Magnavox repair question

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox # VRU642AT. Started acting up by playing back and only getting blue screen. Was recording cause recorded Tape would play on another vcr. When watching tv through vcr itwould intemittently get blue screen and picture would roll. Then when Itryied to record, vcr would turn off and on and I could not get tape to eject. Could not shut off vcr with power button or eject tape cause it would continuously shut itself off and on. Unplugged unit and now when plugged back in nothing happens. Took top off and got tape out. when plugged back in , I hear a small high pitched noise as though some power is coming in and the drum will turn a little and then stop.
Please, what is wrong and is it worth trying to fix.
Thanks ever so much

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 188
Sounds like a bad power supply. They are Funai VCRs, not worth fixing.

dian
Unregistered guest
Thanks David.
To the scrap pile it goes.

dian
Unregistered guest
David
PS
What would you consider a decent VCR for just taping tv shows and watching?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
I use a Mitsubishi myself, the only one left that uses metal parts instead of plastic, last I knew anyway.

dian
Unregistered guest
Thanks again DAvid.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox which has started having picture problems - swirly/distorted picture. This occurs with satellite and with broadcast stations and also when playing DVDs, so it appears to be the TV and not the source. When I display the satellite program guide there is a minor distortion but the "picture in picture" which the guide provides is just fine. If I go full-screen on that channel, however, the distortion is there instantly.

Is there some adjustment I am missing (I am thinking of the old horizontal and vertical hold adjustments)? Or is there a failing part I can replace? Or is the set a goner?

Thanks in advance,

John

rudyr
Unregistered guest
we have a magnavox 55p8288 and we weree having trouble changing the channels. then we got it to work,but now ti doesn't even come on. have you ever heard of this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
Have you unplugged it and plugged it back in?

LRL
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox with the same problem JJH mentions. That's why I'm on this site. It sounds as though JJH has been to my house. Lately, however, even when I view the satelite program guide, the little "picture in picture" is distorted also. I can't even count on that anymore. The first thing I thought of was the horizontal. Does anyone have suggestions?

Unregistered guest
have a magnavox projection tv. when turned on it clicks twice and will not come on.

Anonymous

I have a Magnovox television. Last week, I lifted it up to move it and since then it keeps scrolling through a message saying "this will be your next television..." and then it runs through all the functions it has. Pushing buttons on the tv does not change anything. It just keeps scrolling - even after I unplugged it for a day, when I plugged it in again, it kept scrolling. I do not have the original television remote. Is the tv fixable?

Nightwing
Unregistered guest
I have a 1994 magnavox (Model #19G601-OOAA) and we were watching it one day and it just went out. Now we cant turn it on. Any ideas?

Nightwing
Unregistered guest
hey anonymous (with the scrolling problem) mine did the same thing once. just press menu(Either) and volume(Either)at the same time and it will turn off. then press power and whala!

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox which I have been using with a cable box for several years. I don't have the original remote as it got lost sometime. I need to have the TV in the "Auxilary Input" Mode. I can get it in this mode thru the buttons on the TV but when I turn the set off and then on again, it has reverted to the "Antenna Input" Mode.
Any suggestions as to how I can get it to stay in the auxilary mode?

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox TV that I am attempting to connect to a TiVo DVR with DVD. I also have a Comcast cable box involved. I have done the TiVo setup with the TV in the "Aux In" mode because of the DVD. This operates fine until I turn the TV off. When I turn the TV back on, it reverts to the "Antenna In" mode. I have found the Magnavox remote that I thought was lost but can't figure out how to change the mode to "Aux In" permanently so that it will remain in that mode when I turn the set on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
If it has a built in guide it's probably switching to tuner to update the guide.

DMD
Unregistered guest
Thanks Nightwing for saving my sanity and my scrolling TV. You are wonderful. D

Unregistered guest
My Magnavox 4-head VHS-HQ with OSD bar code wand has lost its ability to show channels above 13 (the UHF ones). Is it worth trying to get it repaired or not? The bar-code wand reader makes it a breeze to program. The model number is VR9547AT01, manufactured in July, 1988. Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a magnavox vcr plus machine. I can't get the power to turn off or on. Every minute or so the letter PL flash. Is there anything I can do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
Doug, if you have an antenna make sure it's not set on cable, if you have cable make sure it's not set on antenna.

