How to hide your IP

Silver Member
Username: Jowhar

Post Number: 314
Is there way you can hide your IP? My friend told me that he can hide my ip like same where in China

Username: Fuglyb1tch_

Post Number: 5
you can use a proxy to spoof your ip... but this will only cover you as far as said proxy unfortunately the way the internet works at some point you have to have your ip traceable and routable on the public internet

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 4215

http://rapidshare.com/files/231445361/ProxyShell_Hide_IP.rarHide

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17236
Look into a service called "dynamic DNS."
If you choose a dynamic DNS server outside of USA (there are several free such services,) it might work.
Google "dynamic DNS"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
^^^^ more BS dyndns...has absolutely nothing to do with hiding your IP address. Dynamic DNS just rolls the IP associated with a domain name, when the users IP rolls .....

wow impressive.

Bronze Member
Username: Nobodys_sister

Post Number: 22
Please come home nobody. We miss you. Especially dad who Is heartbroken.

Bronze Member
Username: Scatman

Post Number: 74
The only way you can completely hide your IP is not to use the Internet. Period.

Bronze Member
Username: Jjjohnson

Anchorage, Alaska USA

Post Number: 17
Scatman
Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 08:55 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only way you can completely hide your IP is not to use the Internet. Period.

Agree

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17241
Jowhar: First of all, I would like you to know that nobody is a nobody who is just here to obstruct me.
Scatman is giving a reasoned opinion, but I think he is wrong, and I am addressing this post as much to him as to you.

The following is straight from Wikipaedia, except for one change marked in bold.
"An example of use is a home user who wishes to access a computer on a home network while travelling. The user may be supplied with a different IP address every time an Internet connection to the service provider is made, so there is no stable address to connect to. If a DDNS service is used to associate a fixed address to a device, then the user can, for example, establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to the network using that address. As a detailed example, the IP address can be 123.234.111.112 one day, 123.124.45.15 the next, but the DDNS address will always be, say, scatman.dnsd.be . A remote control program such as VNC server can be left running on a machine in the network; the user can connect to the network by establishing a password-protected VPN to myhome.ddns.org, then connect to the machine using a VNC client program."

I deliberately used an international url in the above example, and suggested that if scatman wants to register there at 5 euros per year, he can.
There are many (too many) dynamic DNS services, and as such, a lot of free services fail or just disappear. By choosing a low cost service you are less likely to have to change it.
For a list of available services Click here

I have not used these services and I may not be 100% right. You might also be faced with a 4 second additional delay. They say, "proof of the pudding is in the eating" and "it does not hurt to try". You can also first try a free service to get the feel of it. Try to stick to off-shore TLDs to check out the time delays.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
@ Nalin you said

Jowhar: First of all, I would like you to know that nobody is a nobody who is just here to obstruct me.

Ummm I might be a nobody...but at least I can read dumbsh*t....the original poster is asking how to hide their ip... and you go on some senseless rant about dyndns, and how a user can access their PC from anywhere in the world siting wikipedia references...

Dude PROXY not dyndns, buddy is trying to hide his ip.... THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DYNDNS wow seriously no one can be this thick...either you are dumb as mud on a stick, or you are just nuts with a serious psychological disorder.

Nalin question...seriously do you even read what people post here...or just post random BS, to up your post count?

Also Scatman is absolutely correct, you believe ddns hides your address post your ddns address here, and I will resolve your ip in >32ms using this new thing they are putting in operating systems called ping..(insert sarcasm here)

Bronze Member
Username: Razz

Post Number: 18
I would use a resident proxy like Hide My IP rather then an anonymous proxy

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/?id=109&c=4876

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 310
I had an individual try to hack my computer a few years back. I traced it back to the Vatican! Do I really think the Pope was trying to hack me, lol, or maybe it was a reroute, who knows. You can do it, hide your ip, but I don't know anyone I would trust to show me how.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17247
Generally I would prefer a service that is located off-shore.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4224

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17250
In conclusion, I would say, that if you use an off-shore Dynamic DNS service, you have a very good chance of hiding your IP from attacks of most kinds.
Just as gmail, hotmail, and yahoo are prone to attacks because of their popularity, so it is likely that the very popular free services will be more prone to hacking than the low cost paid services that do not have a very large following.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Think what you will...I know for a fact you can not completely hide an IP address. I have a relative that works for the CIA and I, too, retired from the gov't Dept of Information Technology. I know about some of the tools available that the general public do not have access to.

