Nalin, were you able to figure how to get missing channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 38
Hi All!
I am missing lot of south Asian(Indian) channels on 118 only on pansat 3500. I am able to get all these channels on nfusion. I have dish500+, dish pro lnbs, getting 119,118, & 118 on one dish. Please anybody let me know if they figured out how to bring these channels back.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 929
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12136

Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 11:49 pm:
--------------------------------------------------
Before Nagra 3 takes over the PTA, Negro 1 will definitely take over Air Force one.
That is bad news to the bunch of Negro haters in this forum.
I posted this to laugh - I mean, just for haha.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12151
john:
Please look at this thread titled, "Scanning with 118/119

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/519602.html

and dimwit, Tooter go and do some testing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12154
john:
Please look at this thread titled, "Scanning with 118/119

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/519602.html

and dimwit, Tooter go and do some testing.

Ignore the interruptions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Nalin -
I tried what you suggested, however in step 2 you are saying to change to frequency 11250, lnb type universal, First tp 12239 (H). Here I am confused because I am using pansat 3500, it has lnb types universal 1 and 2, i am using universal 2, it automatically picks feq 9750-10750 and lnb power -. It won't let me change frequency to 11250. P.S I am using dp34 switch, dish500+, dishPro lnbs. Any other suggestion please, thanks for your help/time.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 470
Change your LNB type to Dish Pro , then you can enter 11250 for frequency for the 119..the 118 is a low freq 10750 with a universal type LNB in settings..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Sorry forgot to put my settings:

LNB Type : Dish Pro
LNB Frequency: 11250
LNB Power: ON
Diseq Swith: 1.0 (#1)

LNB Type: Dish Pro
LNB Frequency: 11250
LNB Power: OFF
Diseq Switch: 1.0(#2)

LNB Type: Universal 2
LNB Frequency: 9750-10750 (picks up auto.)
LNB Power: - (picks up auto.)

Diseq Switch: 1.0 (#3)

Justforhaha's--
You suggesting to scan 119. Why I need to scan 119? I am missing channels on 118.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12161
John: LNBs which have separate outputs for 118 and 119 - such as Dishpro should have two separate scans and preferrably under two different slates, i.e. scan ANIK3 under its own separate slate using 10750/11715 and under the 119 slate using 11750/12239. There is no conflict as the two output ports are separate.
You can create the ANIK 3 slate under Echo 9 or I prefer the unused ANIK 1 for the slate if you do not have the Anik 3.
If you have Dish 500+ or Dish 1000+ with DishPro LNB, we have done the job.

If you have non-Dishpro LNBs:
LNBs such as CB2008A which have output of 118 and 119 on each of the output ports - you may run into some problem after scanning the same or even separate slates under two different LNB settings. The CB 2008A does not give much problem, but the Digiwave version and other cheaper no name versions may. However you can use the 11250 setting to do a scan for TPs (Standard LNB setting) and then scan the channels separately using either Standard or Universal 2 setting.

You have not told us what your LNBs are. justforhaha does not have the setup and is talking theoretically - she does not even know the difference between the LNBs I am talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 472
nalin ...I was the first ever to post here about the 118 and its LNB's and requirementa, well before you even could spell P A N T E C or H A J I....I know more about DSS than you'll ever know..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12165
justforhaha: You have been on the forum since July, 2008. I have posted about 118 for over a year now.
People on drugs sometimes lose track of space and time - you must be on drugs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I can see Anik3 in the satellite section. It's just when I scan Anik3 I don't get all the channels I need. I am missing lot of indian channels when I scan. All the Indian channels I need are on 12033 (H) transponder. this is 0 quality. I also noticed is all Horizantal transponders have 0 quality. Any other suggestion.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12170
Can you post the full Antenna settings used?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12171
Also what LNB and size of Dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I am using Dish 500+, Dish Pro lnbs. Dual Band LNBF for reception of 118.7, 119 and 110 satellites. Please take a look at the picture to get more idea. Let me know if you need more informatin.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Also I am using dp34 switch.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12176
Your LNBF has a separate output for 118.7 and 119. However you are pointing to the same area. Therefore if you can get 119 channels you must be able to get the 118.7.
Scan 118.7 first and keep 119 disconnected.
LNB type has to be either Universal 2 or Dishpro.
LNB freq has to be either 10750 or 9650 to 10750
Just get all the TP frequencies in the list from Lyngsay starting with 11715 (V) 12155 (H) and do a full scan (Scan all).
Then disconnect the 118.7 and activate 119W connection.
LNB as before
LNB Freq 11250
Put in the full list of TPs from Lyngsat from 12224 (V0 or 12239 (H) to 12516 (V). Scan all. Then reconnect the 118.7.
When you connect/reconnect, do not have any receiver or DP34 power on.
Pansat 3500 is well known for inadequate power to DP34 and Dishpro LNBs. YOU SHOULD attach an old DN receiver to Port 1 output of the switch (KEEPING IT ON ALL THE TIME) and use the other ports for your FTA receiver(s).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12182
I just reread the thread and your setups are correct. The only thing missing in the information provided is what TPs are used and the sequence of scannig?
If doing a blind scan, it does not matter but to do a full scan and because you ARE having trouble, you should use ALL the TPs mentioned for 118 at lyngsat site.
http://www.lyngsat*com/packages/dish119.html
and do a full scan with these first.
I already suggested testing a 119 scan and if you are getting these chanles correctly then you are pointing to 118.7 as well. Another test you could make, is to do a blind scan of 118.7 with all the TPs erased and see if you are getting the same TPs as listed at lyngsat.
Having checked th ethread and you posts, I am getting a strong suspicion of power failure which can ans should, IN ANY CASE, corrected by anstalling an old DN receiver to power the system at port 1 output of DP34 or by using DP44 with a pwer inserter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Thank you Lalin for all your help. I finally figured the correct settings. I don't know how I missed this, I followed your steps in the previous steps and it worked like a charm.
Here are my settings for 118.7

LNB Type: Dish Pro
LNB Freq: 10750 (it was 11250 I had to manually change it to 10750 like u said)

LNB Power: ON

22Khz: ON (it didn't really matter)

Diseq Swith: 1.0 (#3)

Scanned Satellite and it brought all the missing channels.

Thanks once again Nalin you are the best.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12211
I was also concerned. You seemed to be doing the right things and I had also missed out on properly reading your posts.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us