony Handycam (Analog 8mm)I don't have this problem--the iLO seems to have no problem digitizing it on the fly and burning it to the DVD.

I have heard lots of problems with iLOs--but I have not experienced any of the most "popular" ones. Only this recording issue.

Any thoughts?

Unregistered guest
To: rvroush

The problem you're having is that the DVR/VCR is not capable of receiving (and recording) high-def. Blue-ray DVD's will be out in 2006 (although at too high a price) as will HD-DVD. These will be able to record high-def. Currently, the only consumer format that can record high-def is DVHS, which uses a tape that is the same size as VHS but can record much more information. I assume you're receiving the high-def broadcast from your local NBC station. If you buy an LG LST-3410A DVR, you could record high-def programming (on it's built-in 160GB hard drive) like the Tonight Show.

To: Newton Bible

You're incorrect, the firewire is active on the 6412. However, you've got to have a DVHS recorder to connect to the 6412 in order to archive a program that was recorded on the 6412. I'm not aware of a driver that'll let you download content to a computer (any software guys out there?). I've been archiving high-def programs since I got the 6412 (Comcast SF Bay Area) and they look just like broadcast HD.

Speedcrew
Unregistered guest
Hello,
I want to buy a motorola dvr on ebay, but my cable company tells me it will not work. Although I am renting a motorola from them.
They tell me it has to be entered into their system. They also say it must be the 6412 phase 3 model. Any truth to that?

Santa
Unregistered guest
I have an ILO DVDR05 recorder hooked up to my 55" Mitsubishi rear projection HDTV ready TV as well as a VHS VCR. I have a rooftop antenna and DirecTV hooked up with splitters to both units. I get a nice reception to the TV or the VCR, but not with the DVD recorder. Prior to the ILO I tried Panosonic and Sony DVD recorders and the reception was poor in all three. I tried AV connections and SVHS cables. To the TV from the DVD recorder I'm using component gold cables and I even tried using AV without sucess. If I play a bought DVD it is great. Now the kicker. I recorded what looked like a poor quality HBO movie on DVD. It looks as bad as when I recorded it, however playing it on a standard Toshiba TV in another DVD player the movie looked great. Any help or ideas ? Thanks.

gdcwbb
Unregistered guest
I just hooked up the Sony RDR-GX315 DVD Recorder so that I could record shows stored on my TIVO to DVD. It seems to be hooked up correctly because it will play DVDs but when I attempt to record to a dvd-r, it only plays back noise. DVD-R is an acceptable format for this player. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am getting frustrated. Thanks!

jcar1990
Unregistered guest
Exactly what materials do I need to transfer a show recorded on the Comcast DVR hardrive to a DVD

jcar1990
Unregistered guest
Exactly what materials do I need to transfer a show recorded on the Comcast DVR hardrive to a DVD

Username: Bitsbucket

St. simons island, Georgia USA

Hi all,
I am new to this so be gentle! I have a liteon 5007A DVD recorder, (I believe this is an older model, hopefully old enough that it does not have the "FLAG CHIP" to stop it from recording from my Adelphia DVR, It is a Scientific Atlanta 8000HD. I want the same thing everyone else here wants. To be able to record shows that I have recorded with the DVR box to the Liteon Box so I have a copy of the show on DVD.
1) is this possible.
2) apparently from what I have read here the answer is NO?
3) If I can....how do I connect it? I have the option of 2 types of connections, one with RCA cables the other with the 5 pin PS2 type connector (SVHS?) anyway can anyone help me here?
Thanks a million in advance,
bitsbucket

Username: Scottyb1116

Kirkland , Washington USA

I have a Motorola 3XXXI DVR cable box from comcast, I was wondering if I could hook this up to my HP laptop and burn programming to DVD, And how and what do I need to do this? Thanks for the help.

Username: Etat1230

Philadelphia, PA USA

I am in the same situation as Scott Blake... I have the Motorola 3XXXI DVR cable box from Comcast - I've connected it to my laptop through the IEEE 1394 port in the back of the cable box, my laptop recognizes that new hardware is attached, but it can't find any drivers to run it. Anyone have a solution?

