Arrests, FTA Industry Collapsing

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1929
Here we go! More rumors, which I personally don't believe. But should keep you guys amused. Don't know who the original source was.

C/P
More Arrests: FTA Industry Collapsing
Seems like theBroken is ratting out everyone to save his own skin. Now that Viewsat, Cooolsat, etc., have been connected to the coder behind the scripts, expect the FTA players to hand over ALL buyer info and expect to get a $20,000 US or more demand letter in the mail, courtesy of Charlie.

Buying a cheap, Korean/Chinese made STB will probably turn out to be the most EXPENSIVE purchase anyone in the US ever made.

Good luck guys, but it looks real bad down in the US. It seems like Dish has the upperhand now. Utlimately, Dish wanted the customer info and was denied by the courts up until now, but now that they got theBroken admitting his connection to all the FTA suppliers, Dish will be getting those customer lists in a hurry!

Quote:
For the last few days while Hashhu was on vacation terrible news came to light.

The coder who was making the files for Captain, Cooolsat & Viewsat became known to everyone... Phillip Allison of Seminole, Florida... and in the court documents he has admitted making and selling the bin files to Freetech aka Cooolsat and Viewtech aka Viewsat.

Echostar needed to prove a connection between the receiver makers and the pirate bin files and they have so its all downhill for Freetech & Viewrech from this point on. They will be making whatever settlement arrangements they can work out and they will be gone. No way to get out when somebody gives you up.

They also have proof this guy was sending the files to completefta.com and f2fta.com with instructions to post them. Anybody that can be tied to this guy is done for because he has given up everyone it looks like.

The current documents don't show any other websites but DISH may be keeping some of their investigations secret and we may find out some more names as time goes on.

The only surprise in the documents was that Allison stated in a communication that they had a software method to make Viewsat receivers work on Nagra's new system - it is not indicated if this was the add-on dongle for iks or the 'card' fix but most likely this guy would have gotten something to work.

So much for 'his' Nagra 3 fix.

UPDATE: Information is now available that a Neosat/K-Box coder has also been arrested - which makes sense as there is a connection to Cooolsat and this investigation has been on-going for more than a year - however I haven't been able to confirm if this is true yet

Silver Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 326
All hog wash its a ploy for the lawyers to scam the multitude out of hoards of money!!

Proving you watched illegal tv requires them catching you in the act or someone that will testify they watched it with you, then its your word against theirs!

Dish wants no part of the scam Sir James Murdoch is a lawyer that devised it!

Reciever makers cant be charged with a crime unless their boxes were sold pre flashed to an authority!

I can see me now, cursing Zac
out again for his harrasment to join a class action suit against dishnet work .

This will result in an out of court settlement and a lawyer fee for them filing a claim in your behalf..!

However lots of idiots will fall prey to this scam$$$$$$$$

Dont fall for this!!!

http://www.directvdefense.org/

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 430
Seminole Florida... I, myself, am conviced coders are on this side of the border. Not in Seminole !!!!!

The only thing providers can do to protect temselves is to pick the right encryption to be safe. Not spending millions feeding lawyers. And they did just that. They switched to N3 !

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9062
What Dn can do to slow down pirate is provide many rumors on Web, this is again a false rumor.

Why Sonicview team are never on paper court?

Maybe this rumor come from them!

You can thought what you want.

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 404
DirecTV, Inc. v. Webb, No. 04-56847

Webb argues that the evidence was insufficient to support
the district court's finding that he pirated DTV's signals in
violation of these statutes. He points first to the lack of direct
evidence that he intercepted DTV's signal and second to his
own testimony denying such a violation. Even under the clear
error standard that applies to findings of fact, he contends, a
finding that he intercepted signals cannot be sustained. We
disagree

The law does not require direct evidence to support a
factual finding. Circumstantial evidence may be sufficiently
persuasive. Signal piracy is by its nature a surreptitious ven-
ture and direct evidence of actual interception may under-
standably be hard to come by. See Walker v. Darby, 911 F.2d
1573, 1578 (11th Cir. 1990) ("Direct evidence may not have
been available based on the stealthiness of the invasion.")
(internal quotation and citation omitted). For this reason,
courts have correctly concluded that direct evidence of signal
piracy is not required to prove unlawful interception. See, e.g.,
DIRECTV, Inc. v. Robson, 420 F.3d 532, 537 (5th Cir. 2005)
("Circumstantial evidence can support a finding that a com-
munication was intercepted, even absent direct evidence.");
Walker, 911 F.2d at 1578.

