Need help aiming 30"Winegard with SG2100 Motor & Invacom LNB.

Bronze Member
Username: Viewsat_ultra

Post Number: 65
I would appreciate some(Spoon feeding)help aiming a 30" Winegard DS2076 antenna with DigiPower SG2100 Motor & Invacom QPH-031 LNB for use with a Viewsat Ultra.
Thanks again to:
"The Coders,Plymouth,King Tapeman and The FTA Tester" for assisting me with finding the required input settings for a motorized dish.
http://www.dishpointer.com/ are GREAT sites and were very helpful!
With the Dish Setup Data that you provided I was able to set the dish to the correct parameters (at least I think I've setup correctly).

I live in Plantation,Fl 33324 I'm @ Latitude 26.10° , longitude 80.28°.
I set the motor to 26.1° on the "Latitude" side of the bracket and on the opposite side of this bracket is a scale for "Elevation" which is set at 64°.I set the Dish Elevation "Declination Angle" for 25.6° (30° minus 4.4°=25.6°)I called the manufacture of the motor to confirm that these values are correct and the guy that I spoke to assured me that they are.
I re-mounted the antenna for better line of sight and made sure the pole was level and plumb before mounting to the pole.I also got rid of the DP34 switch that I was trying to use,instead I installed a DISEqC switch and set the "C and L" to lines 1 and 2.
I used a compass to find Magnetic Azimuth @ 185.8° (I hope that my compass displayed the correct angle) which should be equal to True Azimuth @ 180.0° for my location.
If the above info is correct than it's time for the hard part,finding the satellites!
Thanks again for all your help thus far! Would you please guide me the rest of the way?
1. How would I know for certain that I'm indeed pointing at "True South"?
2. From what I understand I need to set the Invacom LNB as "Standard",correct?
What next?

While I await further instructions I will review the previous info that you provided.I just want to make sure that the info provided still pertains to my current settings.
Thank You!

Username: Taxx31

Post Number: 9
just get a professional installer to do everything initially. money worth spending.

i learnt a lot from watching and asking questions from my installer.

im putting up my 36" dish this weekend. really excited.. the thing looks like a beast.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
How much was the fee? I asked for a quote two years ago when I first bought this equipment and was told $200.The dish is mounted and the cable has been run, all I need is the dish to be pointed.at this point I don't require all possible sats but for $200 I would expect nothing less than "perfect" alignment.The problem is that I've already spent more than that between the antenna,lnb,and motor.A DN500 would've been a better purchase.Hind sight is 20/20, now that I've invested money,time and wore out most of my patience I may as well see if I can set this up.
Otherwise, Hey do you want to buy a like new/never pointed 30" Winegard DS2076 antenna with DigiPower SG2100 Motor & Invacom QPH-031 LNB ?HaHa!

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6888
Rob
What you need to know point by point?
What is the next you want know?

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1668
"1. How would I know for certain that I'm indeed pointing at "True South"? "

The house across the street south of you , point to the left side of the house , thats true south according to dishpointer.com. Then set your coordinates in your receiver for USALS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
King Tapeman said: "Since yor in Zip Code 33324
- Yor closest True South Sat iz AMC-5 at 79W
- Azimuth=86 degrees Elevation=41
- LNBF flat up matching 12 O'clock position
- Set yor LNB to Universal
- LNBH= 10750, LNBL= 9750
- Set yor Atenna settings to 79W at TP 12177 , Pol=H, S/R=20500, FEC=3/4
- Tweak yor dish to get highest Q Up/down Left/Right etc. to obtain highest Q
- Yor all set for intial position (0) True South
- Yo don't even have to scan that TP as long as yo got Q level"

Would I set the LNB to Universal or Standard?
I've read in other post that it should be "Standard" with frequency set as 10750.