Unregistered guest
David...
Thanks so much for suggesting the the problem was with the programmable option on the Magnavox VCR remote for TV vs CATV. That solved the problem instantly. Have a Great Thanksgiving...and thanks for giving me the right answer!
Doug

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox mrd 200 dvd surround system.. the sound went out..it was playing fine and then I heard a pop and no sound ..but it came back on the next day and played for about 20 minutes then heard the pop again and no more sound

Unregistered guest
HI
We have Magnavox TV, 1996, Mod. PR1916 C121
(Serial #58898056).
It was running fine on Cable TV, and suddenly when turned on, the channels are gone and we get a snowy screen. We tried hooking it up to another cable that we knew was working fine and had the same problem. When we go into the on-screen menu, and choose cable, it asks to reprogram the chanels, again and again. Then we exit the menu and we still have snow and no channels. What do you think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
Did you reprogram the channels?

Unregistered guest
Yes, we tried reprogramming the channels over and over but when we exit the menu, they are lost again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
Unplug it for a few minutes, it may reset. There is usually a way to reset equipment to factory specs, but you would probably have to contact Magnavox to find out how.

Leanna Ramirez
Unregistered guest
I am trying to find a repair shop to diagnose some minor problems with an older model magnavox console television. I want to take the tv into the repair shop rather than have a repairman come to the house to save the $95 fee for just the drive (without diagnostics or repair itself). I live near San Antonio, Tx. Any ideas as to where I can take my tv? Sears and Best Buy say they won't work on consoles in their shops but would come to the house. I can't see paying $95 only to find the tv not worth repairing.

Selwoc
Unregistered guest
For those of you who have Magnavox's in which the power switch seems to turn on and off intermittently; I have had to take the circuit board out and solder various places...hard to locate disconnects, but just a quick solder fix and it is off and running again. I suspect the sound problem that gbsn68335 is having is similar. The TV now has lost all the channels except one and I can't seem to get it to auto-program any others---tried manual, but only blue screens show on any channels----help?????

Mfoob
Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox 47" projection screen t.v. the color has darkened over the years. A friend of mine said there is a fluid that can be replaced. Is this true? and How much does it cost.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
anyone know what a flashing # 2 means on a magnavox vcr ? after setting a delayed record, the recording never starts and i get a flashing # 2. otherwise it works very well. yikes !

Dana Rye
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox 25x611-00 AA television, and it has a signal problem. It's like it takes it awhile to "warm up" and get rid of the horizontal scrolling. Is there a part that I could replace myself? Is it worth getting repaired? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox that won't respond to any remote. I have unplugged it an can't seem to find the remote receiver when I took off the cover

J74Charger
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox VR602BMG VCR. I just fished 2 nickels and a penny out of it that my 20 month old daughter stuck in it. Now when I plug it in, all I get is a flashing 2 on the display and it won't power on. Is there anything I can do to get it to work again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!

Anonymous

I Have a problem just like another guest here, JJH, and my tv has been all distorted. Can it be fixed?

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 46 IN MAGNAVOX (MODEL# FP4630 W104-SERIAL# 40402372) WE WERE WATCHING T.V. ONE NIGHT, THE NEXT MORNING TURNED IT ON FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES. THAT NIGHT WE TURNED SET ON THE ONLY THING THAT CAME ON WAS SOUND, NO PICTURE. WE HAVE HAD THIS SET FOR ABOUT 10 YRS. BOUGHT IT NEW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS TILL NOW. WHAT DO U THINK THE PROBLEM IS. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS.

Unregistered guest
I have 55" about 4 years old. When I turn it on there is no picture or sound but the power light is on.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

please help.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox TV/VCR combo. When I put on a video, the screen is snow, but the audio works fine. The TV part also works. Anyone know what to do to fix it? Thanks! - E

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox tv rs2560, it was manufactured in 1991 of november. The television does not turn on. I do not know if the diodes go bad on this model or if the tube is burned out. Please help me! Thanks Dan

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
Eren, it probably needs cleaned.

RyanBTH
Unregistered guest
Hi my name is Ryan. I have a 50(something)inch screen magnavox. it isnt like one of the new flat screens it has a rough bumpy front. The problem i am having is it shows everything in a green tent. everything is green but the picture still comes in, just green.

franz
Unregistered guest
I have a 1994 model magnavox TV which doesnot turn off pressing its "power" button. We pull the plug to turn the TV off. And when it's on, the screen only have this message :

1. "SMART SOUND/AUTOMATIC VOLUME LEVELE4R...."
2. " HERE'S WHY THIS SHOULD BE BE YOUR NEXT TV
- EASY REMOTE CONTROL "
ET. ETC.
Then, screen display the menu options which moves at random by itsel and finally the screen display "CLOSED CAPTION , ETC. ETC.".
THIS IS REPEATED ON AND ON.

Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi ... I Have the same problem ... did anyone reply ... would appreciate any information thanks. hayesm004@hawaii.rr.com

(copied request from franz jan/23/2005)I have a 1994 model magnavox TV which doesnot turn off pressing its "power" button. We pull the plug to turn the TV off. And when it's on, the screen only have this message :

1. "SMART SOUND/AUTOMATIC VOLUME LEVELE4R...."
2. " HERE'S WHY THIS SHOULD BE BE YOUR NEXT TV
- EASY REMOTE CONTROL "
ET. ETC.
Then, screen display the menu options which moves at random by itsel and finally the screen display "CLOSED CAPTION , ETC. ETC.".
THIS IS REPEATED ON AND ON.

Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Franz ... I'm thinking this probably is a remote control problem, but can't figure out why we can turn the TV off from the TV unit ??? Well, if any one else has some feedback ... love to hear from you!

Anonymous

Ive got a magnavox vcr mod# vrt462. Does anyone know how to program the remote for a sony tv. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Unregistered guest
My Magnavox VCR suddenly stopped working last night. It won't turn on, and the display flashes "PL" every minute or so. Any idea how to fix this?

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox tv/vcr combo. Model CCU191AT01. Is there any way to adjust the vertical on this model ? I have taken the back off of the unit, but have been unable to locate any adjustment. Am I blind or is the vert preset ?

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox tv. Today whem I woke up it turned on and then displayed the following message:

1. This is why this could be your next television.

2. Then it displays the menu and shows the (captions, language,etc.)
3. Then a screen that says sleep timer, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 and then reapeats this pattern.

If anyone has a solution to this problem it will be greatful. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox tv. Today whem I woke up it turned on and then displayed the following message:

3. Then a screen that says sleep timer, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 and then reapeats this pattern.

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
alright i am very upset with magnavox because i just bought this recently not even a year and its messing up in two ways. first its not reading a lot of discs in the DVD player part then number two i was under system menu and then it somehow got on progress scan and wont let me get back to the system menu again to turn it off this thing sucks and doesnt make sense.

Unregistered guest
I have an old Magnavox television Model number RL 8510 AK07 Chassis Model number PTV375 AM01. I was watching it the other day and all of a sudden I got a red screen. Now after watching the TV for about 30 min, it goes from being red to blank. Does anybody know what could be the problem.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox vrt-462 AT vcr. the batteries fell out of the remote and now it will no longer turn on my tv. how do I put the codes back into it?

Unregistered guest
We have a magnavox dvd player 9MDPF20 and we left it plugged in the car cig. lighter all night and now it will not play dvd back. It says DISC ERROR PLEASE EJECT. Playback feature not available. Can anyone help us on what to do.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox TV/VCR in one. Model CCS191AT21. I do not have the remote for it. It seems to be from the early 90's. I am trying to hook it up to my Comcast cable box, but in order to do that, the TV must be on channel 4. Sounds easy enough, except my TV will not let me manually change the channel beyond Channel 2 and A/V in. There is no menu button or anything of the like on the TV itself. I got a universal remote for it,programmed it, but it still does not allow me to change the channel beyond those two options! What is going on? Can anybody help me??

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
You need to be able to access the menus. Then you can go into the channel programming menu and manually add channel 4. If the remote you have won't access menus, get a One For All remote. They have the highest compatibility.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox TV and I am locked out. My teenage son input a code(SmartLock-Parental control) and now whenever I turn it on, it ask me to input code. I am unable to watch anything on it. Also, I can't find the operating manual that came with it. We bought it this past Christmas, 2004. Please Help!

Please help!
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox model MC192DM Gol made in April 2002. Its a tv and vcr combo. When I put a tape in to play a movie all I get is "snow". What's the problem?
Thanks so much!

Silver Member

Post Number: 641
Needs cleaned

Unregistered guest
Hey re: on screen message repeating and can't power off, I had the same problem and I was just
pushing 2 different buttons ( different combinations) at a time on the tv
unit and it finally turned off. I then was able to turn it on with the
remote or from the tv unit. I spoke to a tv repair guy, familar with this
problem and he said someone must have enter two different commands at the
same time, and it needed to be reprogrammed ( about $45.00), he also said it
could easy happen again if one enters two commands again ( by accidentally
sitting on the remote pushing several buttons at the same time). It's ironic
that it took me to push two buttons on the set at an time, but I'm not
complaining it fixed it (and also broke it in the first place). Another
reply message said to push the volume and menu button at the same time on tv
set, also unplug tv and hold down power button, while still holding down
power button, plug tv back in for 10 seconds, then try to power unit off .
Hope this can help ... Aloha!

