Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4364
Don't expect a fix for N3 anytime soon as I previously stated 2 years ago
I personally think IKSlinger is the way to go at this time
However it is not for a newbie to try out
Also IKSlinger is the only way to get DT*V sub/share

Here is a c/p yo can read for yorself
http://kboxkhub.org) is not nearly as popular as other IKS solutions, and suprisingly it appears to be one of the most stable solutions tested thus far with very minimal downtime and quite an abundance of channels to enjoy. We are actively testing both the K-Box K1 Heros Plus with the original grey version of the K-Hub along with the K-Box Prodigy and sleek black new v2 version. This may change as more users catch on and begin testing this platform. There has been only a few extended outages for their IKS service, as adjustments were made to the production server. The main downfall as we see it right now is the lack of channels in high demand by most testers. While the Kbox Khub will get you a good deal of channels to enjoy, its far behind everyone else in regards to its currently available channel lineup.

The Neosat EKS solution (http://nfusioniks.org) was first to give many users access to N3 content on the popular canadian BEV service. First in North American support for N3 via IKS, it was expected that they would do very well in providing a DN solution. This unfortunately was not the case in late June and early July. The Nfusion solution has been scarred badly as Nova users were restricted from using the first round of DN IKS testing based on the support groups claims security issues among clones are preventing them from giving support to Nova owners. In a bad move, Nfusion Nova owners were told they needed to upgrade to a Solaris with a special upgrade network card. Then a week later, even those who purchased the upgrade were again dead in the water. The community had come up with its own Nfusion Nova workaround modification of the Solaris/Phoenix release and the Nfusion team shut it down along with those who had purchased the upgrade card. As for channel support, the Nfusion had originally offered the least amount of channels on DN and channels had been dropping on BEV as well. Thankfully to many Nfusion owners this has improved and there is now an abundance of working channels on both provider networks. As for the Nova, they have pretty much stated they will be shutting down all Nova support in September of 2009. Again the community has stepped up with a "temporary" Nova solution, known as Mac and Cheese, that essentially generates a Solaris mac address for the Nova with a custom bin file. Unfortunately now we have come full circle, and we are now combatting eachother. We hope the Nfusion IKS team works with the community on setting up a vialble alternative that works for everyone.

The Sonicview iHub solution (http://ikslinger.org/channels/

Test at yor own risk

Bronze Member
Username: Last_supper

Nazerith , Isreal

Post Number: 79
Upload

The above post will self desrtuct in 1 hour as usual

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3301
King have you been on vacation? Your knowledge is missed greatly. Can you tell me my future?

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4368
Hi Greg
Yor jokes are missed as well
I'm coaching 6 days a week and on the road a lot
I come back home in November

How is Jimmy?
I don't see any trace of him in Sat forum

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3302
He seems to put on his disguise when your not around. He will probably come out of his closet when his mom tells him you have posted.

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4369

I have admit he is fun to have
I missed his abuse

Bronze Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 92
king you already lost your credibility . you are c/p you have no knowlege ok / dont u ever say anything . like - + 30 daus ok .

the auy to go is easuy
buy nfusion u are watching tv period . end of bla bla bla storie bye

Bronze Member
Username: Xtremejohnjohnson

Post Number: 87
Really nice read
I didn't know about nfusion telling nova people to get upgrade network cards and then screwing those people over. That's really amazing.
I have a solaris that I like, but their business practice tells me never to support them again. I'm happy with my kbox, but CNX has always looked promising to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Sump

East coast USA

Post Number: 58
just buy the already modded setup all jtaged and ready . then it is just the networking to worry about i have personally seen this in action .. it works ..

Bronze Member
Username: Sump

East coast USA

Post Number: 59
slinger that is ..

Bronze Member
Username: Damageinc

Post Number: 37
I'm starting to like staring at my blank screen.
It's sometimes quite riveting..

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4372
I don't mean to freak any one here
But as I previously stated D#N now have recently completed an entire line up of channels in MPEG-4
I strongly belive they'll totally eliminate all MPEG-2

Here is a complete line-up on 72.7W to check for yorself:
http://www.lyngsat*.com/packages/dish73_sid.html
Remove * from lyngsat link

Here some classic links:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/572122.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/508798.html

I'm not saying don't do PTA
But my honest advice don't spend more than $200
We are during a major transition from a totally wide open PTA to a totally uncertain for best PTA solution
There will be other alternatives
Just don't spend more than $200
And always look fore my notes
I'm never biased to any thing out there

Bronze Member
Username: Last_supper

Nazerith , Isreal

Post Number: 85
Upload

Gold Member
Username: King_of_sats

Post Number: 1041
Who let king the all time loooooooser out of the loony bin... I figured for sure... Mr Don't know jack would climb back into is little nigeria shack and try to scam credits cards so he could buy a good old american pepsi at the coner mud hut =)

Bronze Member
Username: King__of_sats

Post Number 998

Post Number: 24
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us