Have you never wondered how the gov't tracks a hack attack to the computer that did the dirty work even tho it was done by a very experienced hacker?

Given, there are ways to hide your IP from the average person. If the right source wants to find you, you can not hide. I guarantee it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4228
"I have a relative that works for the CIA and I, too, retired from the gov't Dept of Information Technology."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
I offered a gift in the form of a bit of useful advice here. Believe what you will. Some will laugh and joke about it. Others will wonder why file servers are in countries that the long arm of the US law can not touch. For those with the intelligence of an earth worm, those servers are there because no matter how much they try to hide their location they are not that difficult to locate. As for hiding a home computer with a "hidden" IP...good luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 4230
Hey i'm just having fun Scatman. I believe you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17254
Scatman: I have no doubt you are trying to give and giving useful and serious information.
I am trying to stay with the initial question - hiding an IP - I am not concerned with the reason for it. Therefore I made a guarded statement (not an absolute one)
"if you use an off-shore Dynamic DNS service, you have a very good chance of hiding your IP from attacks of most kinds."

Silver Member
Username: Last_supper

Rush is a HO-MO

Post Number: 309
You are wrong again Nalin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
I did stay within the parameters of the subject topic.

My last word on this is if you think you can hide your IP in any way you are only fooling yourself. Here is some advice...take the money spent on a secure proxy and spend it on lottery tickets or Las Vegas. Both are a game. The latter will not get you in trouble.

There is no useful point in me adding to this topic.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4233
how about a nice picture then.

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 951
Scatman!! Your IQ is to high for this forum

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Nalin repeat after me.,....Dynamic DNS has nothign to do with hiding an IP address,dynamic dns has nothing to do with hiding an ip address. Do this over and over again until it finally sinks in...

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1960
She (NN) must be drinking camel piss again...Paki moonshine....

Bronze Member
Username: John_mosby

Virgina USA

Post Number: 30
You guys are funny.
I see why they call you the FUN BUNCH

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17256
When you IP keeps on changing your IP address every now and then and you want people on the Internet to be able to contact you via one IP address, you sign up with a Dynamic DNS service.
"Dynamic DNS has nothing to do with hiding an IP address"
That way any server contacing you knows your IP address. If you sign up with an off-shore DNS service, you are identified by their server address - if you pay for it. Their server address is, of course, recognized as an off-shore server address.
If there are servers off-shore sending you packets they will be sending them to that off-shore IP address. The off-shore dynamic DNS server will then send these to your real current ever-changing IP address.
That off-shore Dynamic DNS server has a lot of other clients to contact - all with very different packets coming to and fro.

However, as nobody said,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17259
For security reasons many of the FTA forums have moved to off-shore servers.
You also can move your IP to an off-shore server, such as an offsure Dynamic DNS service, which gives you a "name" of your choice under their IP.
Of course, "Dynamic DNS has nothing to do with hiding an IP address"

These dynamic DNS services are governed by their own country's laws. They are no expected to reveal anybody's IP address unless compelled to by their own Courts.

Any civilized country can genrally ask another country for vital information. This is given off and on for reasons of enforcement of very serious type of criminal offenses only.

Having an IP address in another country is not even a civil offense. Having a foreign server get IP packets from another foreign server is not an offense in that country or your country.

However, as nobody said,

On your internet at home, you are getting all kinds of packets coming in - some are yours some are viruses, ets., etc. Your firewall and anti virus software takes care of these, invisible to you.
In any case, "Dynamic DNS has nothing to do with hiding an IP address"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17260
nobody who is just a nobody at this forum said:
"Nalin repeat after me.,....Dynamic DNS has nothign to do with hiding an IP address,dynamic dns has nothing to do with hiding an ip address. Do this over and over again until it finally sinks in..."