Topheavy
Unregistered guest
Hello I have a Magnavox TV MS2530 C225 It just Runs through the channels when I plug it in when I turn it off it turns it self back on and runs through the channels again I have to unplug it to stop it. When I go into the menu for settings it will run through the setting. I was able to stop it in menu mode but now it will not even stop it in that mode. Help

Mikey22
Unregistered guest
Hi -
My Magnavox menu is in French, and none of the options are for language. Any way to reset it?
Thanks,
Mikey22

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
Unplug it long enough for it to reset, then the first menu you see should be language.

Mikey22
Unregistered guest
Thanks David-
2 hours off, still in French...Still no option to change language, all channels still programmed, so I'm guessing it didn't reset?
Mikey22

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
I guess not. There is a language select somewhere in the menus. I just set something to French not long ago, it took me awhile to find the right menu with everything in French, but I did find it.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox RK5556 CH03 that will no longer turn on. the fuse is good. does anyone have any advise?

susan rudder
Unregistered guest
I purchased a cheap magnavox player less than a year ago. I few nights ago I was watching a DVD that my son recorded and sent home from Iraq and while I was scrolling through the different pictures and video clips I pressed the menu or set up buttons and the screen started rolling and now will not stop. I tried unplugging but that did not work. Some internet research brought up the word "PAL Mode" but I do not understand it and not sure if that is it. I tried putting in a DVD movie and the movie played but the screen was still rolling. I also tried pushing one button at a time to bring up the menu and set up which it does but since it is rolling I cannot see what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 684
You probably have it on progressive scan. There is a way to reset players, but every one is different. Try pressing each button on the unit for about 10 seconds.

Anonymous

I have a Magnavox TR2510 C101 chassis model 25E501-00AA which have vertical hold issues. Can anyone suggest a solution or point me in the direction I need to go to correct the problem. Can"t find vertical hold controls.

toeknee
Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox tv. lower channels work upper channels do not work. help

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
If you have cable make sure it's set on cable and not antenna. If you have an antenna make sure it's not on cable.

JIM BENNETT
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 27" MAGNAVOX ,THE POWER BUTTON IS BROKEN.WAS TOLD THERE IS A UNIVERSAL REMOTE THAT WILL PROGRAM WITHOUT POWER ON. NEVER HEARD OF THIS ANYONE ELSE?

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
You can use a universal remote to turn the TV on and off. I don't know what you mean by "program without power on".

Unregistered guest
I have a 52" Magnavox projection Tv that quit working. It no longer shows a picture,but still has volume. I took the large signal board in to have it checked and they said it was the flyback transformer. This part cost $85.00 or I can buy a new whole large signal board for $570.00. Which do you suggest and how hard is it to replace just a flyback transformer..any suggestions appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 737
Why does everyone keep posting TV problems in the VCR section? They belong in TVs.

Bpunkyb37
Unregistered guest
I have an older Magnavox 32" TV, model# TP3273C101. It shut its self off and now I can't get it to come back on. The power light will come on and sometimes stay on but most of the time it just shuts back off. There is never a picture. Help Please!

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
Post in the TV section.

magnavox question
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to record an auxiallary input to L1 or L2 withour a tv? Specifically, I am having trouble figuring out how to record from a 2.4 Ghz wireless camera directly to a Magnavox VCR without using a television. I see that when the wireless reciever is hooked up to the vcr input RCA jacks, and the vcr is then co-axed to a television, the vcr will record what the camera sees, that is, what is on the tv. However, when the tv is disconnected, the vcr will not record anything but ants having a snowball fight. So my question is.....can I record onto my vcr without using a tv?

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
The TV shouldn't have anything to do with recording, unless you have the camera hooked to the TV and then to the VCR. Hook the camera directly to the VCR and it won't matter if the TV is on or off.

wireless problems
Unregistered guest
I tried that, it seems as if the vcr knows there is a tv hooked up or not, and when the co-ax to the tv is disconnected, the vcr will not record the wireless feed, this is a brand new magnavox. the problem is that i do not want to use a tv at all. i want to place the vcr in a remote location without a tv, and just tape what is fed to the vcr from the wireless reciever, then remove the tape and view it elsewhere. the vcr will not record the feed though, it seems, without a co-ax going to a tv. is the vcr that smart? or am i that dumb? I have the rca's hooked right up to the vcr inputs, but it will only record what it sees on L1 or L2 if there is also a tv on the end of the co-ax out. The sequence is this...power on vcr, power on wireless reciever, power on camera. down channel vcr 3 spaces to L1, record on. then tape for a while, remove tape to view, and it shows nothing but static. If the same sequence is followed with a tv hooked up to the vcr, it works fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 760
That's is truly strange, it shouldn't make any difference. Try connecting RCA jacks to the VCRs output and see what happens.

