Wharfedale 21" CRT TV (M2126) Help Required

Username: Silent_hunter

Isle Of Wight England

Post Number: 1
I have had this TV for a little over a year now, and now its dead.

(I'll explain what happened, I had been using this TV and an extra screen for my PC for quite some time, but the cable I was using wasn't really long enough so i decided to "bodge" two together, and when I connected it up to my tv again the tv went blank.)

So after this accident, I took the TV's cover off noticed the one of the capacitors was bulged so i replaced it. The TV still didn't work.
All I get is; when I first switch it on (stand by) I get the normal bright red LED light come on, but then it goes dim, after pressing the on bottom on my remote the LED goes off completely and I get not sound and no picture from the TV.

So what I really want to know is, does anyone know what is wrong with it, can it be fixed (by me or an electrician) or would it be better to cut my losses and buy a new TV?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to reading your responses.

Username: Tvtony

Athenry, Galway Ireland

Post Number: 1
I can't advise you on your TV im afraid but I have a wharfedale 21" which I tried to fit an earphone Jack and crossed two wires which burnt out the, I think, volume chip. It's the one next to where the plug with the two wires which go to the speaker is attached to the circuit board. I have a good TV but with no volume. If yours is ok and you decide to trash your TV I would be interested in buying the chip from you so that I can replace it. You can contact me at tony.j.luff@gmail.com}}}}

Username: Silent_hunter

Isle Of Wight England

Post Number: 2
Hi,

Tony, I'm afraid that TV has settled nicely into TV heaven now. I trashed it a couple weeks after my post.
I'd suguest looking at http://www.rs-components.co.uk/ for the chip you require, there might be a chance they'll have it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us