I have repeated it again and again, for it to finally sink in into nobody's mind. I doubt though if the information about Dynamic DNS has even seepped into his/her mind, let alone sink in properly.

Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 1
its because I can actually differentiate between dyn dns and a proxy so I ask you again, if your IP is hidden by dyndns, how is it possible for someone to connect to their home computer from anywhere in the world like in your earlier given example nalin....rather then go cry to the mods prove me wrong. As I said earlier post your dyndns.... lets see if I can resolve your IP

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17271
The following help item is from my latest router. Similar one is a part of two other routers I have owned in the last 7 years.

"Block ICMP Ping
Computer hackers use what is known as "Pinging" to find potential victims on the Internet. By pinging a specific IP address and receiving a response from the IP address, a hacker can determine that something of interest might be there. The Router can be set up so it will not respond to an ICMP Ping from the outside. This heightens the level of security of your Router. To turn off the ping response, select "Block ICMP Ping" and click "Apply Changes". The router will not respond to an ICMP ping. "

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17272
This is what my Router help area says:

Dynamic DNS allows you to provide Internet users with a fixed domain name (instead of an IP address which may periodically change), allowing your router and applications set up in your router's virtual servers to be accessed from various locations on the Internet without knowing your current IP address

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 688
Thread: How to hide your IP

Scatman................The only way you can completely hide your IP is not to use the Internet. Period.

33 posts 9 posted by Nalin Nyda
Post after post by people that know,
telling him that he is wrong
but will not let it rest

What a fuckiing nut case.

Post Number: 2
dear god....
you are basing your argument on the help section of a Belkin router... sweet zombie jesus some people are just not too bright.

Dude the whole allowing your router and applications set up in your router's virtual servers to be accessed from various locations on the Internet without knowing your current IP address bit....just means that YOU the end user, or someone else on the accessing your virtual servers etc etc, don't need to know the current IP of your box. Because the DynDNS provides you with a URL redirect to that whichever IP your provider has given you for that session

It doesn't hide it if anything it makes it easy to see, because it creates a DNS A Record for your IP .

And the whole thing about blocking ping requests heightening the security of you router....1) its not true, 2) even if your router is blocking pings, it doesn't matter....BECAUSE THE DAMN DYNDNS PROVIDER HAS CREATED A DNS A RECORD FOR YOUR IP ....

heres an example lets say I just set up my new dyndns service and and now I open up terminal and run a test

ping nalinisanidiot.dyndns.com

the first line you would get back would be

Pinging nalinisanidiot.dyndns.com [ipaddress] with 32 bytes of data:

if you setup the router to block ping requests I would get back a ping request time out... so even though I cannot ping you I know something is there, because i did not get a host not found error. Plus I woudl have your IP

Once again DynDNS is for associating a friendly URL name with a computer that has a dynamic ip address from an ISP, PRoxy is to mask /hide your ip address. }

Silver Member

Rush is a HO-MO

Post Number: 312
Thank you for correcting Nalin again nobody!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17273
If citizen-joe has a static IP address, the DNS record at

secret-name.foreigndns.ch (hypothetical name and hypothetical DNS service) will have the actual permanent IP of citizen-joe account at Sympatico.ca

If citizen-joe has a dynamic IP address, the DNS record at

secret-name.foreigndns.ch will have the actual changing IP of
citizen-joe account at Sympatico.ca

The Internet will only have the IP address of foreigndns.ch
The server at foreigndns.ch will send packets to an IP address it has for citizen-joe in its records.
The server at foreigndns.ch does not keep records of the ever changing real (but dynamic) IP address of citizen-joe account at Sympatico.ca; it only has the last (current) IP address.

A legal inquiry from a foreign country i.e. a country foreign to the .ch TLD (Switzerland) will not be answered unless there is formal request because of a serious criminal offense. Up till recently large Bank accounts could not be accessed, then they could be accessed on money laundering charges and lately for tax evasion. Even these lately available access reasons may not be applicable to many other TLDs.

