Samsung DLP Power Off Problem, CLASS ACTION?

Username: Craigdlp50

California

Post Number: 5
To all of you Samsung DLP owners that are experiencing the mysterious, intermittent, automatic power off shut-down phenomenon:

I think we should pool our resources, get together, and approach Samsung as a group of highly dissatisfied consumers to see if we can get them to provide an answer to this problem that has TV technicians scratching their heads.

Lamp? Not.
Ballast? Not.
Digital Board? Not.
DMD? Not.
Color Wheel? Not.

Nobody seems to have a solution.
Let's work together to get one!

Username: Edwardl222

Post Number: 2
i agree

Username: Ectech21

Modesto , Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a samsung DLP HL5063W, that will not remain on with a picture. i can get a picture and sound for about 2minutes before the picture turns off..i checked the back and the lamp turns off, my question is can be it because the lamp is due for a replacement or am i having another issue? i notice that it has been about 4 years of using the same lamp. well if you can help me out i will appreciate any advice you have.. thank you

Username: Ectech21

Modesto , Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
I have a samsung DLP HL5063W, that will not remain on with a picture. i can get a picture and sound for about 2minutes before the picture turns off..i checked the back and the lamp turns off, my question is can it be that the lamp is due for a replacement or am i having another issue? i notice that it has been about 4 years of using the original lamp. well if you can help me out i will appreciate any advice you have.. thank you

California

Post Number: 8
Ernesto,

There is a way to get into the service menu to check the lamp hours. There are posts here that explain the process. Lamps go for roughly 8k to 10k hours. Make sure you replace it with a genuine Philips lamp and not a cheap generic. If the lamp has low hours, it could be the ballast which would be the next thing to check. Usually if the lamp goes bad you should get an LED error code on your TV.

Username: Sukkee

I agree. I have 61" Samsung DLP TV (Model HL-R6168W). My friend has the same problem on 56" model.

We need the class law suit against Samsung for known problem.

Username: Jameslheureux

Craig,
This is one of the many issues I have and with my POS sumsung, here is what I have been able to fix...

Intermittent shut downs: turn the TV off vacuum the vents on the TV and remove any obvious dust blocking the vents....Turn TV back on should be good for a 6 months

Sound Intermittently mutes, Shut TV off, wait for the bulb to cool and unplug the TV from the wall, wait 30 seconds and plug back in good for 3-4 months or repeat when need...

Just blew a blub replaced for $150

Now I have white vertical lines (Pinstriping), I am scared this is going to be costly.....Everything points to a DMD board...If that is the case on a 3 year old TV estimated cost is $800.00 I am going to replace it and get an extended warranty....This time around I won't be buyin a Samsung or a TV with Korean made parts...Already replaced an engine in a Korean made car...Now my Korean made TV is a POS. If anybody has any insite on this problem please help Thanks in advance

Username: Thelostsaint

Detroit, Mi US

hey folks, maybe someone can help me here

from what i gather here its my DMD board, but maybe not?

i have dead pixels all over the screen and i have 2 to 3 showing up everyday and its almost covered my entire screen so any suggestions on to fixing this? and where i can get the parts to fix this?

thanks

Username: Brenstar

SAM 61" DLP TV that has been shutting off. This problem started when the TV was about 4 mos old and it is now 4 yrs old and still has the same problem. Has anyone pursued a class action suit that pertains to this problem?

California

Post Number: 10
I had to replace the ballast and the lamp at the same time to solve this problem. My lamp was at half-life, but when I replaced the ballast using the old lamp it wouldn't stay on. When I put the new lamp in with the new ballast it has been working fine ever since - over a year. My TV was two months past warranty coverage. I was able to get Samsung to send the parts gratis and I replaced them myself utilizing YouTube video assistance.
Getting the gratis parts was a little bit of a problem as they had no official Samsung repairman in all of the San Diego area. I had to go through another repair shop who ordered the parts for me.

Username: Big10indc

Post Number: 3
Just to add a new flavor to this issue, my Samsung DLP is about 7 years old and has been intermittently turning off for several years. We used to periodically take the back panel off to clean out the dust and that would work for a while before it would get bad again. Now it's gotten intolerable. The TV will go for stretches where it's only on for minutes at a time.
But here's the interesting thing: It seems like it's only when we're using the HDMI port (connected to a DirecTV HD STB). Using the DVI (for the DVD player) or component port (Wii) doesn't lead to any problem. Would it make any sense for the problem to be something to do with the HDMI port?

Username: Donalexinder

I was able to get Samsung to deliver the components for free, and I was able to repair them myself with the help of YouTube videos.
Obtaining the free components was a challenge because there was no authorised Samsung repairman in the San Diego region. I had to go via another repair business, who placed the order for the components on my behalf.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us