Color whell for Infocus X1

Unregistered guest
Is there anybody to help me to find a spare part for Infocus X1 - color wheel (A13528) part of the optical engine (505-1506-xx)?
10x

Frank_from_Ven
Unregistered guest
Hello goto60.

What makes you sure is the color wheel the thing you need? Would you describe me the failure?

Finding spair parts for projs is a very annoying thing. Well, particularly here in my country the manufacturers only have sales representants and doesn't have tech support for projectors, so when a unit is down they put in on a line to send'em back to the factory. That drive us (I am not a projector technician but I have repaired some) to find parts with other users which their projs are down and make our own inventory of parts.

Hope I can help you! tell me more. Regards

Username: Hay

Post Number: 1
I also have a problem with the colourwheel of my X1. It makes a hell of a noise when it is spinning. Sounds like the bearing broke down. Infocus sofar does not want to deliver the part. They tell me to send it for repair (without telling me what it will cost) or to buy a new one!

Can you get hold of new parts?

BR,
Chris

Username: Pauln213

Corona, CA USA

Post Number: 7
You cant buy parts for these, and you certainly wouldnt be able to replace them even if you could. The real question is why would you ever buy an Infocus?? They are TERRIBLE!! Basically it is going to be cheaper to buy a new projector than to replace the color wheel. In the future, never ever buy Infocus!!

Username: Exinfocus

Hello all
Paul which brand of projectors do you find that are better. I have bought and repaired many of these projectors in no time at all. the color wheel on an x1 is quite simple. only negative thing is that you have to take the board and power supply out to get to the connection.
as for color wheels yes they are hard to get so the trick is to look for a broken x1 or x1a that is listed on ebay. you have to look at the just listed ones cause if they have a buy it now price they go fast.
For you folks that are dealing with infocus. remember that some of the projectors can be repaired cheaper if they have a seperate color wheel in stock. most times they try to get you to pay the optical engine repair price but if yours is one of the ones with color wheels in stock you can get it repaired for the cost of a major repair. and also if you just have a fan thats gone out it can be repaired for 120.00 plus shipping.

Username: Ledahu

Hi,
you can get color wheel and light tube for X1. Look at that page

http://www.bigscreenforums.com/forum_topic.cfm?which=8789&p=8

Username: Pratap

Delhi, Delhi India

Hi Paul,
InFocus after sale services is very good.X1 colour wheel part no is#525-0153-00 Colour wheel KIT, X1 cost is around USD$100.

Regards
Pratap

Username: Pollard3

I have an InFocus 61md10. Recently, it started automatically shutting down and restarting; the only way to interrupt the cycle was to unplug the tv. The repairman said it was the lamp. Exactly 5 days after replacing the lamp, the tv refuses to turn on! No lights, no noises, nothing. Called InFocus...who insists that I call another repairman, regardless of the fact the tv is no longer under warranty. I replaced the lamp myself, and am pretty confident that I can handle repairs. The question is what and where do I buy parts?

InFocus tech support mentioned that it could be the power supply is bad. Does anyone know the part number and where I can buy another power supply?

Please...only respond if you can help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us