A law enforcement agency in North America has the capacity to hack the server at foreigndns.ch if they want to, but they would have to have very good reason to do that - it is like CIA plotting to overthrow a foreign regime - they have the ability, but it is done very rarely.
Why would any law enforcement authority ask foreigndns.ch for information on secret-name.foreigndns.ch?
They do not know that citizen-joe, who has an account at Sympatico.ca has created an account named
secret-name.foreigndns.ch. What reason they would give to even look at citizen-joe records at Sympatico.ca? It is one thing to know that a particular server right in Canada or USA, known to be a naughty one, is sending packets to a certain (dynamic address) at Sympatico.ca, and there could be some suspicious traffic. But a server in Switzerland, which is sending all kinds of different packages to different addresses in the world - that server would not be targeted - very unlikely.

I categorically state that there is a high chance or likelyhood of hiding your IP applicable to your needs for such by having a paid off-shore dynamic DNS service
In the above example, your real current IP address is only available to foreigndns.ch and to the internet as an account holder of sympatico.ca. Your special name secret-name.foreigndns.ch is only available to the servers at
foreigndns.ch
You people keep on bringing Ping and other methodologies and I have already discounted those.

1. Off-shore file server in the past was considered by YOU ALL as great.
2. Off-shore IKS server is considered very good by YOU ALL.
3. Why would anybody dispute that a Off-shore IKS server sending data to an Off-shore Dynamic DNS provider or a Off-shore user subaccount, and then this server sending packet to an account in North America - why would anybody dispute such an additional security. It is beyond logic and comprehension. Therefore the only conclusion is that the information came from Nalin, target of your venom at any cost, who you enjoy showering with your stupid, idiotic, highly crazy, bashings and games.

Q. E. D.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3489
Dynamic DNS is a method, protocol, or network service that provides the capability for a networked device, such as a router or computer system using the Internet Protocol Suite, to notify a domain name server to change, in real time (ad-hoc) the active DNS configuration of its configured hostnames, addresses or other information stored in DNS.

A popular application of dynamic DNS is to provide a residential user's Internet gateway that has a variable, often changing, IP address with a well known hostname resolvable by network applications through standard DNS queries.

Dynamic DNS providers provide a software client program that automates the discovery and registration of client's public IP addresses. The client program is executed on a computer or device in the private network. It connects to the service provider's systems and causes those systems to link the discovered public IP address of the home network with a hostname in the domain name system. Depending on the provider, the hostname is registered within a domain owned by the provider or the customer's own domain name. These services can function by a number of mechanisms. Often they use an HTTP service request since even restrictive environments usually allow HTTP service. This group of services is commonly also referred to by the term Dynamic DNS, although it is not the standards-based DNS Update method. However, the latter might be involved in the providers systems.

Most home networking routers today have this feature already built into their firmware. One of the early routers to support Dynamic DNS was the UMAX UGate-3000 in 1999, which supported the TZO.COM dynamic DNS service.[1]

An example of use is a home user who wishes to access a computer on a home network while travelling. The user may be supplied with a different IP address every time an Internet connection to the service provider is made, so there is no stable address to connect to. If a DDNS service is used to associate a fixed address to a device, then the user can, for example, establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to the network using that address. As a detailed example, the IP address can be 123.234.111.112 one day, 123.124.45.15 the next, but the DDNS address will always be, say, myhome.ddns.org. A remote control program such as VNC server can be left running on a machine in the network; the user can connect to the network by establishing a password-protected VPN to myhome.ddns.org, then connect to the machine using a VNC client program.

In Microsoft Windows networks, Dynamic DNS is an integral part of Active Directory, because domain controllers register their network service types in DNS so that other computers in the Domain (or Forest) can access them.

