Nfusion Solaris Freezing every minute or so ..

Bronze Member
Username: Minetcalin

Post Number: 52
Started yesterday non stop. I was still on 1.51_3 .
One minute programming, freeze. Close with the remote, restart it is back. Freezes again ... repeat till fed up.
Uploaded from site 1.53_0 . same issue.
Went to 1.52_1 : same issue
Upgraded directly from the box to 1.53_0 again. After a few tentatives, it completed : same issue.

I know winter is coming, but freezing that much renders this box useless , totally useless.
I am the only one experiencing this issue. Located in MTL.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11045
Up without freezing!

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 387
cable guy.

what is your internet connection and how is the box connected to it ? details

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3513
My Phoenix has been working flawlessly since i got it. Very rarely it freezes maybe once in 8 hours for a second. I can live with that.

Bronze Member
Username: Letschill247

Post Number: 20
0-gregraf-0, do you have your Phoenix hooked up directly to the Modem or Router. Do you use DSL Or Cable Internet. Do you have to setup Proxy or not. Man I'm trying to work Phoenix without freezing. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3515
Directly to Router. I have DSL. My proxy is set to off.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11050
Fresh Puffs

Hook your receiver on router port1 then use DHCP or Static Network.
Each time that you experiment few freezing, power off and on with the Power button on remote which reset your internet connexion.

Silver Member
Username: Sakapfet

Post Number: 205
if your internet is slow sure you will get some freezing

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16167
A little trick.

If you have a modem or router wich allows some settings, try and look at the DHCP with your device/receiver connected and make the DHCP allotment "fixed' or "static" for that router.
Routers are usually accessed by url

the router manual will tell you what the default URL is.

Bronze Member
Username: Minetcalin

Post Number: 53
I have ADSL Extreme from Videotron ... I work on the web, so my connection is important .
I have VOIP and it is never down .... so why Nfusion.
I normally use a Netgear Wireless Print server to connect to my router, but with those problems, I brought the unit in my office to connect directly by wire to it ...
The unit has an IP address and I get a minute or 2 of programming ... so IT IS Connected .
The issue here is the Nfusion lack of servers ( I am in the hosting business : I stop adding virtual accounts when a box is going to reach overload ; I add a new box and then add accounts ) ; if they added servers, request to the IKS would not been refused or timing out.
I am not new at this..I had the fun of glitching DAVE's card in the past , have Pansat,Viewsat,Dreambox and Sonicview ,,, and manage racks of servers, routers , ....

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11051
CableGuy

Some experiment problems with Videoetron in IKS mode, personnaly I use Oric0m cable internet with real tested 7.3 Mbites speed and it work very well in Quebec city.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us