Nagra 3 Rumors:

Silver Member
Username: Applebees

Post Number: 114
( C&P )

There is currently a rumor circulating that coders have managed to open
an N3 card: rom 241 rev H00.
Although confirmed from a couple of respected fta members this is still speculation.

I recently had the opportunity to talk to one of them and what transpired in this conversation was that there is some truth to these rumors although some part of it has been grossly exaggerated.
I myself was given the opportunity to see it at work and it does indeed work. With that being said I'd just like to say this:
Strap yourselves in for a ride, because whenever the N3 hack is out, testing is over as you know it.

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1296
That had to be the most informative post that also revealed the least amount of information, ever composed.

Keep up the good work!

Username: Fluff

Boise

Post Number: 5
I was given a beta bin for my CW 600 p, wide open N3. It was to be released a few days ago but we got a hit. Seems Charlie was aware that N3 has been comprimised, and gave us a couple hits. I am supposed to get a new beta bin any time now for testing. The hits are going to come so often it may be very hard to watch.

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
You gotta have a little faith in people...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
That had to be the second most informative post that also revealed the least amount of information, ever composed.

Keep up the good work!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
I wouldn't trust Fluffy to mail a letter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
Fluffy,
Why don't you send the bin to someone who knows how to test.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15285
These rumours will continue ad infinatum.

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 733
The bins are out today, its garbage pickup day

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 492
Can anyone tell me how they can possibly open a N3 card when on some receivers, there are no cards at all ???

Bronze Member
Username: Fluff

Boise

Post Number: 11
and here is a followup to OTs post:

c/p

Sorry gang lost my connect due to weather tonight, we just had a Tornado were and I had to shutdown everything, even Kat on the phone I had to cut our conversation short too.

But after reading a few posts Im had to say Im sorry to everyone member here, I assumed after testing for years the membership knew what a BETA FILE is and how it is used, so gang Im sorry if you thought a file would be released to the GENERAL PUBLIC, thats not how it works, so again Im sorry for the confussion guys.

But for sure Beta files have been posted for a select few of testers today on only 2 underground sites, and only one (RapidShare File Sever) this is not open to the public sorry.
But I did get to download 1 beta file myself for a VS box to test, and its for both BEV/DN. I see the files on Rapid Share have been removed by Providers already, so I had time to only grab one, I see there are others also released for the Dreambox,Qbox,Gbox, for MECM60 and Primere units. I also see some beta versions named (Hocus Pocus) but cannot see what box there for.

So I personally will see how many bugs are in this thing.
I can also say for sure the file size is (VERY LARGE), (Extremely Large) for a Beta Version, 10.98MB in size and can see where there will be alot of problems to get this size file to work on smaller CPU/Memory boxes.

But its is a Beta and Im sure after its completely tested the size will be reduced alot for all VS units. So again thanks for keeping the thread nice and clean for me, and I hope its so light at the end of a long tunnel.
So goodluck to us all.
0dd

c/p end

To all of you who despises IKS, these are great news!!

WOW, this is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any info used is for informational purposes only...FTA stands for "Free To Air" programming.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15319
The Outer Limits: You asked -
"Can anyone tell me how they can possibly open a N3 card when on some receivers, there are no cards at all ???"

The software (what we call BINs) can recide on a flash memory on a card or may be embedded in the receiver like it is in the FTAs.

Bronze Member
Username: Shredd3r

TORONTO

Post Number: 27
Is it really cards that go into the Dishnet receivers now? And if so, how do you even go about hacking that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
Nalin..... the C/P rumour says "a N3 rom card was opened"

I am saying the newer receivers have empty N3 card slot and they work. I have a 9242 receiver (currently receiving N3) and the slot is empty.

Do you read me now ? The rumour says they opened a N3 card to disassemble it (reverse engineered it). This is b/s. The card has nothing to do with N3 encryption method !

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
By the way.... no need to tell me what a BIN is. I have programmed Intel and Microchip microcontrollers for about 10 years.

I also know it is impossible to reverse engineer optimized code even when observing mapcalls. The ones saying they do that are lying.

They will break N3 only when and if they have acces to inside tips on flaws.

I would be surprised they (Kudelski) did a messy job once again....

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9805
The Outer Limits

The old 2700 and 3100 work again with a smart card, it' s possible that this card can be take for reverse engineering it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15325
Please see this discussion in May, 2009

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=158791

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
>> Outer Limits

its a rumor, but the story goes like this :
NanoXX Team, a german hackin' group, DUMPED ( not cracked ) the european N3 card.
Although its not the same, with that "dump", work is being developed in beta plastic (card) cloning & beta bins to try breaking Bev/Charlie's N3......
story goes they still haven't done it to satisfactory results YET.

basic read

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us