Hook TV sound to amplifier?

Username: Rado89

Post Number: 1
Hi there. I hope im in the right section. So, im experiencing some problem with my new plasma tv. The only audio out on the tv is optical. Theres no any outs, either for video or audio. Is this normal. My stereo amplifier isnt edge of tech, so you can figure it that there isnt optical in. So the question is - how to bond them if i can say so. tx in advance and hope theres some solution for me

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 370
I find it extremely odd that your TV has no audio outputs of any kind other than optical.

But if you say so...

You have no options except to buy an amplifier with optical audio input.

Post Number: 2
And that sounds to me extremely expensive and stupid. Thanks man, i appreciate it.
Peace !

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 371
"stupid" ????

how so, exactly????

YOU have a better solution????

What is stupid is you claiming that the TV has no audio outputs

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4248
If you watch ads you can get a new receiver for around $100. Look on craigslist and you can probably find one cheaper than that.

The audio difference between a digital input and analog inputs is definitely worth the money. Just know that you'll only get 5.1 out of the TV when using the TV tuner. If using an HDMI input you won't get 5.1, just 2 channel.

Post Number: 3
ieee488, i didint mean the idea is stupid, dont get me wrong. I mean the whole concept of lack of audio outs is stupid and the manufacturer is stupid to make as buy useless gadgets. Sorry if i insulted you thou.

David Massey ill think about what you suggested. Thanks!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us