Can this setup work?

Silver Member
Username: Fahadriz8

Post Number: 129
http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setupjc5.jpg

thats a pic of what it looks like.

Lets say, only one wire is brought down from the 119/110 satellite because of previous setup conditions. can that wire be run through a splitter and plugged into diseqc port 1 and 2 to get 119 and 110. (When its plugged into 1, the 119 channels work and when its plugged into 2, the 110 channels work but its a hassle to change the wires)

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 953
lol No but will work with two wires from dish to sw21 then diseq switch

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
is there a risk of damaging equipement if its tried?

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
and is there a way to get both 110 and 119 with the current setup and only one wire coming down?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5071
Vince
Is the LNB for 110-119 have only one output or you use a switch?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12573
Try a splitter designed for bidirectional traffic, preferrably an amplified splitter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
it has 2 outputs, plymouth but im saying just how its setup right now, because the switch is inside the house.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12578
The splitter should be on the output at the LNB.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Nalin, whats the only way i can make both 110/119 work with only one wire coming down? or what are my options?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12579
Conect one wire to diseqC at input port 1 and leave the port 2 empty.
Scan 119 first, using diseqc #1. The disconnect in the antenna setup and scan 110 with diseqc setting as "NONE" (also try 2)
If this does not work, try a splitter before entering DiseqC and the connect the two to 1 and 2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
Nalin, I tried scanning with the wire in port 1, and i get 119. Then with the wire in port 2, i get 110. you think the splitter will work? and if so which one? since there are so many types.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 707
You do NOT use splitters with FTA!..You use switches!...or nothing at all, depending on your Dish type and its LNB's..

If you have a TWIN or Quad LNB, then you need no switches, ..if you have 2 Dual LNB's, then ya use 1 disque switch that connect FROM the 2 cables from the 2 LNB's..

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
Justforhaha, look at the picture i posted in the first post. In this case there is only one wire coming down from the 110/119 satellite. and its a dish 500 with this lnb.

[link removed]

how can i make that work?

this was the setup i was thinking of
http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setupjc5.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
Thats NOT a picture its a diagram...You need to provide us with real pics and type of disg and LNB's...Nobody can give you a precise answer based on the little info you gave..

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
justforhaha, there are two different satellites. one is a twin lnb and a dish 500. the other is a simple for 61.5.

At the moment i have two wires coming into the diseqc switch, one from 61.5 and one from 119.

However in the diseqc when i connect the 119 wire to port 1 i get 119 and when its connected to port 2, i get 110.

I was wondering if instead of running another cable from the 110/119 satellite if i can split the one wire into two and connect to port 1 and port 2 of the diseqc switch.

Any ideas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 714
[link removed]

If you have a TWIN or Quad LNB, then you need no switches,

What don't you understand?...ya run 1 cable to your receiver ( and 2 cables, if ya have 2 receivers) and watch the 110-119 satellites, after your do all the other necessary things, like aim the dish, load software, scan satellites, input antenna settings, etc..

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
but i need to have atleast one diseqc switch because i also have 61.5 connected.

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
Vince NO..If using only 1 receiver

If you want the 61.5 also, you can use a single or Dual which has 1 LNB, ....thats Dish 500 pic is a Dish Pro (DP) Twin LNB (has 2 LB's aka 2 round white lens, and 2 outlets)..

Then you must use a simple disque switch, and connect 1 cable from the DP Twin (110-119) into port 1, and 1 cable from the single/Dual (61.5) into port 3...leave port 2 open!...now go into your receiver settings and input that same info, along with all other info like the LNB's types, freq 11250 , etc...then scan the satellites, and watch TV...

Silver Member

Post Number: 716
Your settings will be something like this,even though you have no cable into port 2..

echo 7, 119...port 1 ...lnb type -ocs-dp
echo 8-10,110... port 2....same as above
echo 3, 61.5...port 3...either DP or standard, based on what ya have on that dish.
freq - 11250
etc...

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
ok thanks alot so the only way to get 110 is to run another cable down from the twin lnb, the one i have coming down cant be split into port 1 and 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
is that right justforhaha?

Silver Member

Post Number: 720
NO!...READ..run 1 cable from the TWIN LNB into port 1, and run 1 cable from the 61.5 into port 3 to a disque switch as I stated above..and then input the antenna settings I gave ya into the receiver and scan the satellites!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12583
Conect one wire to diseqC at input port 1 and leave the port 2 empty.
Scan 119 first, using diseqc #1. The disconnect in the antenna setup and scan 110 with diseqc setting as "NONE" (also try 2)
If this does not work, try a splitter before entering DiseqC and the connect the two to 1 and 2.

