ProScan PS32700, wont turn on

Username: Ellenfaith

Glendale, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Hi,
I have a ProScan 32" PS32700 that wont turn on and my twins are not happy. I hear the three Clicks, as other posters have noted, and then nothing. I've read that it could be the power supply, this seems to make sense but where do I find the power supply, and what does it look like?
I know it could be something else, but I'm thinking this would be the least costly, and no, I'm not a TV repair person but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.
Anyone have a diagram with an X that marks the spot?

Thank you,
Ellen

Username: Ellenfaith

Glendale, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Okay so I opened the set and found a Service Guide CTC197 Series glued to the TV Cover and using it I compared the diagram to the actual electrical board. I came across this loose flat and round thing called a Thermistor, kind of looks like a flat battery, with the following numbers 100-01A and I believe A1787 but the first digit (A) was covered by welding or some type of glue???

Anyway, can this, Thermistor, cause the TV not to turn on?

Also, I noticed that the Clicking sound came from the same area where I found the loose Thermistor, it's also where the diagram shows the PWR SUP CHOPPR and the Power Supply RES, whatever these things are.

Thank you,
Ellen

Username: Stiles01

Post Number: 1

Username: Stiles01

Post Number: 2
I had a 60" Proscan rear projection TV that served me well for over 11 years with no problems. I ran into the same problem that most here speak of where you turn the set on and it clicks a few times and doesn't ever show a picture. I researched the problem and it was the HV Splitter on my set. There were only after market replacements available, so I bought one. It did allow the set to come on again, however there must have been another problem that failed at the same time because I could not get the colors to line up. I eventually just bought an new 50 Panasonic plasma because I could not see paying someone to fix this set. I got my money's worth.
I hope this helps.
Also if anyone needs parts from a 60" Proscan I took all the parts out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us