Satellite TV Sub-sharing

Bronze Member
Username: Pancho_vilia

Post Number: 44
Speaking only from my personal experience.
Sub-sharing with Directv's Slim Line Dish
is your best bet.
The DirecTV Slim Line Dish will pickup
Spaceway 2 & DirecTV 11 at 99.2°W
DirecTV 4S/8 at 101.0°W
Spaceway 1 & DirecTV 10/12 at 102.8°W
DirecTV 5 at 109.8°W
DirecTV 7S at 119.0°W

These Birds will cover all services
including HD & Spanish Channels
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 92
Maybe some help for directv sub-sharing.
C/P from Directv

A) I only have a cell phone, can I get DIRECTV service?

To receive the full benefits of your DIRECTV System (pay per view purchases via remote control/sports subscription auto-renewal), the receiver must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line, which means that both the phone and the receiver must have a fixed location. Unfortunately, a cell phone does not meet either of these criteria because it is mobile and usually not left on at all times.

B) Can I activate a used receiver?

Yes, to add a used receiver you'll need to follow these steps:
Have the original owner call DIRECTV to de-activate the DIRECTV System access card. Please note that you will not be able to activate the receiver if it was leased by the original account holder.
Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new access card, which we will send to you along with a postage-paid envelope for returning the old card. Please note that a $20 fee will apply to the new card.
Install the receiver or call a professional installer for help. Consult the installation manual that came with the receiver or look for the owner's manual at directv.com/manuals.
Once you get your new access card, you can activate the receiver by calling 1-800-531-5000. Make sure to mention that you have pre-owned equipment and want to start programming.

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 93
application/octet-streamUpload
tmp421.wps (17.9 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us