Starchoice 26" by 36" dish

Username: Kooldaddy

Post Number: 1
i am buying a sonicview 360 elite and are a neebe and are told different storys. i have installed outside a Starchoice 26" by 36" dish and want to now what satellites and channels i could get in Atlantic Canada,,some say none,some say 5-8 channels and here it said satellites 82,91,101,110,119,,Which means nothing to me. Would i be able to get some of the normal channles on tv. the channels that most people watch.nbc,abc fox and so on and what about software to do this. Where i am buying the reciever they say put on a circular lnb but here it said it has two linier lnb' on it and can get 82,91,101,110,119 which means what in channnels. I really don't need to now if the signals fall from the sky, i want to now what channels. Is this set up going to be ok.

Thanks Dean

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4252
www.l*yngsat.com
for all the channel names and dishes
www.dishpointer.com for all the sat avaialble in your area..
plymouth and nalin can help you better,

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13186
The Dish can be used a s reflectr, but the Star Choice LNB will not work.
You can get a special bracket for 5 lnb's, but at present you should be statisfied with either a two eyed thing called 110/119 o\(one LNB with 2 eyes). Iprefer two separate dual output standard circular LNBs one for 110W (for two receivers) and the other one for 119W (for two receivers) on a small bracket. At present you can't get 82 and 91W.
You will get over 800 channels with the above installation and plenty of news and PPV and other entertainment, and of course ABC, FOX, PBS etc.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5847
Dean start with a cicular LNB like your reseller says you.
The best choice for your location is Dn Echo 10.11 110W, maybe you can be able to get 118W too but i'm not sure.
For 82 and 91, wait for now because Bev is dowm.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5854
Sorry
Not 118 but 119

Dean start with a cicular LNB like your reseller says you.
The best choice for your location is Dn Echo 10.11 110W, maybe you can be able to get ""119W"" too but i'm not sure.
For 82 and 91, wait for now because Bev is dowm.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4254
the star choice that has not straigt lnb arm won't work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us