Post Number: 6825
any one tried this remote..
does this work with fta rec?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13174
sada

This remote is fully programmable, surely it work on all fta receivers but is it work with new TV's using more complex coding?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6826
ok. yes i have new tv so should be fine...thx...

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1480
i have a harmony remote. They are absolutely amazing.

You simply connect them to your pc and choose your devices. One button will turn everything on the way you like it (including inputs/outputs etc.).

It works perfectly fine with the FTA recs. I have it programmed for 2 boxes and has every feature available.

It can also learn commands from your remote.

Really good remotes (Harmony in general).

Gold Member

Post Number: 6827
thx you mr skullz

Gold Member

Post Number: 6832
Mr skullz just got a remote, have few question..
lets say u wanna switch b.w sattelite and /fta i don't see any souce button or device button where i can switch.. pls help

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1486
Have you configured all of your devices from the Logitech desktop manager? You have to connect the remote to your computer via usb cable and add your current devices.
Then you have to configure your inputs and outputs for your devices thru the Logitech desktop manager. Once you do that and update your remote, you have to click on 'Activities' on the remote and choose whichever activity you assigned.

It is very simple.

Regarding the source button (or any button that is found on a typle device remote), you have to click on 'Device' on the remote and choose the device which you want to control manually.

I'm not sure if Im answering your question. If i'm not, please be a little more specific and i will try my best to help you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6833
thx you mr skullz for response , i already setup my remote,
so here is what i did
setup tv
setup cnx nano2
and bell rec..

they all work fine , but i have to press source button ,through my tv's original remote, lets say if i wanna watch bell, i have to press a source button on my original tv remote , to change the input to av2,
and then i use my harmony remote and it works fine, changing channels etc..
more activities only have 2 button watch tv or listen to music..

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1487
Thats the thing! You don't have to manually hit the source button from the TV remote. When you assign an activity, you have to select which inputs are being used.

For example - I have an activity name 'Watch TV'. When I hit that activity, my TV automatically turns on, goes to my HDMI input, my audio receiver turns on and goes to the correct input, and my sat receiver turns on. All of this happens with the press of only 1 button (or 2 including activities).

If you are manually hitting the source button, connect the remote to your computer again and set it up again. I think you are either skipping a step or missing it somehow but its definitely there where you setup activities.

Also, you can have many many more activities setup in that remote. Those two are there just for examples. Numerous activities can be setup and i think my remote can work with like 10 electronics per activity (something like that).

Once you get used to this remote (harmony series), trust me, you will not go back to the original ones lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6836
mr skullz pls check ur pm

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1491
pm me ur email.

Also update your remote. Let me know how it worked out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us