Kbox New file 218 advisory

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18148
kboxkhub.org is advising as of now NOT to install the new file 218. Stay with file 217 till they change the message at the
kboxkhub site

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 849
I am testing the .bin. Its working ok, If you want to keep the same ch. use delete ch. If you wants to have new chan, and looose some use factory default,
but I am using bin kboxprodi, 218 20100218 2 post at satfix.net

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 311
Is that site "official".????

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18149
The latest advisory from kboxkhub.org is that the problems of 2.18 BIN on kbox are confined to Dish Pro and Dish Pro plus with DP34 or DP44. They are now advising that channels loss on the Dishpro LNB of horizontal channels.
So it seems it is safe to install on non Dishpro LNB set ups.

Having read this advisory, I remebreed that Dish Pro LNBs require adjustment to published horizontal frequencies. Obviously the coders could not put in two different sets of LNBs, so they have used the regular list. If you have a Dish pro LNB, here is how to re configure it, and I think you would be able to use the Dish Pro LNB with 2.18.
See my next post.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18151
This applies to DishPro LNBs only. If you have any other LNB, you do not need to change the TP frequencies.

If you look at the tp for each ch and one is V and one is H then likely you have DP lnb's and your getting regular and bandstacked. If this is true and you want the best possible scan/EPG do this. Go to lyngsat dot com get freq for sat tps then in channel scan menu check each manualy but for each horizonal subtract the # of the TP from 25600 and change it to vertical. Note: Lyngsat lists tps as L or R as opposed to H and V. Deal with it!

Take and manualy change each horizontal by subtracting its number from 25600 and changing it to vertical. Its called bandstacking.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18153
I can't test any of the above information. If anybody has a DPP LNB, and a Kbox, they could test and inform everybody of the findings.
Also if any of you are members of kboxkhub site, you could inform them about this simple solutions that has existed for over 5 years for the horizontal TPs on DPP LNBs.

Silver Member
Username: Hardwarecrazy

Post Number: 177
Nali, thanks for the info you had provided.
However,
Can you provide info on what exactly 218 accomplishes that is not present in 217?
In other words, why care to install 218 at all?

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Nalin, thanks for the info you had provided.
However,
Can you provide info on what exactly 218 accomplishes that is not present in 217?
In other words, why care to install 218 at all?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18158
The new file 218 is supposed to reduce freezing. However, the same amount of freezing is reported.
I think you should still do the new factory BIN 181 and then 218 on top of it and reset and rescan. This might be more resistent to ECMs if they come. At present that is the only advantage I can see in installing the 181/218 combo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
I concur with what you say.
I think 181 is a preparatory step for a full public future release, that may "come at any time". Would you agree with that assessment?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18162
Yep.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 851
cp.
quick step-by-step:

1. Factory Reset
2. load "Factory File 1.81"
3. Factory Reset
4. load "BIN File 2.18"
5. Factory Reset
6. check "System Information" to verify new BIN File version.
7. check options turn off all AU and make sure MODE is set to Network
8. set Time Settings
9. set satellites properties and scan satellites to fetch Channels.

Those with problems with 119 and using OCS-DP, use Legacy Twin LNB1. There might be a setting wrong with the new BIN file. Should be fixed with another update.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18167
Good post, Juan. I don't have a kbox to test with now. Can you give instructions on how to put in new TPs (converting horizintal to vertical) for DPP owners?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us