Anonymous

thanks for thinking about the problem i had with that vcr/camera combo David, i truly appreciate it. I finally got it figured out. What was happening was, once the vcr went through its initial power up, it was asking for a time/date setting, then a cable/air setup before it could record on L1. I patched it through a co-axial to a remote t.v in my kitchen so i could see what was happening. the trick was that i was unplugging the vcr and moving it, scrambling the initial setup menu, so my sequencing was wrong as i didn't account for the setup menu. got it now! thanks again!

cbach5
Unregistered guest
I have an older magnavox tv (model #CCT190AT01) that seems to have eaten the tape in the VCR. It will only turn on for maybe 2 seconds, enough time to change the channel before turning off again. There is a videotape in there that I am unable to eject. The TV/VCR reads the eject command but won't let the tape out. Really strange, I know. Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 780
Unplug it and plug it back in. If the tape goes in on top of the TV, it's a Panasonic and might be worth fixing, if the tape goes in on the bottom it's a Funai and isn't worth fixing.

Unregistered guest
I'm in the same boat as MJ(Feb 25). I've been locked out of tv14 or higher my TV. Is there anyway to bypass the 4 digit Smartlock code so I can watch Mystery? Thanks

Danna
Unregistered guest
I have a 2-3 yrold Magnavox TV-VCR. I have had it connected to DIRECTV and have been using the RCA universal remote. Last week, the remote stopped working, so I re-programmed it, and when I turn it on, it stays on for about 3 seconds and automatically shuts off. I disconnected the satellite cable and try to use just the TV, and the same thing happens. This happened once before and I called cut service (not sure if it was DIrectv or Magnavox/Philips) and they told me what to do. IT worked. Now, no one knows what is wrong. Can you help out?

Danna
Unregistered guest
I have a 2-3 yrold Magnavox TV-VCR. I have had it connected to DIRECTV and have been using the RCA universal remote. Last week, the remote stopped working, so I re-programmed it, and when I turn it on, it stays on for about 3 seconds and automatically shuts off. I disconnected the satellite cable and try to use just the TV, and the same thing happens. This happened once before and I called cut service (not sure if it was DIrectv or Magnavox/Philips) and they told me what to do. IT worked. Now, no one knows what is wrong. Can you help out?

Silver Member

Post Number: 850
Unplug it for a minute and plug it back in.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox portable dvd player mpd700 that was working great one night and the next morning it started "sticking" on scenes, then it would not load a disc or could you use any of the buttons to stop the disc from spinning. any clues?

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
Lightly clean the laser with a q-tip wet with alcohol.

Unregistered guest
i have a magnavox tv and the advertisement menu wont shut off. The smart sound menu keeps repeating iteself. In the past I have hit the select menu and it goes away however we lost the old remote and I cannnot program the new one because the smart sound is stuck on. Any suggestions.

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have a 1995 Magnavox Tv. It is an extra in the bedroom. We unplugged it one night because of a storm. We plugged it in a couple of weeks later and now it is crazy. It keeps running through some sort of sales promotion. It goes through all the functions ...like sleep, volume, english, and etc. It won't quit. Remote won't work. We pushed every button on it. Nothing. I don't see a reset on the back. What can we do? Any help .....Thanks! Zoey

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
Post in the TV forum.

Username: Thilst80

Saint paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 1
hi my magnavox xcr refuses to eject tape just flashes "2"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1051
Unplug it and plug it back in.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM ON MY VCR- MY VCR FLASHES 2 WITH POWER OFF. WHEN I TURN IT ON, A MOTOR RUNS AND THEN THE VCR TURNS OFF. I CANNOT EJECT THE TAPE. I UNPLUGGED THE VCR FOR 1O MINUTES, PLUG IT BACK IN AND SAME THING. ANY SUGGESTIONS, LOST THE MANUAL.

susie
Unregistered guest
we have an older model magnavox television which was working fine. My husband accidently pushed the wrong button on the tv trying to turn it on and now it will only show VCR in the top left corner. HELP PLEASE (it was the bottom button)

Tanker
Unregistered guest
we have an 1989 Magnavox TV which has no picture (just snow) and no sound, but will work perfectly with auxillary in (DVD player). Any suggestions ?