***The following post looks promising,but I think I woud first need to know the proper settings to input into my Viewsat******

C/P from from PRFRMNJ and Kevin Reno True FTA testers

Motorized Dish

There are two types of HH motors. The one pictured above is a DiSEqC 1.2 motor. The other one is the STAB /USALS motor (also called DiSEqC 1.3). Both essentially do the same thing: Move the dish using the remote control of your FTA receiver. This is done by connecting a standard coax from the receiver to the motor and a second coax from the motor to the LNB. The motor is powered by the receiver

To install a motor, you need to know what direction is due south. This is not the same as due south according to a compass. You need to know the exact direction of the South Pole from your location.
Make a pushpin at your house. With the Location Sensor active, determine your exact Longitude. In this case, it is 149.021 West.
Using the address finder feature, select the Lat/Long tab and type in "0" for the latitude (the Equator) and your longitude, expressed as a negative number.
A pushpin is placed on the Equator at exactly the same longitude as your house. Zoom in on the pushpin as far as you can and draw a line all the way from that point to your house. You can zoom out and continue the line over the Pacific Ocean and zoom back in when to connect the line to your house.
When you have finished drawing the line, you can now see where true south is from your location.
Now that you have determined true south from your location, here is the reason why it is important to line up with true south:
Once you locate your true south, this is the zero point of your HH motor. Of course, if you aim your dish at that point, you may or may not get a signal because there may or may not be a satellite at that location.
What you need to do after determining your zero point is determine which satellite is closest to this point. This is entirely dependent on your longitude. If you are fortunate enough to live at 91 west or 119 west, then you have it easy. But most people are not that lucky. Most people need to locate a satellite that requires a Ku linear LNB.
Find the satellite closest to your zero point and subtract that value from the longitude of your zero point. For instance, your zero point (site longitude) is 149.5 and your nearest satellite is 148. 149.5 -- 148 = 1.5.
In this case, you would need to manually set your motor to 1.5 degrees away from the zero point. Since 148 is east of 149.5, you need to set the motor 1.5 degrees to the east of the zero point on the motor. These values are not shown on the motor so you will have to estimate.
When you have your motor set to the correct deviation from true south, you can now go outside and try to tune that satellite in the same way you would try to point for a fixed dish. Leaving the elevation bolt loosened enough to move the dish up and down; and leaving it loose enough on the pole to move it left and right, steer the dish until you get a signal. Remember that it is very important not to operate the motor while you try to locate this satellite!
Once you have a strong signal and have verified that the signal is indeed your "pointer satellite" and not some other satellite nearby, you can then tighten the bolts to hold the dish firmly in place. Hook up the motor to the FTA receiver and manually move the dish motor to see if any other satellites come in as the dish pans the arc.
If you do not get any other satellites, then you have probably done something wrong and you might even have to repeat the pointing process over and over again. Remember that dish pointing is not an easy thing to do. That's why installers get paid $100 to do it. Pointing a motorized dish is even more difficult and frustrating. It can take hours or days to do. The reward, however, is well worth the effort.
Since yor in Zip Code 33324

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
I believe that I'm pointing at true south.The www.dishpointer.com was a better reference than my compass was.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Based on the info provided,is "King Tapeman" correct when he stated:
Since yor in Zip Code 33324

Gold Member

Post Number: 1669
Do you understand how the QPH-031 works ? It has 4 outputs for 2 receivers , 2 are circular and 2 linear - you need a switch (and I recommend at least a cheita quality)to combine 1 linear and 1 circular output to 1 receiver then set the switch settings in your menu . As I mentioned before , the setting for the Invacom is "STANDARD".
ALSO
it doesn't matter what sat your pointing when using USALS

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3908
Rob
Most of the posts got delted
Do yo still have any questions?

The info I provided is the best way to get true south
It's not within the normal procedure
However if yo follow what I tell yo
It will work guranteed

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6892
Rob
Use 110W which have a strong signal for aligned your dish.

Do setting in 110W.
You cant use a DP switch and if you put a switch you put it BTW the LNB and Motor.
Hook it in circular for now.
Go in motor menu put it:

LONGITUDE: 80.2N note: use Arrow up or down to put West or East
LATITUDE:26.1W.
Press "Go to reference" Wait 10 secondes then press "Move" Exit and save, wait 20 secondes, put your motor on "off", now your dish must point on 110W.

