Nimiq 1

Username: Yalfaress

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone:
I am trying to point my dish to Nimiq 1 with little success. I am using a 76 cm Samsung dish and a Captive Works 600 receiver. I searched the elevation and the the azimuth angles on the web for my location and adjusted my dish to these values( elevation 43.6, azimuth 187.6. However, I still can't get any quality when pointing the dish to the satellite location. I tried moving the dish in both directions(right and left) but no quality at all. The signal strength is good, however. What do I need to do to correct this problem. Do I need to adjust and change transponder settings or any of the other settings in my antenna setting menu? Could someone help, please??? Thank you!!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11484
yaser alfaress

Welcome on Ecoustics!

Try Tp 12239, but this receiver can't get channels on Nimiq 1, check if your LNB is a Circular or give me the brand and model, I will tell you if it good for Nimiq 1.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the response. How do i check if my lnb is circular? The name of my receiver is Captive Works

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11487
Check on your dish where the cable is hook.

Bronze Member
Username: Dibblydooda

Post Number: 17
Your Lnb may have an internal switch that can be set for circular or linear by switching the diseqc number on your diseqc switch. I think you can do this on the antenna setting menu on Captiveworx.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for all the member that responded to my post. My diseq numbers on my receiver show auto, sw21 dish 1 or 2, sw 42 dish 1 or 2, sw 44 dish 1 or 2. I used this switch when i had my dish network hooked up with two satellite dishes(119w,110w,and 61.5w for the international programming) I don't see linear or cicular options under that menu. Any suggestions?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11506
Yaser

You will not see Circ or lin on your receiver but DP LNB for 118.8-119 and Freq LNB 11250>Circ, 11250-10750> 118.8-119 then 10750>Linear.

This setting is for your CW 600P.

You must have a switch, it must be a Diseq, so you don't need to set SW 22-34-44, you put it to none.

Post Number: 7
Thanks Plymouth. Are you saying that i should adjust the frequency to 10750 or above for linear?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Universal and 9750/10750 are linear freqs

11250 is circular

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Yaser

On my diseqc number I show LNB1 thru LNB4, Burst A-B, Auto and None

I get what you are showing on my Legacy Switch

I don't mess with the legacy switch settings.

The Captive Works I have is a CW-700S tho.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11511
Yaser

Here in USA and Canada thu used Tp is 10750, in Europe they use 10600-10750

9750 not work or only on few feed that you can't found on a blind scan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us