Username: Macra12

California USA

Post Number: 16
Terra
Yes, sonicview is up!! with the IK Dongle

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5392
# Qustion: What is the the Sonicview iHub?

Answer: The Sonicview iHhub is a special device, known commonly as a "dongle" that connects to the serial port on your Sonicview 360 or HD 8000 FTA receiver and the internet through an Rj-45 Ethernet port.

# Qustion: What does the Sonicview iHub do?

Answer: The Sonicview iHub through a connection to the Internet enables your Sonicview 360 or HD 8000 receiver to download updates over the net and take advantage of the latest in FTA testing called IKS or Internet Key Sharing. With a connection to an IKS server, your box will download the required code words to decrypt Nagravision 2 and Nagravision 3 encrypted channels, such as those offered by Dish network and Bell Canada. Currently the primary server being used is at svftaiks.com. Right now, the server and files offered for the FTA testing community are ina Beta state, meaning its still being tweaked for the best performance and operation, so it may not always work. The server itself can be expected to go up and down without notice during this period.

# Qustion: Which receivers does the Sonicview iHub work for?

Answer: Currently, the Sonicview iHub is designed to support the Sonicview 360 Premier, Sonicview 360 Elite and Sonicview 8000 FTA receivers. Under development are plans for an additional device to support the Sonicview 1000, 1000PVR and 4000 units. As for other Sonicview models, it has not yet been decided if an additional similar product will be made available. Users of other FTA receivers from a different manufacture may have a dongle device and IKS support available. We do not support them here, but all FTA receivers are supported on our main site.

# Qustion: What channels will I get with the Sonicview iHub?

Answer: While the Sonicview is properly configured, connected, and using the latest released files FTA Testers could be able to enjoy decrypted content from Dish Network, Bell Canada, Globeast, Sky and other encrypted satellite provider networks. Note however, that using any device for the purpose of decrypting satellitie content is most likely illegal in your jurisdiction and we can not and will not condone such use. We provide this information for education purposes only regarding the flaws in the Nagravision encryption system deeloped by the Kudelski Group. For the most recent list of available channels, click here.

# Qustion: Is the Sonicview iHub the only way to get back Bell Canada and Dish Network channels that are encrypted with Nagravision 3?

Answer: For the entire line of Sonicview FTA receivers, the only solution for Nagravsion 3 encrypted channels is in fact an iHub IKS solution for the Sonicview 360 and HD 8000 receivers. There may be additional options in the future, however none have yet to be introduced.

# Qustion: How do I setup my Sonicview iHub?

Answer: We have created a setup guide that shows how to install and configure the Sonicview iHub to get things up and running. We will do our best to keep the documention updated to provide the best overall helpful information. You can read the documentation here.

# Qustion: My receiver is in my other room. How can I get internet access in there without running a cable?

Answer: There are sevaral ways to extend your ethernet connection to a location near your receiver and iHub device. One of the easiest is to use a "Powerline Ethernet Adapter" and connect one at your router, switch or modem and the other at your receiver. The amazon ad below will take you to a great product that fits this purpose. If you already have a wireless network setup in your home you can use a wireless network bridge to connect your Sonicview iHub ethernet port. Connect your WIFI Ethernet Bridge device to both the iHub and the wireless connection. An amazon link for such a product is also show below. Note:

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1473
hate to say it sada but that is the most pathetic site on the internet

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5394
paul welcome to world of ignorant..
lol
its like this people wanna get the ice cream, on table with out going to shop to buy it,
lets say if they bought it they don't wanna go to fridge, check the ingredients , open the package,
nope they want some one else to open for them and put it on table with spoon

Silver Member
Username: Tgyoung1

Illinois U.s.a.

Post Number: 205
thank you

Silver Member
Username: Mzakcat

Post Number: 143
and also spoon feed a pansat serial to ether dongle?

Silver Member
Username: Mzakcat

Post Number: 144
why i=hub, and not just serial to pc with internet?
just asking, i'm sure there is a better answer than just to sell i-hub? hmmmm.

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1475
IMHO ihub will only be temp solution till a proper bin or magic board is developed and working maybe 1-2 months perhaps longer no one knows

just be glad that the coders are including bev - dn support as well as other sats

but it could also be updated with a working bin if that fix encounters resistance for quick short term tv
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us