Now try to found the best signal for 110W start with azimut then the elevation.
If you get strong signal now set the motor to "on"
Come back with the result.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
I do understand to a degree,I knew that the 4 outputs are for two circular and two linear.Iwas told to get rid of the DP34,so I thought I could use a DISEqC with 1 coax from circular and 1 coax from linear to the DISEqC switch then 1 coax to the motor and out to the receiver.Now I assuming that I'm incorrect.Am I incorrect?
Thanks for verifying that it is indeed standard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1671
"It's not within the normal procedure"

I'd say

Gold Member

Post Number: 1672
That's correct Rob but don't use a cheap cooIsat one , they last about a week lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
*The Coders*
I'll p/u the switch when I get a chance, but just for testing purposes can I use the DISEqC for now?
*King*
I tried Universal but TP 12177 wasn't an option,that's why I questioned if it's indeed Universal that I need.Also because I saw previous posts mentioning Standard.
*Plymouth*
I would like to shoot for 110/119 but shouldn't I start with a closer sat as King stated?
I thank you all for your knowledge and patience.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6897
Rob if you listen everybody you will be crazy and work for nothing.

Hook only on Circular for now without switch, later you will put the switch.
Don't try to set all in same time.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6898
Rob
Use 110W which have a strong signal for aligned your dish.

Do setting in 110W.
You cant use a DP switch and if you put a switch you put it BTW the LNB and Motor.
Hook it in circular for now.
Go in motor menu put it:

LONGITUDE: 80.2N note: use Arrow up or down to put West or East
Press "Go to reference" Wait 10 secondes then press "Move" Exit and save, wait 20 secondes, put your motor on "off", now your dish must point on 110W.

Now dish roof time: try to found the best signal for 110W start with azimut then the elevation.
If you get strong signal now set the motor to "on"
Come back with the result.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
*Plymouth*
If all of my settings are correct and I'm pointing at 0 degrees.Can I just input my Lat & Long and have the dish move to 110?

Wouldn't I have to first subtract my "Longitude" of 80.28W from 110W and input 29.72w? Is it that simple?
(If my math is correct,BTW,is it?)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1674
"Rob if you listen everybody you will be crazy and work for nothing."

Plymouth is correct Rob , listen to me - I install motors.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6899
Rob
It not work only because you think your dish is OK

IN MOTOR MENU put it:
LONGITUDE: 80.2N use Arrow up or down to put West or East

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Okay,I will remove the switch as you say.So 1 wire from either of the Circulars connecting to the motor and 1 wire out of the motor to the Viewsat.I'll do that now.
BTW I moved the motor earlier,I'll connect as you say,and reset the motor at 0 Degrees.After I reset to 0 let me know how to store that position.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6900
"""LONGITUDE: 80.2N note: use Arrow up or down to put West or East
Press "Go to reference" Wait 10 secondes then press "Move" Exit and save, wait 20 secondes, put your motor on "off", now your dish must point on 110W."""

As i says press """go to reference""" in motor "USALS" menu and the motor will be perfect "0"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
I connected as you instructed,(no switch just 1 coax from C to motor and 1 Coax to Viewsat).I manually set to zero and noticed that you mentioned that I could set to zero from remote.**Good to know.
Okay, I'm located at North Lat 26.1 and West long 80.28.Let me make sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
North Lat 26.1 and West long 80.28.zip 33324
Right??

