Does FTA work with on a DTV antenna & LNB ?

Bronze Member
Username: Viewsat_ultra

Post Number: 91
Please excuse my curiosity.

1.Does FTA work with a DTV antenna & DTV LNB?
(I'm aware that it works on a DNantenna or an FTA antenna,just curious if it would work with DTVequipment).

2.Does DN&DTV share sats11O/119?

3.I saw a card reader on Ebay for a C00lsat,Will they soon be needed for future use?
Thank You

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6991
ROB SKYDIVER

""1.Does FTA work with a DTV antenna & DTV LNB?""
Yes with DTV antenna, No with DTV LNB.

""2.Does DN&DTV share sats11O/119?""
No DTV use different satellites.

""3.I saw a card reader on Ebay for a C00lsat,Will they soon be needed for future use?""
You would have to wait, card not work with N3.

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 107
ROB,

Yes you can use certain DTV atennas and lnbs for dishnetwork. I use one to get 148w. It gets better signal than Dish lnb. Believe me.

Bronze Member
Username: Louwho31

Post Number: 58
I have a setup with a DTV dish and LNB and it only get a few stations (100) on each of the sats i move it to. i set it for Standard LNB on all my boxes {pnsat , colsat , and viwsat) same thing..what would you suggest??

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1654
Plymouth has his head so far up his azz, he doesn't know....

1.Does FTA work with a DTV antenna & DTV LNB?

1a...DTV LNB's does use the same LNB types as FTA, depending on which FTA satellite ya want..DTV LNB's are often used for DN FTA signals which are circular polarity with 11250 freq...so yes, DTV LNB's are commonly used to receive many FTA signals...but ya need to be more specific when ya say "FTA"..

1b...DTV "antenna's" (dishes) vary by type (muliple LNB's and switch), but can receive FTA, and at least 1 DN satellite...so yes, a DTV antenna can receive "FTA" DN signals..

2.Does DN&DTV share sats11O/119?

2...yes DTV and DN do share BOTH the 110 and the 119 satellites..DTV5 and DN Echo 10 & 11 on the 110 ....and DTV7 and DN echo 7 on the 119
http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html

3.I saw a card reader on Ebay for a C00lsat,Will they soon be needed for future use?

3...That information is unknown at this time. C00lsat readers were used commonly in the past with DN rom cards during the last Nagra encryption change from N1 to N2...but little is know now about Nagra 3 and its future use with CS readers..

In your future posts, I suggest U define "FTA" , as some is "in the clear"s and other is "encrypted, and FTA uses various polarities and frequencies....all of which may require use of hardware other than DTV..so the answers provided by me were true, if referring to many "FTA" satellites, but not all..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13884
If you want to, you can use DTV Dish for getting DN signals,

but do NOT use DTV LNBs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Let me tell you this. I had no luck using Directv Dish and LNBs with Sonicview Viewsat and Pansat except their Dish 300 size Dish. I used the made in japan LNB that came with it for ECHO 1,2 @148w. But that's not all, it gets better, with C@@LSAT, I've been able to use Directv's Phase III Dish and its lnbs for 110 and 119 and get all the channels from these to sats. But now since the C@@LSAT has tranformed into C@@LSUCK with its trashy suppport I dont use it anymore. Otherwise I would let u know the configuration. All I got now is Sonicview and I still use Directv Dish and LNB for 148w. Here's the link to a pic of Directv Dish that I use.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/319H9G6PAAL._SL500_.jpg

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7008
Liger
This is Winegard dish same as for DishNetwork, Bell, Direct TV, StarChoice, RCA etc.
You can put the lnb you want on it.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1655
Are plymouth and nalin retarded?...

YES, you can use a DTV LNB for FTA, with NO problems!...and Yes, you can use DTV dishes for FTA...and Yes, DTV and DN, DO share the 110 and 119 orbits...any other answers are simple ignorance..

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7009
Haha
Note that i had not see the picture of dish, it is why i says he can't use DTV LNB for 110-119.

DN is 9 degree spacing-- 110-119
DTV is 7.9 degree spacing-- 111.1-119

It can or can't work in regard with his position for those 2 birds.

Learn, learn, learn

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
ROB SKYDIVER,
Here's a good answer for you. If you got the directv dish, try using it. If it works, then post your findings here, if not, well then you get a dish network antenna and use that. If you got none and want to aquire one, then I suggest you go ahead and get a dishnetwork antenna, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble. cool!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Thanks for all the replies!
My neighbor sold me a C@@lsat 6000 for $10.00, I figured I'd give it to a relative if it can be used with their current setup to test IIO/II9. If it's possible to p/u these two sats without having to re-point the DTV antenna that's already on the roof (sub's equipment) than it'll be worth the shipping fee, but if the DTV dish needs to be re-aimed or if a DN LNB is required, than that would be too much of a hassle (at least for a C@@lsat anyway).
As for now,the C@@lsat is working well! However,My computer doesn't have a RS232port, so I won't have much use for it.
I noticed that C@@lsat has a exchange/buy back program for the 4000, 5000, 6000 systems on their home page,I guess their not going to support them soon.
I've heard that their not very reliable, when they go down it's usually the last system to get a new key/bin,is that true?
Anyhow,if I do give it away, I'll post the outcome on this thread.
Thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
BTW.I just saw an DishNetwork instruction video to assist in using the new "G3 Smart Card".Anyone looking forward to the new setup?}

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13888
Liger's answer makes great sense
"Here's a good answer for you. If you got the directv dish, try using it. If it works, then post your findings here, if not, well then you get a dish network antenna and use that."

The simple farmer (bringing a horse) told the Greek philosophers: "The best way to know the number of teeth in a horse's mouth is to open his mouth and count."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us