ISP question.

Bronze Member
Username: Multimedia

Post Number: 52
quick question,,,
is Bell any good as an ISP?
what about people using IKS ? via bell line ?
anyone here on ecoustics have Bell as an isp?
thanks ....for.....any help.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18801
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13701
ab

Now Bell provide a very fast Internet and very stable but used them for get their channels free is not a very good idea!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
nalin may be you are right.
plymouth i heard they are good but i hate the cap. i need unlimited access.
i don't understand how people with IKs (receiver) could ever be happy with isp who offer limited GB ratio.
by the way is sympatico still with Bell?

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 106
bell internet slow

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 811
Sympatico is the former name of what is now called Bell Internet.

My plan (7.5 mbps) allows for 60GB of data download each month. For $45 all taxes and modem included.

I called that unlimited access ! Over 60GB I agree that ISP's charge a penalty. Anyone that use more than that can be called hogs anyway !

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 812
Bell Intenet uses Canada's Bell Nexia fiber backbone. No one, hear this, no one can offer more bandwidth and speed in this country.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
outer limit ...thanks for the info. i read about bell nexia.
lot of people uses 3 - 5 pc's in home . diffrent use . online university -movies- torrent exchange-etc. etc. and for family like that 50gb 75gb is nothing .
this is the reason i want to make sure i get unlimited access. i kind of like 12Fibe but cap/ putting me off.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18803
Acanac is retailer of Bell Sympatico at $19 per month (prepay 1 year) inc taxes. 4.2 mbps speed is typical in an area where Bel was giving maximum 3 mbps. There is no monthly limit on downloads. All service calls are handled by Bell. Modem is extra - buy from them for about $60 or use your own from other sources.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13703
ab

I have 100 gig with Orecom and sometime 5 computers on it then I have never paid for extra!

For sure you have to limit your download, Bell block the extreme downloaders!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
nalin...
since i haven't heard from anyone here who is actually using acanac so i am little curious. ( are you using it ?)
they don't have 19$ plan but they have $24.95 /12 month Residential High Speed Internet.5mbps
next plan is Business High Speed Internet which is 29.95/12month.
6mbps
the thing is let's say you pay upfront 12month and after few days they put you back on below 2mbps or less . because i have dealt with # of isp and only one thing i could say is SCUM.

plymouth really ? 5pc and never above 100gb cap?
wowo !! you are not hooked up to your neighbour are you ???
haaaahaaa ( kidding) un sourire

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18806
Acanac has been around for at least 6 years or more. They have physical location in Mississauga. They also have web hosting, and are active in USA.
They are straightford retailers to Bell. So if Bell cuts the speed then they have no option but to cut. They get service from Bell, i.e. you call Acanac for service and Bell appears at your door next day.
They had a $18.95 service - a promo which now has gone to $24.95/month, 1 year advance payment.
"Please be aware that not all areas support 5Mps speeds. The closer you are to the CO the faster you will go.
If you're not happy with your speed you're more than welcome to take advantage of our 30 day money back guarantee."

Their main weakness over Bell is that at weekends, you are forced to send an email for any service - How are you going to send an email if your service is down? Over a period of 4 years my friend has had 5 service calls and 1 at weekend, all attended to in the same way as Ma Bell's service.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13711
ab

We never download movie even if I can download a 5 GB's movie in 25 minutes!

5 computers, a DVD, a X-Box, a Wii and a i-Phone are connected!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us