Increasing efforts to secure Internet communications today involve encryption of all dynamic updates via the public Internet, as these public dynamic DNS services have been abused increasingly to design security breaches. Standards-based methods within the DNSSEC protocol suite, such as TSIG, have been developed to secure DNS updates, but are not widely in use. Microsoft developed alternative technology (GSS-TSIG) based on Kerberos authentication.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17274
You left and came back and left and came back and

You left and came back & left and came back
You left and came back & left and came back
You left and came back &left and came back

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3490
History
In the initial stages of the Internet (ARPANET, NSFNet) addressing of hosts on the network was achieved by static translation tables that mapped hostnames to IP addresses. The Domain Name System brought a method of distributing the same address information automatically online through recursive queries to remote databases configured for each network, or domain. Even this DNS facility still used static lookup tables at each participating node. IP addresses, once assigned to a particular host, rarely changed and the mechanism was initially sufficient. However, the rapid growth of the Internet and the proliferation of personal computers in the workplace and in homes created the substantial burden for administrators of keeping track of assigned IP addresses and managing their address space. The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) allowed enterprises and Internet service providers (ISPs) to assign addresses to computers on the fly as they powered up. In addition, this helped conserve the address space available, since not all devices might be actively used at all times and addresses could be assigned as needed. This feature required that DNS servers be kept current automatically as well. The first implementations of dynamic DNS fulfilled this purpose: Host computers gained the feature to notify their respective DNS server of the address they had received from a DHCP server or through self-configuration. This protocol-based DNS update method was documented and standardized in IETF publication RFC 2136 in 1997 and has become a standard part of the DNS protocol (see also nsupdate program).

The explosive growth and proliferation of the Internet into people's homes brought a growing shortage of available IP addresses. DHCP became an important tool for ISPs as well to manage their address spaces for connecting home and small-business end-users with a single IP address each by connecting them through a Network Address Translation (NAT) router. Behind these routers (in the private network) it was possible to reuse address space set aside for these purposes (RFC 1918). This, however, broke the end-to-end principle of Internet architecture and methods were required to allow private networks, masqueraded by frequently changing IP addresses, to discover their routable 'outside' address and insert it into the domain name system in order to participate in Internet communications more fully. Today, numerous providers, called Dynamic DNS service providers, offer such technology and services on the Internet.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3491
Question: Can You Hide Your Public IP Address?
When connecting to the Internet, your home computer (or network router) is assigned a public IP address. As you visit Web sites or other Internet servers, that public IP address is transmitted and recorded in log files kept on those servers. Access logs leave behind a trail of your Internet activity. If it were possible to somehow hide your public IP address, your Internet activity would become much more difficult to trace.
Answer: Unfortunately, it is not technically possible to always hide the public IP address of a home network. An IP address enables devices to locate and communicate with each other on the Internet. Completely hiding the IP address of a device would render it invisible but also unusable online.
On the other hand, it is possible to hide public IP addreseses from most Internet servers in most situations. This method involves an Internet service called an anonymous proxy server.

Anonymous Proxy Servers
An anonymous proxy server ("proxy") is a special type of server that acts as an intermediary between a home network and the rest of the Internet. An anonymous proxy server makes requests for Internet information on your behalf, using its own IP address instead of yours. Your computer only accesses Web sites indirectly, through the proxy server. This way, Web sites will see the proxy's IP address, not your home IP address.

Using an anonymous proxy server requires a simple configuration of the Web browser (or other Internet client software that supports proxies). Proxies are identified by a combination of URL and TCP port number.

Numerous free anonymous proxy servers exist on the Internet, open for anyone to use. These servers may have bandwidth traffic limits, may suffer from reliability or speed problems, or might permanently disappear from the Internet without notice. Such servers are most useful for temporary or experimental purposes.

Anonymous proxy services that charge fees in return for better quality of service also exist. These services are designed for regular use by households.