Tanker
Unregistered guest
we have an 1989 Magnavox TV which has no picture (just snow) and no sound, but will work perfectly with auxillary in (DVD player). Any suggestions ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1087
Post in the TV forum.

Anonymous

I have a magnavox that my father-in-law recently gave us and the instruction did not come with it, the problem we arre having is that we don't know how to run the picture and picture? We were wondering if you could watch something different in the Pic in Pic, or please send me instructions.

Thank You

Gold Member

Post Number: 1120
Post in the TV forum.

Help Me Please!!!
Unregistered guest
My son has a 13" Magnavox Smart Lock in his room. He locked a bunch of channels and cant remember the passcode. Can someone help with that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1131
You're in the wrong forum, doubtful you'll get help here.

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox 5 dvd changer w/ surround sound. The remote just stopped working one day. I have tried everything from batteries to buying replacement universal remotes as well as universal magnavox remotes (guaranteed to work). So far nothing works. Is there anyway to reprogram my old remote? I have looked it up and the remote # is #996500015844.

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox 5 dvd changer w/surround sound. The remote just stopped working one day. I have tried everything from batteries to new remotes both universal and magnavox universal (guaranteed to work). So far nothing works. I can manually control the system but there are alot of functions on the remote not on the machine. The # on the inside of the remote is RC MRD250 37S. Also says WIR 100250-9501. I looked the remote up online and got a # of 996500015844.

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox made in 1993 I believe. The screen does the scrolling type thing, where it flashes up really quickly. It only does it sometimes depending on how the chord is plugged in it will do it also when you first turn it on it wont do it for anywhere from 0 seconds to 10 minutes. The weird thing is when i turn the TV guide on (I have a cable box) it wont act up and it will stop doing the fast scrolling and the picture will be fine. It does it when it is running off of the cable cord, or when its running off the A/V. PLEASE HELP!!

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox TV and i don't know how to turn on the closed captions. can anyone help me?

Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox TV and i don't know how to turn on the closed captions. can anyone help me?

Bumjubeo
Unregistered guest
My VCR keeps flashing PL every minute or so, it just started happening, its been unplugged for hours, and everything reset, but I still cant turn on the power, looks like im getting a new VCR?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
Magnavox=Funai=trash, buy something better next time.

Unregistered guest
I have an older Philips Magnavox Smart Plus Series TV with PIP. I'm getting a large black square in the middle of the screen which I assume to be the parental lock because I can see the whole picture momentarily when I'm flipping through channels then it goes away and then it comes back after a few seconds. In the on-screen menu,it asks for the access code, which I do not know what it is or how it got set (probably one of my two young kids). It also says to "see your manual if you've forgotten your access code" which I cannot find. Could you please tell me how to reset the access code so I can turn off the parental lock?

Unregistered guest
Dead Magnavox TV, Model CP4570 A103, Chassis 25T102 00CC. When attempting to turn on all you hear is a "click" then in about 2 to 3 seconds another "click" Went dead while viewing. Checked the obvious, fuse, electric connection, etc. All OK. HELP... Have schematic.

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox big screen. model # 55P8288. I recently moved and in the process scratched up the screen. This material seems to be plastic,can it be replaced? and where could I find it?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
i have magnavox vcr vr602bmg. it doesn't eject videotape but displays "2" and turns off by itself. does anyone know how to fix?

Unregistered guest
I have an 19inch Magnavox. I have lost the remote for it. Some how it continues to display closed captioning and through the menu I am unable to remove the closed captioning. This is very annoying can someone please tell me how to remove the closed captioning if I don't have the remote. The model number is MT1905B101.

Rat Boy
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox 25 inch tv model number tl7125 c122 trying to connect a rf modulator to but cant change tv to channel 3 or 4 get the message channel 3 and 4 not available menu seems to be locked

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox 13" color with remote tv/vcr
The tape is stuck and won't eject. When I use any of the vcr buttons the tv turns off. help

Amish Bhavsar
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox VCR Model # VRU222AT21.
The VCR has suddenly stopped displaying video. However, the audio is perfect. It even displays the on screen Menu, but doesn't display video. Instead it just shows a blue screen. All other functions like tuning and TV are working fine

Todd S.
Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a Magnovox 20MS3443/17 TV and it has worked fine for about a month and all of a sudden the picture has gone blurry. Is there anything I can do about that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1542
You people won't get TV help in a VCR forum.

