Username: Tacho

Post Number: 3
jvvh5897_puff_201e and
Tronics_PUFF_v201_FEMU_RollPuffFix

Let's Try

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 71
Tronics works but erases the existing list and requires complete rescan (loading a channel master list won't work). At least it won't puff roll so feel free to shut off the rocker switch... Great for those who get daily power failures ;)

Let's hear about the jvvh5897 :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13541
I looked for vvh5897_puff_201e at ftatalk.com but did not find it.
The newly released tronic bin is there at:
[link removed]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Sorry to repeat myself... it's posted at ftabins... http://www.ftabins. net/showthread.php?t=69196

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1538
There was a jvvh fix released 5 hours ago IDIOT nalin!

Jvvh5897 Puff 201e

C/P FROM JVVH5897

Here is what I've come up with.

I defeated the scan save to 7fed0000 (changed to 7fe60000 for the old 2500 convert). I change the 7feb0000 EMU use to 7fe60000 and the 7fec0000 to 7fe70000 and what I had thought was 7fe60000 was an error in the script, it really was 7fed0000, anyway I changed it to use 7fe60000 too--don't know what this last change will do, so far I don't see that this third block of the flash is in use, maybe it will never get used and we can't tell till testing shows that or someone with info on Full_EMU gives us a clue.

I found that there was an error in the use of the keys save in the new code using the EMU, it used a sector erase for the 30vf800 type flash (flash-code used in the bin code is 3) when it should have used a block erase. The flash-code 4 (used for the ultra boxes and I think for 2700 flash too) uses block erase and that looked OK to me, so I changed a condition jump to take both flash types to the block erase. While that fixes the keys save, it might not be the right mod for other needs. In the 39vf800 the sector erase does a 64K byte erase, the block erase does 0x1000 erase. Come to think of it that could be bad for results of scans, so for now don't update channels.

Oh, for those of you that have followed some of the threads, I have been using a scan save to reduced space in the flash, I made the mods in this bin for that even though it is not going to make any diff. I changed the file size I use to match the size you guys have been using 0x70000 bytes. It should be compatable with what you use.
WARNING: Use all files at your own risk.

http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?p=360602#post360602

puff_201e.zip

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13557
That was a post by somebody else and using a C/P.
YOU, the idiot has no idea that the PUFF_201e has been withdrawn.

That is what happens to you and your second hand information.

Now take a hike and go watch football.
You are a big anomaly and a pain in the neck in the PUFF discussion.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1540
Only thing withdrawn is your brain!...there are 2 new files

just cause U use sites that are antiquated and not updated, doesn't mean that files don't exist!

1..tronics

2...jvvh

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13560
The version e has been withdrawn by jvvh and is replaced by his version f, which is still experimental.

GO AND TAKE A DIVE IN LARGO KEY

Silver Member
Username: Espn3

Post Number: 295
Nalin, PUFF201 is for FLU converted to Pansat ?
If YES why they don't use PUFF300, PUFF301, etc. ?
What's the difference between PUFF201 and PUFF299 ?
Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13565
The insides of the new BIN are a somewhat radical deparature from the old thinking.
The old method was to bring the same functionality.
The new method is to have as much of an exact copy of the original and retain the functionality in the original offical receivers of DN.
This approach will help solve new ECMs faster and hopefully make the development of a full EMU for nagravision 3 easier.
Blacklist tested his full EMU on Satopia first, and then on the 3500 about 2 months ago.
Now it is on Pansat 2700.

Bronze Member
Username: Teknofreak

Post Number: 25
PARDON ME NAILIN IN ORDER TO USE THIS NEW PUFF201 VS THE LAST 299 DO I HAVE TO DO A CONVERSION AND HOW N WHERE DO I GET IT TO FIX A PANSAT 2500A THANX A LOT

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13567
If you are already PUFFed, and using PUFF_299, you do not have to reinstall anything before installing PUFF_201.
with the Tronic BIN the PUFF roll issue has been fixed; with the others you have to shut off soon after the fist letter P appears after installation.
The BINs of yesterday can be installed and kepr on, otherwise they will start P-U-F-Fing. Tronics BIN allows you to shut off the receiver, but has more freezing and loss of scanned channels.
Take you pick or wait for yet another improved BIN in the next 24 hours.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
No conversion as it's puff based, but it is a very different beast. Trouble is it's very flaky and you'll lose your channel list and will have to scan your sats again. In any case you can't use channel master with it anymore.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Sorry for the crosspost. Dial-up is the pits...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us