Need recommendations on what DVD player & receiver to buy

Username: Likarnold

Post Number: 1
We're moving & we're leaving the 15+ yr old Onkyo receiver & 10+ yr old DVD/VHS player behind. We're keeping the Sony Bravia TV & Cambridge Soundworks speaker system.
Since it has been a while since I've needed to shop for these items, what should I look for & how can I determine what's good, better, best? We don't watch a lot of tv, but when we do we want a good quality picture & we certainly want HD.

Any advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14637
for a receiver my recommendation would be denon check out dakmart they have excellent prices ....i bought from them

http://www.dakmart.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=denon+receiver

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14640
its bed time ill see what else we can find you later

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1321
to look for? Enough HDMI switching to satisfy.
You'll want to make sure it'll drive the cambridge speakers properly, too. You need to not only look at power, but impedance matching. Try to find out how bad a load the speakers are. If they drop too low or are too insensitive, you'll need to revise your plan upward.
IF you no longer need VHS, and I hope you don't, I'd simply tell you without reservation to send away for the OPPO '83. It is simply the #1 choice for a BR / CD / DVD player and will also handle DVD audio and SACD. At 500$ it is considered quite a bargain. The OPPO is also used as the core of several vastly more expensive players and has been favorable compared with up to 4500$ 'worth' of Denon player.

Denon? Who knows? Onkyo and HK are well thought of, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us