Hiding Your IP Address - Related Tools
Several related software tools (both free and paid versions) support anonymizing proxies. The Firefox extension called "switchproxy," for example, supports defining a pool of proxy servers in the Web browser and automatically switching between them at regular time intervals. In general, these tools help you both find proxies and also simplify the process of configuring and using them.
The ability to hide an IP address increases your privacy on the Internet. Other approaches to improving Internet privacy also exist and complement each other. Managing Web browser cookies, using encryption when sending personal information, running a firewall and other techniques all contribute toward a greater feeling of safety and security when going online.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3492
NALIN GROW UP GROW UP GROW UP GROW UP GROW UP GROW UP GROW UP GROW UPGROW UP ETC>>>>

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3493
.How to Surf Without Leaving a Trace
Worried that someone may be looking over your shoulder--in the virtual sense--as you browse the Web? If so, you don't have to be an online agoraphobe any longer: New tools from old hands in Web privacy will let you surf with complete anonymity.

A certain degree of paranoia about the Web is justified. Advertisers track Web surfers all the time, planting cookies that track you as you surf from site to site so they can see what you want and where you go.

Proxy servers, such as the Safeproxy CGIProxy, have been around for years. These sites open another site, say, Amazon.com, in a pane of the proxy. That way, Amazon won't see your IP address and the proxy can block ads and some cookies.

But proxy sites still allow destination sites to implant some ad cookies and Web bugs--the two most common tracking devices--on your system. Worse, many proxies are just too slow.

New browser plug-ins block far more than just your IP address. Both Anonymizer.com's Private Surfing ($30 per year, limited-feature free version) and Zero-Knowledge's Freedom WebSecure ($50 per year) promise to make you invisible to everyone on the Internet. Each product will encrypt transmissions between your computer and Web sites, scramble URLs so that they can't be seen by administrators, disable the tracking function of cookies (while still letting them save preferences or perform automatic log-in at Web sites that use cookies for those purposes), and block some--though not all--advertising banners and graphics.

The plug-ins work only with Internet Explorer versions 5 and higher. Anonymizer's plug-in is compatible with versions of Windows from 98 through XP; a Zero-Knowledge spokesperson tells me that its tool can't run on some installations of Windows 98 and Me, but that it works well with Windows 2000 or XP.

The two plug-ins behave similarly: After a short download, each service adds a small button to Internet Explorer's toolbar that toggles the application on and off. Private Surfing and Freedom WebSecure both generate a toolbar at the top of your Web browser window. Once you log in with your user name and password, the software becomes active and you can surf anonymously to your heart's content.

Related services from these companies in the past offered anonymous surfing, but at a snail's pace. The new versions are dramatically faster. Freedom WebSecure seemed positively peppy, while Anonymizer still was a bit slower than unprotected surfing because of its encryption.

If you're concerned about the bread-crumb trail you leave across the Internet as you browse the Web, either of these tools can sweep those crumbs away and keep profilers off your back.

Silver Member
Username: Boss_hog

Post Number: 127
"A man who had cut 18 cables affecting Verizon and Comcast was blackmailing them. He had demanded bank accounts be set up and information be provided on web sites that he specified. Although he used anonymous access to get to the web sites, the FBI had planted a trojan which was downloaded to his computer. The trojan then sent his IP address and other information to the FBI."

Nalin to prove your point hide your IP and post a threat to the USA.

Post Number: 4
Nalin I have to hand to hand it to you buddy... you got it all figured out, no one can pull any interwebz magics on you with crazy ideas of basic logical routing.

Seeing as to how you have explained how awesome dyndns is at hiding your public ip, I was hoping you could bless us with an indepth explanation on how a url request to a dyndns server gets to the supposedly "hidden ip"....

You know what lets make it interesting, give me the exact steps that occur from when the request is brought up by a person trying to reach their DynDNS url, to when the packet arrives at is desstination.

Really I am only interested in the part from the dydns host to the destination IP, how does that packet arrive if the IP is hidden.....