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6903
Yes right

Gold Member

Post Number: 1677
incorrect , it's 80.3w

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Okay! I entered the stats, The antenna moved but the quality remained at zero.Should I save?
I still need to input the LNB type and freq,Right?
If so please tell me what to enter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
You're right The Coders! I'm closer to 80.3 Than I am 80.2.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6905
now in motor Usals press move and wait 20 secondes exit and save,
now put the motor to "off"

Coders is right 80.3 Sorry

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Did That.Now what?
As I said the quality remained at zero.not a good sigh,however I still need the freq.etc...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6906
had you set your satellite on 110W as I says?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Yes,Shouldn't I enter Standard nb,10750 as freq though?
Let me know if I should do this or set at zero again by "go to reference".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Sat 110
LNB Power-On
LNB Freq???
22Khz-Off??
TP Freq????
DISEqC-Off
Motor-Is now set to off
Legacy Switch-None

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6907
No you must be in Antenna setup on 119W

put this setting:

LNB Type: Standard
LNB Freq: 11250
Tp Freq: 12701
Diseq: Port 1 for Circular and Port 2 for Linear(use Port 1 for now, it will be set when your switch is there).
Reply after it

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6908
Sorry Tp Freq on 12224

22KHz: off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
The closest # in available in the TP's is 12661,I don't have an option to go to 12701.
Just12224,12239,12253,12268,12282,12297,12311,12326,12341,12355,12370,12384,1239 9,12414,12428,12443,12457,12472,12486,12501,12516,12530,12559,12588,12574,12661, 12545,12603,12632,
Do you have a Viewsat Ultra?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6909
Yes i have a Vs Ultra

Plymouth
Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6908

Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:36 am: Edit Post
Sorry Tp Freq on 12224

22KHz: off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
After typing in all those numbers I just got your update for 12224.
I'm entering now.I' let you know what happens.

Nothing!! The message stated the dish is moving,but quality is still in the black.

Should we start over?
Go to reference?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6910
Look at your dish and check if it is turn on 110W or it point on "0"(south) and comeback

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
***Current settings*** Where shod I be?
Satellite- 119
LNB Power-On
LNB Freq-Standard
22Khz-Off
TP Freq-12224
DISEqC 1.0-Off
Motor-Is now set to off
Legacy SW-None

Before I go back on the roof I just need to make sure were on the same page.First you mentioned 110 then 119 now 110.
I will set to zero where ever it is and lets start over,Okay?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6912
Sorry it is 110W i do a Typo error

Do same thing with 110W and Do it in motor Usals :Press "Go to reference" Wait 10 secondes then press "Move" Exit and save, wait 20 secondes, put your motor on "off", now your dish must point on 110W
See your dish and confirm it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
I went up there and it looks like it was about 45 (but it's hard to see with the dish in the way) to the west which would be too far since I'm at 80.3?
My calculation is it should only move 38.7.

I'm setting back to 0 with the remote,I will go back up to make sure that it's at 0 and will pick it up from there.

In the meanwhile please confirm which sat and settings I should be on.Thanks.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6913
Rob
The dish must be on 110W not on "0"

press "Move" Exit and save, wait 20 secondes, put your motor on "off", now your dish must point on 110W
See your dish and confirm it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
I selected "Down-Go To Reference" and the message appeared on the screen stating that the dish is moving,so I went back on the roof to see if it set back to 0, but is was in the same place as it was the last time that I checked.
Maybe I pressed "OK-Move" instead of "Down-Go To Reference".
While I was up there I set to 0 manually. Are you sure that "Down-Go To Reference" sets the dish at 0 ?
Maybe I have to first set to zero.Then save to create a reference point.

Just to clarify, earlier I said:

"BTW I moved the motor earlier,I'll connect as you say,and reset the motor at 0 Degrees.After I reset to 0 let me know how to store that position".

And you responded:

"As i says press """go to reference""" in motor "USALS" menu and the motor will be perfect "0" "

Does this mean that I need to create zero as a reference point or does the "Down-go to reference" option automatically set the motor to Zero???
As I said,I may have pressed "ok-move" instead of "Down-go to reference"

I just need to know if I have to create a zero point because now would be a good time to do so,if needed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
BTW the motor moves 70 degrees east of the zero mark and 70 degrees west of the zero mark.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1679
No need to create zero point , "go to reference" will take you to "0" every time.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6916
OK
If I understand well the dish is point on 110W keep it like it.

