Samsung HL67A510J1F-HDMI Issue

Username: Firejim

Post Number: 1
Hoping for some advice. The last couple of months I have had an issue with my DLP and cable TV box. Every so often we will turn on the DLP and our cable box but get not picture/audio. If I switch to my PS3 which is on a different port, no issues. I have to reboot the cable box to get the picture/audio back. Also, when the screen is blank, if I unplug the HDMI cable from the box, the DLP will show the signal loss message but goes away when plugged back in. So it is if the DLP knows there something there but can't get the signal. We finally got tired of doing a 20 min. reboot so we had the cable company give us a new box. Now random and intermittenty we get a 5-10 second loss. When the picture returns, the DLP clock and HDMI3 message appears as if we just switched to that HDMI port. We also changed the HDMI cable and we went from using HDMI port 1 to port 3. MY PS3 has no issues. The cable company say's it's the DLP tv. They said the PS3 uses a 720p and the cable box is 1080P and that the 1080i side of the DLP is going out. Now someone mentioned and I don't know how true it is, but if the lamp is starting to go out, it will cause a signal loss like I am having. I have not found any info on this. I gueas I am trying to figure out if this is the DLP TV or Cable box. Any suggestions or ideas would be grateful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us