Re-Aiming your dish antenna to another provider

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1077
Re-Aiming your dish antenna to another provider: by - Grandpooba - 2008-02-08

Your receiver has the ablities to receive B3v but you are currently aimed at DN, or you are aimed at B3v and want DN.
The first thing that you do is goto a satellite aiming site, this is the one I like to use http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

For this excerise we will be re-aiming the dish from 91W nimiq 1 to 110W Echostar 8/10, However the procedure will work for DN to B3v.

You get the Elevation readings for your current satellite that your dish is aimed at (91W), and the readings for the desired new satellite (110W).

Example from San Francisco California USA: Changing from 91W Nimiq 1 to 110W Echostar 8/10;

Using the satellite aiming site, we have found the following;
Elevation for 91W Nimiq 1 is 35.3 degrees
Elevation for 110W Echostar 8/10 is 44.3 degrees
NOTE: these readings will vary as to location, you MUST get the readings for YOUR location.

You would subtract the larger elevation from the smaller elevation, 44.3 deg. minus 35.3 Deg. = 9 Degrees DIFFERANCE.

Now goto your dish antenna and MARK IT, Dish collar to the pole, and elevation dish to the elevation scale with a sharp pen or fine point "Magic marker', so you can return to the original settings. You should have your receiver or satellite finder setup to read Strenght indication for the new satellite 110W.

Assuming you are currently aimed at 91W Nimiq 1, read the Elevation scale on the dish and write it down,it ideally would be at 35 Deg. however these scales can be incorrect. To re-aim at 110W, you would add the 9 Degrees difference to the reading you have taken from the dish. If you read 37 degrees and add 9 Deg. you would have 46 degrees on the scale. So set the dish elevation for 46 Degrees.

To aim the azmuth, we are aimed at 91W, we know that from the northern hemisphere facing South the lower orbital numbers are to your left and higher to your right. To re-aim the dish we want to move the dish 19 degrees to the right. The elevation is set at 46 Deg. the collar and elevation setting has been marked so we can return to the original settings. We now loosen the dish collar and turn the dish to the right
I have found that 10 degrees is about 1/8 inch of distance on a standard 1 5/8 inch dish pole, so for 19 degrees it would be about 1/4 of a inch from the original pole markings, turning the dish to your right w/pole in your belly. S-l-o-w-l-y move the dish left and right ontil you peak the reading, verify that you are receiving 110W on the satellite dish setup screen, lock the dish collar with the collar locking bolts. Repeat the peaking process for the elevation, and lock it.

You can go from 110W to 91W using the same procedure, but turning the dish to the left and re-aiming the elevation.

---------------------------------------------------------

Next... just input the new antenna LNB and sat settings into the receiver, do new scans, let EPG populate and wait for keys to AR... and watch V

Bronze Member
Username: Krunch

Are you living life or...

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the great info Just, this is exactly what I was looking for (from bev to dn). Have been thinking about trying this, and had no idea.
However, this part... "Next... just input the new antenna LNB and sat settings into the receiver" is what throws me off. Right now when I go into satllites on my fortec LU I do not see "echostar" listed anywhere. Should it be in the list? Do I have to creat it? And what settings do I need for 110 (or whatever DN is on)??

Any help would be appreciated, or pointed to the right place if its been posted before.

Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1103
bump...

scan the new sats...and make sure ya have the dish aligned correctly and recheck the new antenna settings..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12944
If you are using the latest cnversion BIN 295, you should have ECHO 7KU for 119W and ECHO 8,10KU or ECHO 10,11KU or ECHO 8KU for 110W in your Antenna setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1122

Your receiver has the ablities to receive B3v but you are currently aimed at DN, or you are aimed at B3v and want DN.
The first thing that you do is goto a satellite aiming site, this is the one I like to use http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

For this excerise we will be re-aiming the dish from 91W nimiq 1 to 110W Echostar 8/10, However the procedure will work for DN to B3v.

You get the Elevation readings for your current satellite that your dish is aimed at (91W), and the readings for the desired new satellite (110W).

Example from San Francisco California USA: Changing from 91W Nimiq 1 to 110W Echostar 8/10;

NOTE: these readings will vary as to location, you MUST get the readings for YOUR location.

You would subtract the larger elevation from the smaller elevation, 44.3 deg. minus 35.3 Deg. = 9 Degrees DIFFERANCE.

Now goto your dish antenna and MARK IT, Dish collar to the pole, and elevation dish to the elevation scale with a sharp pen or fine point "Magic marker', so you can return to the original settings. You should have your receiver or satellite finder setup to read Strenght indication for the new satellite 110W.

Assuming you are currently aimed at 91W Nimiq 1, read the Elevation scale on the dish and write it down,it ideally would be at 35 Deg. however these scales can be incorrect. To re-aim at 110W, you would add the 9 Degrees difference to the reading you have taken from the dish. If you read 37 degrees and add 9 Deg. you would have 46 degrees on the scale. So set the dish elevation for 46 Degrees.