Now check if you have signal, if you dont have, return on the roof, put a satellite tracker btw LNB and Motor and turn the dish on right and left for get a strong signal signal then do same thing with elevation on dish not the motor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
64% signal but 0% Quality!
I have a cheap sat finder that I will connect tomorrow,and try again.

The motor appears to have moved 36 degrees to the west (83+36=119) sounds right. However I have a DN500 close by and it appears that the dish that you're helping me with is a bit too far towards the west.Which Indicates, I didn't have true south after all, Right?

You said "put a satellite tracker btw LNB and Motor and turn the dish on right and left for get a strong signal signal then do same thing with elevation on dish not the motor".

Shouldn't I first make sure that I find true south for sure?
Or can I adjust the azimuth and elevation of the dish as you just stated?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6917
adjust the azimuth and elevation of the dish as I stated and forget the true south nobody use it.

Good thing that you have a second dish for reference.

Good night i'm dead now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
"Plymouth" and "The Coders" Thank you!
I used the sat finder that I purchased a few years ago and it worked better than I thought it would. I moved the dish a bit to the east and found signal right away. I tested 110 and found good quality, 119 has very low quality,but I still have to fine tune.Thanks to your help,I got this far. As The Coders posted

"If you do not get any other satellites, then you have probably done something wrong and you might even have to repeat the pointing process over and over again. Remember that dish pointing is not an easy thing to do. That's why installers get paid $100 to do it. Pointing a motorized dish is even more difficult and frustrating. It can take hours or days to do. The reward, however, is well worth the effort".

I noticed that if I saved the position in "User" mode, the motor would move from one sat to the next when changing channels. COOL!

I have a lot of questions but only a little knowledge, if you guys don't mind providing me with some more insight I'd appreciate it.

1.I still need to get a cheita switch,but for now should I put the DISEqC in place to connect the "linear"?
2.At this stage, I'm no better off than having a fixed dish. I don't know if I'll be able to hit more birds(still need to fine tune),but what else would you recommend that I shoot for?
3.Where/How would I find out what's on circular or linear?
4.Blah,Blah, what else should I know about motorized dishes?
Do you have any stickies for me to research?
Thanks again.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6919
ROB
""I noticed that if I saved the position in "User" mode, the motor would move from one sat to the next when changing channels. COOL!""

If your signal is too low the receiver do a search with the motorr for get best signal, do the scan with motor "off" and put on "Usals after the scan.

1) I use this outdoor switch the only one that never broke Digiwawe DGS-41M:
http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=95&MMN_position=97:5
Upload
2) A easy trick is take the dish arm and lift and raise for know what you need to adjust.
3) In regard with Lyngsat when you see R or L its circular and H or V its Linear.
4) Easy when you have one you don't want return to a simple dish.
5) Here is a list of sattelites you can try to get:

Satellite (name)-frequency/polarity/symbol rate
30 (Hispasat)-12172 H 27500 or 12132 H 27500
43 (IS-3R)-12050 H 23700
58 (PAS-9)-11612 H 3670 (Need a Universal LNB)
72 (AMC6)-12143 V 2573 or 12068 V 9755
74 (H2 AKA SBS6)-11733 H 6616
77 (G4R)- No active transponders
79 (AMC5)-12182 H 23000
82 (Nimiq2)-12224 V 20000 (need a DBS LNB)
83 (AMC9)-12140 V 30000 or 12160 H 30000 (data transponders. No active channels but strong signal)
85 (AMC2)-12194 H 3978
87 (AMC3)-11736 V 8333 or 11716 H 4859
89 (G28 AKA IA8)-11780 H 29000 or 11952 V 19532
91 (G11)-12060 V 26700
93 (G26 AKA IA6)-11710 V 14320 or 11865 V 3516
95 (G3)-11780 H 20760
97 (G25 AKA IA5)-12177 V 23000 or 12152 H 20000
99 (G16 AKA G4)-11760 H 30000 or 12100 V 30000 (data transponders)
101 (AMC4)-11822 H 5700 or 12120 V 30000
103 (AMC1)-12100 V 20000
105 (AMC15)-12175 H 17775 (data transponder)
107.3 (AnikF1)-11902 H 5859 or 11912 H 5859
110 (Dish 110)-12224 V 20000 (a lot of transponders on this satellite are spotbeams).. (DBS LNB needed)
111.1 (AnikF2)-11847V 5673
113 (Satmex6)-12080 H 25635
116.8 (Satmex5)-11740 V 30000
119 (Dish 119)-12238 H 20000 (do not use a V transponder as the 1st 5 are spotbeams).. (DBS LNB needed)
121 (Dish 121)-12014 V 20000
123 (G18 AKA G10)-11805 H 4580 or 11800 V 26660
127 (Horizon 1)-11938 V 21000
129 (G27 AKA IA7)-11964 H 2920 or use a DBS LNB and use 12457 V 20000
148 (Dish 148)-12224 V 20000 or 12253 V 20000....no H side transponders as the satellite co-located there failed

