Anik-f3 working on dish-500

Bronze Member
Username: Junkyfunky1234

Post Number: 21
Okay guys... thanks to your help.. I got 110 & 118/119 working with my dish-500. I can watch all Indian channels (except 1) using my new kbox-prodigy. However, when I scan anik-f3, ndtv imagine is not getting scanned. I find it very weird that this is the only channel that is missing. Even colors is listed on 651 but is blank right now. Any thoughts on what might be causing ndtv to not show up in scan?

TIA

Silver Member
Username: White_girl

Post Number: 129
junky funky
there is a member here with over 16,000 posts
that keeps telling newbies that
118/119 will not work with dish-500.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well... in most of the areas, it may not work. It depends on where in north america you are located. Here is the beam strength of anik-f3 with the size of dish required
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/anikf3_ku.html

I just happen to be in the pink region :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16478
Freedom of the Press - Silver Member
Username: White_girl
Post Number: 129

This is the response from the man "with over 16,000 posts
that keeps telling newbies that
118/119 will not work with dish-500."

Unlike LNBs for 110, 119 etc., more low cost generic LNBs are being bought and in use. These are $15-$20 items with a likelihood of inferior quality.
The Anik F3 signals are weaker.
So generally speaking you need a larger Dish. Even the main body that sends the signals, i.e. Dish Network says you should get 500+ or 1000+ dish. These dishes are larger than the standard Dish 500.
When there are problems associated with changeover form 119 to 118/119, the problems first manifest in the lower TP frequencies. If you care to look, you will find that NDTV imagine '" the item of interest to the client, is the first Indian Channel at the second lowest TP frequency '" 11728. So I am not surprised that he may not be getting that channel. If there is an electrical disturbance and a few more channels become inaccessible, they are likely to be in the lower frequencies.
In short, my deal lady, you have to know a bit more about Sats, Dishes, LNBs, and read and you may get a better understanding.
I suggest you find some other person to bug or go to another forum to see if your sarcasm is tolerated there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
thats right... i am not getting channels from first two TPs 11715 & 11728.. i guess what i have is enough for now :-) i will invest time and money in a larger dish sometime later

Nalin, do you think getting a better diseqc switch might help? right now I am using the one that came free with my kbox

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11552
junky funky

Like Nalin and me said, the best choice is buy a bigger dish, now you can get many transponder which is very good, you must be in front of this satellite in West.

I suggest you to buy a satellite signal booster and put it near of your LNB, I use one for get many satelite on my motorized dish and it work very well.

Also a satellite tracker work fine to aimed your dish on those transponders.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16480
A change in DisEqC switch is not likely to help.
A change to larger Dish will mos likely help
An addition of a signal booster (as suggested by Plymouth) close to LNB may help.

Silver Member
Username: El_toro_the_great

NC USA

Post Number: 202
OOh the cow said Mo I have milk for you

Silver Member
Username: El_tora_the_great

Post Number: 190
"Like Nalin and me said"

Plymouth make sure you dont leave frenchfryville till yo learn how to speak English
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us