Anonymous

I have a motorola hi def DVR box with 3 USB ports. I'd like to connect it to my computer, to burn movies off the DVR's internal memory. Is it possible, when my computer doesn't have video hook ups or S-Video hook up??

ranei
Unregistered guest
I have a dish network 522 dvr i need to know how i can record to my pc and burn dvd's any help please?????

Bronze Member
Username: Viiofix

New Haven, Ct. New Haven

Post Number: 24
Ok - I've read through most of these POST and I'm not understanding what the problem is here when I read you can not do this.

MY SYSTEM

Toshiba 72MX195 DLP-RP
ONKYO HT-S780
SA 8300HD DVR
Panasonic DMR-ES20

S-Video & Red/White out of the DVR to the DVD-R then Component (Red/Blue/Green) + (Red/White) to Colorstream 2 of the Toshiba HDTV.

This is basically what I setup and it seems to be working just fine other than the Panasonic only giving me 480i which is not what I like.

DVRCopier
Unregistered guest
Caro Ken

Your Panasonic is an older model. The newer sets won't work because they enforce the copy right of the original media. If you ever want higher resolution and buy a new DVD recorder your setup won't work either.

Bronze Member
Username: Viiofix

New Haven, Ct. New Haven

Post Number: 25
DVRCopier ~

That blows huh .. so I guess people should look for older models. I hear the new Blu-ray DVD-R boxes are the way to go. Is this correct ?

Username: Jim_c

Okay all you video freaks out there! Here is one for you. How do I hook up my Direct TV DVR to my Comcast Box so that it will record the showes I choose???? I am a watcher not a builder so can it be done????

Username: Amsvin

I have a DVD recorder hooked up to my cablevision cable box, is there anyway to record a copy protected show from HBO. I am willing to buy a piece of hardware if needed.

Username: D1v1n1ty

Saginaw, Tx United States

It's my understanding that the video is stored in mpeg format on the dvr, what's preventing me from just taking the harddrive out of the dvr and putting it in my computer and then recording the video to dvd that way? Is the harddrive locked similar to an xbox hd? Is this overcomplicating the process?

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 82
" Is this overcomplicating the process?"

Most certainly, plus upon reinstallation the HDD will reformat itself. taking into account that you don't own the DVR either you might just end up owning it if you damage the unit after breaking the factory seal.

Also the device uses a Linux software system, you can't just hook it up to your PC and expect to see the video.

xvxvxvx

Username: Pslade

Garland, Tx USA

I have a motorola DCT4612 dvr cable box. iam running in thru a Denon 2806 avr with a sony dvd recorder attached. Previously i was able to record from my dvr to my dvd, but a week ago i lost that ability to record to my dvd recorder. It plays dvd's fine. but when i record i only get the video on the dvd, no audio. please help. Question do I need to increase the volume on the zone 2 record out.

Username: Aka

HELLO I HAVE TIME WARNER AND I HAVE A DVR BOX I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER MY RECORDED PROGRAMS FROM MY DVR BOX TO A DVD PLEASE SEND ME A ANSWER AT ptlksh@yahoo.com

Username: Andrewsailer

Hey... I just got AT&T's new U-Verse service. It's about a month old and just started out of San Antonio. It runs through a wireless LAN service that includes the internet. The box is a Tatung Set Top Box 5000. It wasnt DVR, so i opened the box and hooked up the hardrive inside. The DVR now works fine. Then I wanted to take out the hardrive and hook it up to my PC. I made it a slave drive, hooked it up, but all the files on the drive were called SFFs. I have no clue what kind of file that is. PLEASE let me know if there is any way that I can extract or convert the video off of this harddrive and into my computer. Thanks.