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3914
Rob
"I tried Universal but TP 12177 wasn't an option,that's why I questioned if it's indeed"

Yor mixing up between LNB freq and TP freq
The right installation for a motor is to point to true South

Everyone's is gonna tell yo trail and error
My technique is exact
Yo'll point south with exact precession
No guessing games

If yo don't have TP 12177
Simply add TP
In Chan Scan menu
It takes 10 seconds on VU-Sat
Freq 12177
S/R 20500
POL H
FEC 3/4

Once yo key TP manually it will show in TP selection
in Antenna setup
If yo successfuly get closest Sat near yor true south
Yo'll be able to get any sat on entire Sky Arc guranteed

It makes sense to yo cuz it's right procedure
It's up to yo
Yo can get the Arc by luck
Or yo can get it using King's unique techniques

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 269
ROB SKYDIVER
This Link will help some, all you need to do is SKY DIVE through some of the
Upload

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/437519.html

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3915
Universal or Standard
It doesn't matter
It's preset
I would say Universal as long as yo specify LNBH=10750 and LNBL=9750
This is for Sat 79W
After that yo can do whatever yo want

Standard means Standard Ku
It means 11.7 to 12.2 Standard Ku

Universal means 10.7 to 12.7 Ku
10.7 to 11.7 is mostly used in Europe
11.7 to 12.7 covers all North America Ku frequencies

Standard may not work on selective FTA tuners
Universal can work on any tuner
Not unless if it got non-variable settings for KuHi and KuLo

So it really depends on which tuner yor talking about
There is no one size fits all

Gold Member

Post Number: 1683
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1685
What is the difference between a Standard Ku band LNBF, Normal Ku band LNBF, and Universal Ku band LNBF?

There are 3 main types of LNBF's. The first is Standard. Standard & Normal LNB and LNBF's are the same. They are FSS linear and the frequency range is from 11.7GHz to 12.2GHz. The second type of LNB/F is Universal. The frequency range for a universal LNBF is 10.7GHz to 12.75GHz. This is more popular in Europe and the Middle East because their satellite broadcast within the 10.70GHz to 12.75GHz. The third and the most popular in the United States for DISH Network & DirecTV is DSS. DSS LNBF's are always circular. The frequency range is 12.2GHz to 12.7GHz.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6924
King
i repeat the answer i had give you on your new thread

Dont give answer when not asked, it is very hard to help on a motorized dish, that can confuse this guy.
------------------------------
King
note that i have installed 9 motorized until now.
first you select a satellite like 110W with strong signal before aim the dish and when position is end you power off the motor in motor menu.
Now you align your dish for get the best signal.
If your motor bracket is well adjust and your setting in Usals are right, it work every times.
Then you check on souther sattellite for best signal, then you check extreme east and west satellites for best signal you lift or raise the dish arm and do the adjustment for best signal on all satellites.

Very important: do a self positioning before trying to aim, because your motor should not be on the good position and will lose your time to aim it and hat your dish.
My best aiming and is 1 hours without scanning but it will be 2 hours.
Voila

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us