CW600S - Clone - Not Powering up

Bronze Member
Username: Acuraboys

Post Number: 12
Im helping my friend to load the new bin for CW600s clone (advance sat)....after loading the receiver displays END....after switching off the on/off switch from the back, the receiver is not powering up.....any help to get his working....

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5718
Acura

I don't know if that work for a clone but you have nothing to lose to try it.

Power off switch on back panel, press and hold front power button then power "ON" back panel switch, now you must see Boot on display, release front button then load the factory bin file from captivework.com , do a hard reboot then load the latest bin file, it must work now then rescan your satellites.

Bronze Member
Username: Acuraboys

Post Number: 13
Plymouth....is it captiveworksS.com? becos i couldnt find any factory bin on captivework.com

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 693
Here is factory bin for cw600s[link removed]

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1257
If its a clone you are SOL...using new clone killer files since fix 193

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5747
Acura sorry
It is captiveworks.com

Clone killer file are for 700s and 800s

Bronze Member
Username: Arvalan

Post Number: 39
hi rhere, please help me. i have same problem, after load the factory file CW600s premium doesn't display anything. only power red light is turn on

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5767
For Captiveworks clone

ok try this
turn off on back panel switch
unhook LNB cable
hook up cable from pc to box
open loader put in the latest bin file(dont load the factory) and click start
hold down front power button and turn on back switch
see if that starts the loading

You may have to do it many times.

reply with the result

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1259
CW 600's have had clones for a few years now, as addresed many times by chancysand....now they are being killed by the CW coders, when bins made for GENUIUNE receivers are being upoaded to clones...this includes the 700 and 800's too!..

Coo*lsat, then Pansat did this...now Captivewporks is doing this too!

Bronze Member
Username: Arvalan

Post Number: 40
Hi plymouth, i did it as u said, but no luck, i tried so many time

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5786
arvalan.a

NO BOOT?

If you are unable to get the unit to stay in boot mode, there is one last chance that you may be able to revive your receiver. Connect an RS232 Null Modem cable to the receiver and run the V1.06 software on your computer. You will need the factory software before continuing.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOAD ANY SOFTWARE ONTO THE BOX VIA USB TO SERIAL CABLE!

There is currently no way for you to load the receiver using a USB to Serial Cable (this applies because you are attempting to load the receiver in boot mode). You will actually have to connect to a serial port on the computer or you will not be able to continue.

Once everything is ready to update the receiver, reboot the STB.

While the receiver displays 'boot' on the LCD screen, press the start button in the updater software on the computer. Hopefully your receiver will start to load the factory software.

If your receiver does not start the transfer, attempt this several more times because your timing, may be off and there is not an exact science as to when to press the start button on the software.

If you are not able to get the software to transfer, check your settings and try again. If the software will not take, and you are sure that your settings are correct and the cable is good, you may now throw your receiver away.

If you are able to get the software to load, attempt to reboot the unit. If the receiver still does not turn on correctly or continues to show signs of being dead, try to load the software again. If you continue to have problems once the software has loaded after a second or third time, congratulations you may now throw your receiver away.

If your receiver makes it all the way through the boot up and displays a channel or Menu Screen and you are able to navigate through your settings on the box, do a factory default ('All' option) and load the factory software again followed by another factory default ('All' option) before attempting to load the correct software for the PREMUIM receiver.

Hopefully this has helped you and you are now enjoying TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us