BrentCrawford
Unregistered guest
We have a Magnavox MS3252S431 we purchased off the shelf (Clearance). I cannot get the captioning to turn off. Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
i have a magnavox MAS - 100 stereo and i dont know how, but the timer turned on. and now i can't get it to turn off. how can i do that?

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox tv/vcr combo 1996 model CCU131ATO2.It was working fine but i turned it on and got a blue screen but could access the programs.I tried to reprogram channel set up, etc. I unplugged it and now it wont even turn on. I don't have the manual for it. Thanks!

Anonymous

I have got a magnavox TL7125 C101. I would like to connect it to laptop or desktop. I have got svideo-out in my laptop and svideoout to in connector with me. When I tried to search for svideo-in in TV, I could not find it. What I have got are two ins - one is for cable and other one is smart plug. Can anybody let me know - how can I connect this TV to my computer.

adszent1@cox.net
Unregistered guest
I need a focus block for a 52"mannavox projection screen tv Model #PR3052 A 106
Chassis #PTV520-AH01 Would there be anyone out there that would happen to have one.Please Let me know.I would hate to give the tv up.Had for 11 years,E-mail adszent1@cox.net

Unregistered guest
I have a Philips Magnavox 20" tv. It is over 5 years old. When I turn it on it comes on for a few minutes and then shuts off. It will do this several times before it stays on. The volume will also change on its own. Can it be fixed or should I get a new tv?

adszent1
Unregistered guest
I Know I am just posting everywhere i can trying to just find a part that is no longer manufactured.hoping somone has one laying on a shelf somewhere.
adszent1@cox.net

sexy lady
Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 magnavox (FP5230 W105 series). I have my dvd player connected to my tv. But when I try to watch a movie I do not get a picture. I can here it but I can not see it. I thought it might be the dvd player but I tried it on another tv and it worked fine. Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem?

Unregistered guest
I have an older magnavox VCR-late '90's I think. I've seen many posts asking this question but have never seen a response. I have a tape in th machine, I turn it on, it whirs, clicks and shuts off and flashes the number 2 on the screen. It has been working beautifully untill I put this new-used tape in this morning. Is there a was to get the tape out of the machine? Thanks for your help.

shannon zika
Unregistered guest
I have a Phillips Magnavox VCR Plus that won't turn on - and flashes "PL" every few seconds. I've seen several other entries with this problem...anyone figure out how to fix this problem?

Unregistered guest
i had a vcr tape stuck in a magnavox tv/vcr combo the tape gotreally stuckandi broke the tape butthe vcr will not turn on on the screen all itsays is that itsin eject modeandwill not work at all help

emg
Unregistered guest
i have a magnavox model# pr1916 c122
the picture is perfect but no sound. i took out the speaker and tested it they work does anyone know why no sound

tanlangil
Unregistered guest
I just bought my daughter a magnavox vcr. While setting it up I did somthing to turn on the cst.on light. I dont know what this is and cant find anything about it in the manual to turn this off. Is this ok? What is it for? Thanks.........Tan.

Unregistered guest
I have a 50 inch Magnavox Projection TV that when you press the power on button the red light comes on for about a minute and then starts flashing for a minute and then shuts off. Do you have any idea what the problem is? The Tv is only about 18 months old. I have tried disconnecting the power source for a couple of minutes and this doesn't help... Thank you...

Unregistered guest
I've got the same problem...the PL flashing on my Phillips Magnavox VCR Plus every few seconds. I've seen several other entries with this problem...anyone figure out how to fix this problem??? Please let me know if I've missed it! Thanks...

njc
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox VCR model VF1835. The tape goes in just fine and apparently threads ok and will sometimes play. Everytime the tape will eject but the tape is caught on something prohibiting the tape from being removed. I'm not sure if this is the type of VCR that is junk and should be thrown away or if there is a solution.

Unregistered guest
I purchased a 14" mag tv when turning off with remote after a while it will come back on. If you turn it off with the power button it will stay off. I returned it at another store. The second TV does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

tinu
Unregistered guest
I have a phillips magavox big screen tv and it has started to act up. Frist the remote started to act up and now the tv screen when you turn it on is not showing the picture. Instead it is showing the channel in distorded colors what could be the problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2128
Post in the TV forum.