Evidence that a person possessed a pirate access device,
by itself, may not be enough to infer actual interception of a
signal. See DirecTV, Inc. v. Treworgy, 373 F.3d 1124, 1129
(11th Cir. 2004) (finding no "private right of action against a
person who possesses a device" in violation of the Wiretap
Act); Robson, 420 F.3d at 540-42 & nn.36-37 (collecting
cases). These devices may assist in the unauthorized intercep-
tion of signal, but they are not capable of interception by
themselves.

In this case, however, the evidence demonstrated that
Webb had more than a pirate access device. He possessed
everything else he needed to intercept DTV's signals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
Wantabe did you get that imformation off the jumpdefence org or the pacer site. You know Larry Risler(AKA RISESTAR) opened up his own crime fighting spree after he was exposed at the pirates den! He saw lots of money lurking!!

He called it the Freedom Fighters org or something like that ??

IT is said that the people that sent their modified boxes into dicnet then they were charged, but I'll never believe that!! I do know them lawyers made a killing of idiots that were frightened into believing they needed to file a suit against DN and lost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for their misrepresentation..

Now here is a prime example of bogas cases

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/opinions/?o_mode=view&o_sort_field=5&o_sort_field_by=&o_sort_type=asc&o_page_size=10&o_p=65

Using the link above select advanced search and put in your phoney court case..

DirecTV, Inc. v. Webb, No. 04-56847

It never happened

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
Now here is one of the longest threads I ever indulged , a battle of the giants.I got tired of following it and dumped a cut and pasted right in their laps. They did not talk much after that.

http://groups.google.dm/group/alt.dss.hack/browse_thread/thread/9dfde0c163d92a8a /e9343b93358d1499?lnk=st&q=juan+author%3Ajimmy34741

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2008/09/24/0456847.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1810
$500,000 judgement against FTA programmer // 2009-05-04
There was lawsuit brought by DN and NagraStar against Phillip Allison aka thebroken for providing illegal unauthorized reception of DN signals, writing software codes for FTA receivers to de scramble Dishnetwork system.

It was alleged that software written by Phillip Allison was publicly distributed on sites including: completefta.com, f2atv.com, @l7bar.tk and h@shhu.com among others.

The judgment includes $500,000 along with various restrictions against Mr. Allison.

DirecTV brags about their security // 2009-04-26
Cable TV theft is a problem that costs the industry $6 billion a year in the US. As for satelite theft, representatives from DirecTV said they have defeated piracey by impleting bullet proof smart card technology.

There are billions of reasons why cable television theft is a yearly problem.

"In the cable industry nationally, it's about $6 billion annually," said Elaine Lunkes, director of community and commercial development for Comcast Cable. "Cable theft is a crime under state and federal law."

Lunkes did not want to discuss the specific ways individuals can illegally access cable. She did say, however, that customers' services can be affected through signal leakage, which can affect the quality of the picture.

Monitors are continuously in the field to check and make sure the thefts don't happen and to quickly fix problems if they do occur, Lunkes said.

"Comcast is diligent about being continually focused on cable theft," she said.

It wasn't a cable theft, but an Avon Park man was recently arrested on warrants alleging that he stole approximately $7,827.59 worth of services from DirecTV between Aug. 26, 2006 and Aug. 28, 2007.

Sergio Soto, 36, of 2417 North Dunwoodie Road, Avon Park, was charged with grand theft of $300 or more but less than $5,000, fraudulently intercepting communications and fraudulently obtaining property of $300 or more.

Soto reportedly used a DirecTV account that was registered to another customer. At the time, he was working for Mastec, a subcontractor used to install and service DirecTV systems.

The arrest may have come in the last two weeks, but the alleged crime is almost two years old. Sgt. Brian Kramer, with the Highlands County Sheriff's Office, said he has not had any complaints of cable or satellite signal theft in the past few months.

"I know it happens, and there's some way of obtaining some sort of a box that intercepts the codes," Kramer said.

Robert Mercer, with DirecTV's communications department, said the company has "defeated the pirates" through the use of "bulletproof smart card technology" and legal action.

"What really ended the scourge of piracy was our development of more advanced access card technology that effectively locked out the hackers, i.e., they couldn't crack the code," Mercer said.

The smart card, or access card, is identical in shape and size to a credit card. It is inserted into the set-top box and enables the subscriber's receiver to unscramble signals and allow the customer to view the programming offered in their subscription package, according to Mercer.

Each card has an identifying number and an embedded microprocessor, or computer chip, which controls the decryption process.

"That chip in the card was what the hackers were illegally modifying in the bad old days," Mercer said.

One such hacker was O.J. Simpson. In 2005, a U.S. District Judge in the southern district of Florida ordered the former NFL star to pay DirecTV $25,000 in damages, plus attorneys' fees and cost for stealing DirecTV programming, according to a report on www.businesswire.com.