Post Number: 5
^ that gif would be better if you get the ostrich to stick its head up its own butt...thats more nalin style

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17275
You asked:
"an indepth explanation on how a url request to a dyndns server gets to the supposedly "hidden ip".... "

I have already answered that above.
"The Internet will only have the IP address of foreigndns.ch
The server at foreigndns.ch will send packets to an IP address it has for citizen-joe in its records.
The server at foreigndns.ch does not keep records of the ever changing real (but dynamic) IP address of citizen-joe account at Sympatico.ca; it only has the last (current) IP address."
On the internet packets destioned for citizen-joe.foreigndns.ch are sent to foreigndns.ch - not to citizen-joe.foreigndns.ch.
foreigndns.ch identifies them as belonging to citizen-joe account whose latest IP address (given by sympatico's DHCP) is the only one on record there. That is private record in many paid dynamic DNS services., not to be divulged except under some very strict rules.
The explanation was given in my previous post.
You have to create a subdomain name under one of the many domain they offer. Although they will allow you to use your own domain, you NEVER use that.

I think most of the misunderstanding has been that you associate Dynamic DNS with a proper internet domain. That is their main job, but they also allow you to create your own subdomain under their server and only YOU and THEM know what it is.
Only YOU and THEM know what IP address they are going to send the next packet to.

Silver Member

Rush is a HO-MO

Post Number: 314
FAIL

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17276
Doreen: I have not at any time mentioned a proxy server nor have I suggested that it does not work to hide your IP.
However, since YOU are promoting them, I have to say that most of them are awful in terms of speed.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3236
just ask any of the people that have been busted using way more sophisticated proxy's progams that are in prison now. if the crime is bad enough, there is NO way to hide ur IP. NONE

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3494
I wasn't directing my post at you Nalin... sorry if you miss understood me .. I was just pointing out what I read on the matters mentioned in this thread. I am not promoting anything.

BTW "most of them are awful in terms of speed" well that would depend on your provider and what Internet package you have. of-course dial up would be slower. With a satellite Internet package like I had b4, dynamic DNS address was one of the options I could of had but we didn't want to pay big bucks for one . Most businesses use a dynamic IP.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3495
if you feel the need to hide when surfing on line, go to an Internet Café and use thier stuff. That way nothing can be traced back to your residents.

Bronze Member
Username: Justforhohas

Post Number: 82
if the crime is bad enough, there is NO way to hide ur IP.

Like the man said...........you post a crime you will do the time
Upload

Post Number: 6
Nalin Said

"The Internet will only have the IP address of foreigndns.ch

Ok so you are saying that basically said paid dyndns service acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17279
justfarhaha's - Bronze Member Username: Justforhohas says:
"if the crime is bad enough, there is NO way to hide ur IP."

I have already said essentially the same thing.
"A legal inquiry from a foreign country i.e. a country foreign to the .ch TLD (Switzerland) will not be answered unless there is aformal request because of a serious criminal offense."

This thread is about hiding your I.P., not about commiting a serious crime.
Hiding your IP is not a crime.

Post Number: 8
yeah its too bad dydns does nothing to hide your ip
I noticed you didn;t answer my last question

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17282
I don't need to answer the same question again and again. Read my posts, and then go to your English language teacher to make sure you have understood it.

Post Number: 9
lol yeah right buddy basically what you are saying in your posts is that the dyndns acts as an intermediary for client requests...

Congratulations nalin... you are describing a PROXY.....

We don't even have to prove you wrong you do it by your own dumb self, and egg yourself on with your hyper inflated ego..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17286
This discussion ended with your abusive remarks.
You were already suspended and will be suspended again if you continue this kind of behaviour and abusiveness.

Post Number: 10
haha the discussion ended way before that it ended with my first post when I proved you wrong...and ouuuu I will be banned from ecoustics oh no I iwll have to open another acount

/care

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I had best go sign up for an offshore dyndns account so they can't ban my ip... douche

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 287
Douche...aka Twat Water. it wont hide a ip either.

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1038
Proxies, acting as "middlemen", can hide your IP address for you provided they don't keep any logs. Problem with proxies is that they can be slow, and, a lot of them do keep logs which can be subpoenaed.

Dynamic DNS has nothing to do with hiding source IP addies. It's only purpose is to link a dynamically-changing IP address to a non-changing domain name. servers often track connections by ip and not by domain names.

Just my two cents...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us