Unregistered guest
I have teh same problem with the cst in light flashing and the tape won't eject. I unplugged it for several hours. Still wont go on for more than a couple of seconds and light is still flashing and still wont eject. What's a guy to do?

Unregistered guest
I have a Philips Magnavox Smart Series Model 19PR19C121 when TV is turned on piture comes on but also on screen is Channels Blocked, Movie Ratings,Parental Guideline,Block Unrated Off and Block No Rating Off. Don't have original remote using new universal remote but cannot get into menu any help appreciated.

underdog
Unregistered guest
hi just bought a 27in magnavox and the darn thing keeps turning itself on every 15min.any ideas how to stop this/thanks

underdog
Unregistered guest
hi just bought a 27in magnavox and the darn thing keeps turning itself on every 15min.any ideas how to stop this/thanks

Unregistered guest
i have the same problem with vcr. it flashes a2 and won't eject the tape. i have tried upluging it,it didin't work. please help.

Unregistered guest
i have the same problem with vcr. it flashes a2 and won't eject the tape. i have tried upluging it,it didin't work. please help.

in the dark
Unregistered guest
I have three 19" Magnavox televisions that are around 10-15 years old. They all work fine, except that when I try to brighten the pictures, the factory preset sign comes on and the picture remains dark. This started within the last few months on all of them. What can I do???

Unregistered guest
i have a brand new magnavox vcr and i am trying to copy something from my camcorder to a vhs tape, for some reason the input jacks do not seem to work at all, the camcorder works fine directly into the tv but not through the vcr. any suggestions??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2346
Set the VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
i have no idea how to set the vcr to line it is a magnavox msc-455

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels till you get to line.

Username: Berle

Snow hill, Nc

I have a magnavox 20"(25b505-00AA). The tv was playing fine during the day. I stepped out for about a little while (tv on) and when I got back the screen was black and it was making a humming/buzzing noise. I have had this tv for about 10 years. Can you help?

Unregistered guest
I have a philips magnovox and the smartlock is on. I do not know how it got on but now can not watch certain stations. Could anyone tell me how to fix this. Help......

Username: Carjac8

i just got a1995 magnavox projection tv.no owners manual. want to connect external speakers but on screen instructions say to read owners manual. any help is appreciated.

Username: Sandersmatz

I have a 1994 Magnavox model #25TRC10101.It keeps scrolling through a promotional message saying "this will be your next television..." and then it runs through all the functions it has. I don't have the original television remote and the universal I have does nothing. The buttons on the television don't work either. Can anyone help?

Username: Brandilova

dear liz- after a day of reasearching i finnally called the magnavox center and they referred me to a shop where i would have to PAY to get it fix ( i had the EXACT same problem as you) i got fed up and pushed some of the buttons lol and it shut off, the power button then worked and it was fixed, for FREE (i pressed the up channel button and the up volume button at the same time) hope this helps!

Username: Mstein66

I have a Magnavox Projection TV Model # 55P8288 / Chassis # PTV910 that I bought in 2002; my sound is not working properly and goes in and out. All the connections are good from other devices and I even hook up another TV to see if it was the cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Username: Mstein66

Post Number: 2
I have a Magnavox Projection TV Model # 55P8288 / Chassis # PTV910 that I bought in 2002; my sound is not working properly and goes in and out. All the connections are good from other devices and I even hook up another TV to see if it was the cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Username: Byusmurf

Solution to Flashing "PL" on Magnavox VCR

The Child Lock has been activated!
To Cancel - press the VCR button, then press and HOLD the POWER button on the remote control for five seconds... until the VCR turns on!

Username: Ekoorb2004

i have a 60'' magnavox projection screen tv and it will not do anything turn on no sound anything didnt go blurry before shut off or anything just went to turn on next morning and did nothing please help!!!!!!

Username: Daisies

i have a Magnavox 20MS233S 20" TV. It has only two av jacks, white and yellow. Each time i connect my dvd player to the tv, all i get is sound...no picture. I tried a different dvd player and got the same results. What to do? The tv didnt come with a remote, and i use a universal one which is working fine. is that the problem? pls help!!!

Username: Cdonovan1216

I have had my Magnavox 20MS233S for a year now. Ever since the second month since I have had it, it develops a habit of turning on CC2 after several hours being off. I have tried everything to get it to stop. Does anyone know how to stop it?

Username: Selfdestruct

my magnavox only has red and black colors coming on... the picture is recieved ok just no other colors appear

Username: Pnrockchk

I have a magnavox model# CRMO91AT01, that someone gave to me, sound works fine but I can't seem to get a picture to show up, help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us