Optoma DLP losing colors

Username: Mx21

Post Number: 1
I've had my Optoma 739 DLP projector for about 2 years now. Up until now it's worked fine. Then the other day, while we were watching, the colors started flickering and then went away. The picture is still nice and bright, but it's now grayscale, except with very faint pink and green tinges. Powering it off and back on restored the colors, but after a few minutes they went away again. I know it's not the input video or cable, because even the on-screen menu has no color.

I don't understand how a DLP would do that. Anyone have an ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 31
How often do you use your projector??

Have you checked out your lamp??
The standard lamp life is only 3000 hours...

And BRO.. Optoma 739 Dlp projector have a warranty of only two years..

Username: Mx21

Post Number: 2
Your reply comes about 3 years late. I ended up scrapping the Optoma 739 and replaced it with an Optoma HD70. The HD70 is still going strong and still on the first bulb.

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 37
OWh.. Really....
Well.. its good

Username: Zobeii77

Pakistan

Post Number: 8
You will never guess what some lamps do as they approach death. They put out colors in the spectrum other than the pure white intended. Try the new lamp first.
It's amazing what we get used to over time.

Username: Caigoose10

Post Number: 1
If you are interested in helping with a spring cleaning day just subscribe to the blog or keep up with us on our facebook page. north face denali jackets. Once things start blooming we will have some work to do. In the meantime, go ride or run one of these trails. It’s a blast.

This morning I ran. I was chased only by my own desire to participate in an outdoor experience. You see, I don’t like running, I never have. I started running when I was in the Navy a long, long time ago. I’d run in circles on the flight deck of my ship. It was a chance to get out of my steel encased office and get some sunshine and fresh air. I was soon part of a club (I knew it was a club because we got t-shirts) of sailors who had run over 100 miles on that steel flight deck. It took me a couple of months on one of our deployments but I was proud to have done it. Still, I hated running cheap north face. http://www.northface-cheap.org
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us