DirecTV filed a civil lawsuit against Simpson following a 2001 raid on his Miami home, where two illegal devices, called bootloaders, were seized. Simpson said he did not have a legitimate account and the devices were designed to steal programming, the report stated.

The device enabled the access card to loop around some of the circuitry that was damaged in an electronic counter measure, according to Mercer.

"That was another way we discouraged users of these illegally modified cards; we would frequently send codes over the satellite data stream that instructed the card to destroy itself," Mercer said.

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 415
Above is C/P from Dishonline

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
There is no case.

Royce was exposed by me as a scammer years ago.

How could someone like Royce have sooo many different named site owned by DTV and not be concidered a habitual offender?

Do a search on this site for "DTV Owned Sites" and look for keywords such as Dish, news ,online, info...

He's a sheeple herder..

They tell you half truths in this case they made up case numbers and false documents!!

If you get charged without contacting a lawyer and admitting guilt I'll pay your bill<I:-)

Give me Phillup Allisons case number. I found it, he got popped along with 4 others in Chicago.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/heat/2007-09-04-robberies_N.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 406
"IT is said that the people that sent their modified boxes into dicnet then they were charged, but I'll never believe that!!"

ECHOSTAR SATELLITE, L.L.C.,
V .
HENERY DCRUZ

The Defendant's Actions
19. The Defendant was a subscriber to the services of Echostar thereby
evidencing the fact that at all times material hereto, the Defendant possessed
the requisite digital satellite system hardware, including a satellite dish, an
IRD, and an access card.
Two certain lRD s bearing serial numbers R0042038360 and R0041456913
(hereinafter the subject lRDs'') were of record on the Echostar account of
the Defendant.
On or about October 6, 2005 the Defendant or the Defendant's agent
returned the subject IRD bearing serial number R0042038360 to Echostar.
On or about October 2005 the Defendant or the Defendant's agent
returned the subject IRD bearing serial number R0041456913 to Echostar.
23. After the subject IRDS were returned, Echostar tested them and determined
the subject lRDs had been modified without Echostar's authorization.
24. The subject lRDs were modified:
a. to access Echostar proprietary software;
b. to access the receivers' proprietary electronics for the purpose of altering
the receivers' software for the unauthorized descrambling of Echostar's programming; and
c. With extemal devices installed into the receiver for the purpose of
interfering with the receiver's legitimate operation in order to descramble
Echostar's program m ing without authorization
thereby creating unauthorized de-scrambling devices.

Statutory damages against the Defendant and in favor of the Plaintiff for the
Defendant's decryption and view ing
television programming in violation of 18 U.S.C. jj 251 11(a) of whichever is the
of the Plaintiffs satellite transmissions of
greater of $100 a day for each day of violation or $10,000 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. j
2520©2(B),

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
That's a PACER special ,a bogus case unless he fell for their scam there were no charges filed.

We did not find results for: ECHOSTAR SATELLITE, L.L.C.,V .HENRY DCRUZ. Try the suggestions below or type a new query above.
Suggestions:

•Check your spelling.
•Try more general words.
•Try different words that mean the same thing.
•Broaden your search by using fewer words.
•Try asking a question on Yahoo! Answers

Them lawyers are working overtime! They have every ones IP that has posted on a pirate site and will send you a letter threatning you! If you contact a lawyer they will file on your behalf and you will loose$$$ plus his filing fee!!

If by chance you are a hardened criminal such as OJ.Then look out or if your making money off selling software or hardware to still there signal with they can make an example out of you.

If you have been reported as a pirate and you are a subscriber then your provider has a right to check your equiptment for modifications..

Otherwise they cant show a loss and they have no case!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1811
Thanks joeturn!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
zulu I got half a dozen of them letters I can send you if you need one. I kelp them in case I run out of paper.

However there was no such court case in my name!Funny thing all the ones that did contact a lawyer ended up with a court case!! $$$$$$$$$$

Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 40
If the FCC had any gonads they could have shut down the FTA manufactures a long time ago simply because none of their devices are FCC typed or doc'ed. Any device that receives radio signals or re transmits them on another frequency such as channel 3 or 4 like VCRs do has to be typed and doc'ed to be legal for sale in the US.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
FCC can only set the rules for law abiding citizens to follow, recievers are not a problem only the transmitters! Soo they only enforce what has been reported as an interference!

International trade is a great commodity and where there's a demand there is a supplier!

Remember captain midknight?

Now that was a problem

Heres an illussion for you Jim Beam old tv tubes emitted dangerous RF same as cell phones/vsat!!

Now the power lines in your neighbor hood emmitt 1000 times more damaging RF than either and have never been reported as a problem!!

Think anyone wants to live without electricity?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us