You are too preoccupied with splitting one wire.
The signal on the one wire is good enough for two 119 and 110.
You just do not connect the Disq port 2 - LEAVE IT OPEN. In the software you can call it 2 or "NONE" - either should work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
k nalin, when i connect it to diseqc #1 i get 119.

what should i do to scan for 110? can u say step by step?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12589

As I have said again and again, it is immaterial whether port 2 is connected - 110W will still comethrough as Port 2 with a setting of "NONE"
Make sure you have the LNB type as DSC-DP

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
k so change lnb type to dsc-dp.

what do u mean by disconnect in the antenna setup? and when im scanning for 110 where should the wire thats in port 1 should be connected?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12593
Wirw in port 1
Set up 119 antenna for scan of port 1 ans scan
set up 119 antenna to none.
go to 110 antenna set up
Set up "None" or 2 - IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DID NOT HAVE WIRE IN PORT 2.
scan.
go to 119 setup and activate Port 1 connection.

After connecting the wire on port q1 physically , YOU DO NOT LOOK AT IT AT ALL.
Just concentrate on installation menu and do as above.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Nalin on my pansat converted puff i dont see DCS-DP under lnb type? is there another name for it

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
I tried what you said but when i turn 110 to "off" in antenna settings it still scans for 119 channels.

When I connect the 119 cable straight into the reviever and set 119 to port 1 and 110 to port 2 it all works fine and i recieve both satelllites.

However I need to use the diseqc switch because i also need to plug in 61.5 into port 3 and when i go back to the diseqc switch i get a "no signal" message for 110.

Note: In antenna settings i have lnb type as standard for the 119/110 satellite.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12603
The single wire for an LNB which carries both 119/110 is usually a Dish LNB and you should try LNB type as DSC-DP

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
there is no dsc-dp. i am using pansat converted. maybe its under a different name?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12610
In pansat converted it is probably listed as "Dishpro"

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
k so this is what i did

- Plug the cable into port 1 of diseqc switch
- go to antenna setup, set 119 to port one and scanned.
- then go to antenna setup, set 110 to none and scanned

at this point when i scan 110, it scans the same transponders as 119.

although when i connect the wire directly it works fine. the problem is when i run it through the diseqc switch.

any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 229
Vince, when you connect a Dishpro twin LNB to an external diseqc switch (in your case a 4x1), you should connect both output ports of the LNB to the switch. You can connect them to ports 1 and 2, then connect your other coax for Echo 3 to port 3. One cable from the switch to receiver.

Each connection from a diseqc switch switch to a DP LNB will only use the default port of the LNB's internal diseqc switching it is connected to. On the twin from left to right, the default ports go 119--110. Thus, you need two cables.

Silver Member

Post Number: 778
Listen to repo..his suggestion will definitely work..run 2 cables from the Twin, and 1 cable from the 61.5

119-port1...110-port2...61.5- port3

This will obvious go against your goal of using less cables from LNB's, but who cares...its no biggie..good luck

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12628
I think the guy told us that he does not want to get two lines to one reviever.

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 104
Vince, my man, isn't it perfectly clear as long as you have been here, you should never listen to nalin?

Silver Member

Post Number: 786
Like MicK Jagger said...You can't always get what ya want!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12631
Mohamad Obama: The guy is looking for help and this a serious thread. Stay out.

justforhaha's: Keep to the point and the question asked in this thread.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 230
Vince:
Locate your diseqc switch near to the LNBs (including 61.5). Then use the cable that is now running from Twin, connect it to "to receiver" on diseqc -- you have 1 wire to receiver.

Or:

Instead of a diseqc, use an SW21 in your house with existing wires as you have them. Connect the cable from twin to Dish 1 side, and Echo 3 LNB to Dish 2 side (for example). Assign in switches in antenna setup like this:
119 diseqc port 1, sw21 Dish 1
110 diseqc port 2, sw21 Dish 2
61.5 diseqc NONE, sw21 Dish 2

OR:

Similarly, but instead of sw21, use 22khz. Connect line from twin to the OFF side, and Echo 3 LNB to the 22khz ON side (must do it this way). Assign in antenna setup switches as:
119 22khz OFF, diseqc port 1
110 22khz OFF, diseqc port 2
61.5 22khz ON, diseqc NONE

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is the same."

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 231
Sorry, should read above for the middle option:

Instead of a diseqc, use an SW21 in your house with existing wires as you have them. Connect the cable from twin to Dish 1 side, and Echo 3 LNB to Dish 2 side (for example). Assign in switches in antenna setup like this:
119 diseqc port 1, sw21 Dish 1
110 diseqc port 2, sw21 Dish 1
61.5 diseqc NONE, sw21 Dish 2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us