Username: Ggman

I am tryin to record from my DVR to a DVD Recorder. The hard drive space on my DVR is getting full so I want to clear it out. I have a comcast motorala DVR and an Emerson DVD Recroder. I have connected the S-Video out from my DVR and into my DVD Recoder. The video records fine. However, I have no audio. I have tried connecting from the TV audio out to the input on the DVD Recorder, Also from the Audio Receiver out to the input on the DVD Recorder and from the DVR audio out to the input on the DVD Recorder...NO LUCK. What am i doing wrong?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 184
Gilbert,

You need to get the audio from the same source as your video.

xvxvxvx

Username: Ceezee

I have read all the posts and am having the same trouble as everyone else trying to hook up a Motorola Cable/DVR box (DCT6416) to a DVD recorder. The cable company says they are not compatible but sounded quite hedgy to me. When all is said and done and I think the correct hook ups are made all I get is sound and no picture. Please tell me what I am doing wrong giving me very specific information about what cables to where. Thanks

Username: Bdoss

Grand Prairie, Texas USA

Here is a link to help! Step by step on how to hookup up all your tech opponents.
http://esupport.sony.com/EN/tutorials/homeav/hookup.swf

Username: Nap218

Please help! I have a Comcast HD Motorola DVR connected to my Toshiba HDTV. No problems there. But can I hook up a VCR or a DVD recorder to the audio/video OUTs on my TV (not the Comcast box), and record things I've stored on Comcast DVR in real-time playback, as they appear on the TV screen? It seems very do-able, but I can't find a defininite answer.

Thanks much!

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 203
Neil,

Use an S-video cable out from your DVR, you must also use two RCA connections for the audio. The one caveat will be "as they appear on the TV screen." This will depend on which DVD recorder you use, most will letterbox any 16:9 programming so you will not always get a full widescreen presentation recorded to the DVD.

xvxvxvx

Username: Nap218

Post Number: 2
Thanks Scooby,

Just to make sure I understand you: You're saying use S-video from the Comcast DVR to the DVD recorder, with audio cables (also) from the Comcast DVR to the DVD recorder? The reason I want to clarify is because Comcast told me I wouldn't be able to hook up and record direct from their box, but I figured I COULD record from the TV.

-N

Username: Leebee

I have a DVR (with Time Warner digital cable)with a dvd recorder hooked to it. I am able to record programs and movies from my dvr to the dvd recorder, but the sound qualilty from the digital channels is poor. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Ella

Post Number: 13
The sound quality can be related to cables you are using. Check if you connect DVR directly to TV using same cables and same output.

I wonder how you people can record all TV channels? Many of them are protected and my DVD Recorder (Sony) respects it. All I get is "you can not record copyright protected video".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Have just found some info here:
http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html#TVG
I hope this is the solution.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 584
the digital switch SUCKS! you can no longer record regular TV shows and archive them like you could with an antenna and a VCR!

it isn't about better quality... it's about digging into your pockets! $50 cable my furry exit! tivo FEES!!!?? no effing way!

it's all BS, just like g'darn planned obsolescence in the PC industry!!!

keep them sheep a payin' for EVERYTHING. if they could, they'd charge you for the air you breathe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Tell me what cable company are you connected to? How much do you pay?
What cable box and recorder do you have?
I'm at Comcast they really sucks.

Username: Richbar

I Got a Comcast dvr dct 6416, and a Dazzle dvd converter, how can I backup the content of my Dvr to my computer dvd burner? I have no clue not even where start, can someone help me with this? I use to do this through my pioneer dvd recorder, but give up on me and I want to give a shot to the computer way...
thank you for any help...

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 300
Which actual Dazzle device do you have? Dazzle makes several.

Username: Godfatherbundy

Post Number: 3
just got the 8300hd from cablevision, and am very interested to know what is the best method to 1. record/capture it live and get it on the computer without losing quality, or option 2. to transfer the saved recording from the dvr to the comp for editing of commercials and storage to my personal archives, ...im impressed with alot of the tv shows i have been downloading b4 i got cable, the quality is remarkable, 720p files, some in the mkv and or mp4 container, i basically want to create my own files like the ones i have been getting offline. i have hp pavilion dv2000 with windows vista home premium, i dont have a esata port on my comp, just 3 usb's and the firewire ports. i have windows media center, vlc and handbrake and mpeg streamclip, im ready to roll, any suggestions?do i need a tuner card, do i have one built in, how would i find out? help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us