Mitsubishi CK35402 Horizontal Line Only (Vert Deflection)

Username: Jamesdean

Post Number: 2
hey everyone,

I have a mid 90s CK35402 35" console tv, I have had it for about two years myself. When I received it the picture was rolling (bad PIP board) I bypassed it with some capacitors and everything was ok. A week ago my sister turned it on and all that was on the screen was a horizontal line. I posted up about this on www.tv-forums.com but the site is dead now. They said that I had lost vertical deflection and to check this that or the other thing. (I cant remember exactly what as the site is down). I discovered the IC401 (LA7838) was bad (warped section of the casing) replaced it (NTE7039) no luck. Then I saw some capacitors in front of it that looked suspect, so I replaced those as well. Still no luck. Someone had posted up this fix tip that looked like it came from a Mitsubishi service manual. Something about checking a pin on IC401 and if the voltage wasn't this suspect an open coil. Then if that was ok check this voltage and if it is not the given value replace this IC chip.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 37
Wow....want a job.....you covered the basics and then some....Really impressed about the PIP jump out.....
Time to get a schmatic...you are very close to solving your problem....we had a lot of problems with the capacitors leaking trace amounts and ruining the traces on the pcb...also...don't discount a bad NEW vert IC...it happens...
jr

Username: Underdog4585

MI Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi i am new to this form and I am looking for the service manual for the mitsubishi CK-35402 and i am new on Tvs and i got a free tv not form work but its free and I am tring to fix it for my self and just woundering if any one has the service manual for it and able to send it to dogman4585@hotmail.com

Username: Ajunkala

Manteca, CA USA

Post Number: 1
i have a 93 ck35402 and my picture is shrinking. any1 no what the cause of this is n how can i get it fixed and where?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us