To aim the azmuth, we are aimed at 91W, we know that from the northern hemisphere facing South the lower orbital numbers are to your left and higher to your right. To re-aim the dish we want to move the dish 19 degrees to the right. The elevation is set at 46 Deg. the collar and elevation setting has been marked so we can return to the original settings. We now loosen the dish collar and turn the dish to the right
I have found that 10 degrees is about 1/8 inch of distance on a standard 1 5/8 inch dish pole, so for 19 degrees it would be about 1/4 of a inch from the original pole markings, turning the dish to your right w/pole in your belly. S-l-o-w-l-y move the dish left and right ontil you peak the reading, verify that you are receiving 110W on the satellite dish setup screen, lock the dish collar with the collar locking bolts. Repeat the peaking process for the elevation, and lock it.

You can go from 110W to 91W using the same procedure, but turning the dish to the left and re-aiming the elevation.

Next... just input the new antenna LNB and sat settings into the receiver, do new scans, let EPG populate and wait for keys to AR... and watch V

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12974
When you want to look up the correct angle
[link removed]
http://www.hollsco.com/Products/SatCalc/

http://www.sadoun.com/
This site has all the gadgets necessary for aiming your dish - from a simple compass to a sophisticated electronic device used by professionals, with instructions for eah.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1127
U R a child...

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5479
Good info Nalin
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1168

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5588
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Post Number: 12974

Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 11:14 am: Edit Post
[link removed]

This site has all the gadgets necessary for aiming your dish - from a simple compass to a sophisticated electronic device used by professionals, with instructions for eah.

Bronze Member
Username: Directmc

Post Number: 14
A great utility can be found here.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/528476.html

Bronze Member
Username: Princealbert

Post Number: 46
I am having trouble getting a signal on my new dish500. Testing a sv1000 that was previously set to receive b3v. Am now trying to get 110.0w I am pretty sure that all of my elevation, skew and azimuth are correct. My dish settings are as follows.
sat echostar 6,8
lnb power on
lnb type single
lnb freq 10600
transponder 12224
22KHz off
search option all
network search on
Diseqc Port 3( I am using the swithch that origanally came with the unit and have the lnb's going into port 3 and 4)
motor disable
legacy sw off
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Sam_patel

Post Number: 97
-------

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5607
Fred
110w
LNB Freq: 11250
Tp Freq: 12224

Bronze Member
Username: Princealbert

Post Number: 47
Thanks for the information Plymouth, but I still can't get a signal, will keep on working at it.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 700
The settings for dn and bv are the same

Enter settings from 82w to 110w -lnb type and diseqc port and do the same for 91w for 119w

When trying to get signal on 119w use TP 12239 -- The first TP 12224 is not conus beam and you may not get quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1199
Again plymouth posts wrong bogus info...LMAO

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5644
Albino
I get strong signal from 12224 and many channels from my location

Anyway the tp freq is only for see if you get the good satellite and have nothing to do with the scanning.

Try it, use a tp freq with no signal and do a autoscan and you will see that you get all channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
"use a tp freq with no signal and do a autoscan and you will see that you get all channels"

LMAO @ plymouth...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5645
Only the LNB Freq is very important for scanning

Haha you are a idiot who no nothing
So close your big mouth.

You only know wath you read and not test nothing at all.

Take your pills

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255

Next... just input the new antenna LNB and sat settings into the receiver, do new scans, let EPG populate and wait for keys to AR... and watch TV

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13152
[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 1256

Next... just input the new antenna LNB and sat settings into the receiver, do new scans, let EPG populate and wait for keys to AR... and watch TV

Bronze Member
Username: Rockman169

Canada

Post Number: 48
so am they any where you can aim you dish to get some english channels other than bev and charlie . and how many can you get .i know you talk about ccg on here what that like

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5755
Rockman169
Read this thread:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/528790.html

Bronze Member
Username: Rockman169

Canada

Post Number: 50
thanks plymouth

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5762
You are Welcome

Bronze Member
Username: Upinkumin

Post Number: 26
This might come across as uneducated...

assuming you had the receiver and the correct bin file hooked up to dn. then you move, and there is already a dish set up there for bev. could you simply install your receiver and scan?

if so, how would one know what settings to put in?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5792
Upin_Kumin
Both use same Bin files but you must reaimed the dish and do settings and scan the new satellite.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13168
You either scan for BEV (BEV is not available now because of Nagra 3) or you reaim as Plymouth said and scan for DN

Gold Member

Post Number: 1269
aaah...thats what the FIRST post in my thread here is all about...re-aiming the dish to another provider...fricking genuises!...pathetic posts and replies to an already first post in this thread!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5802

Gold Member

Post Number: 1276
plymouth and nalin = Ooooh, got caught again repeating haha's..

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5805
haha you search trouble tonight

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13173
justforhaha's: It is time for your meds.
And no drinking ---- OK?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5808
Prozac time

Haha aka Lk is a little bit agitated tonight

Gold Member

Post Number: 1278
naw...your redundancy is pathetic, like you...but you're so stupid that it makes me chuckle....LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13175
justforhaha's: Chuckle as much as you want. Many psychos do that because of thoughts roaming about in their mind. Make sure people see you do that, so somebody can call an ambulance and send you off to......

Bronze Member
Username: Upinkumin

Post Number: 27
thank you for your response.

am i to understand that BEV will not function until nag3 is cracked?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13179
Upin_Kumin:
"am i to understand that BEV will not function until nag3 is cracked?"

You are absolutely right

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5832
Upin_Kumin

You are right