Breaking News for Kbox owners..

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3905
c&p from official website..
Seeing that you have ALL been so good here it is. The BIG announcement is.....

ALL current K1 Hero units are eligible for an UPGRADE. What will happen is ALL these units will have their CURRENT processor chip, replaced with a NEW processor. This will allow for MANY more improvements to the unit to be made in the coming months. As each new development is ready it will be tested, then released.

The replacement of this chip will FINALLY give the K-Box coders TOTAL control over what is in the bins, as the SOURCE CODE for this NEW chip is under K-Box control, (previously it was held by the factory producing the units).

NOW the best part, this upgrade will cost YOU the owner NOTHING. The cost is born SOLELY by the K-Box people.

The FIRST units with the new processors will be in the hands of testers this coming week. The final details of how this "swap out" will be completed will be released soon by the K-Box people. I expect units will be ready for users in a couple of weeks, (the initial testing must be completed first before bins will be available).

In the meantime the K1 HERO WILL continue to see support for the foreseeable future, to allow ALL users to take advantage of the upgrade.

Do NOT contact your dealer about a "swap" yet!!! As the details are prepared they WILL be released via the various forums.

The unit will have a totally revamped GUI and new look/feel to it. I have already seen the rudimentary versions and it is VERY crisp, clean, and easy to use. The picture quality is actually IMPROVED even further, (It looks FANTASTIC via Component cables).

I have been told of future developments/plans and I must say if each one is implemented look for the K-Box to quickly become the center piece of most testers inventory.

This portion is MY PERSONAL opinion...

This move for me solidifies the commitment K-Box is/has made to it's owners, and I see this positive development as proof of their continued commitment to providing LONG TERM STABLE support for their units.

In the coming days weeks there will be more info released....

Silver Member
Username: Jjgee

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 179
How much? Sounds like coolsplat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3906
free,,,,,
no cost at all

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 78
what if D*N is gonna receive ur boxes when you send it for upgrade? I would think twice before i send my box:-)

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 465
I see NOTHING good about this at all...especially with Echostar petitioning the courts to have both Viewsat and Coo*lsat to turn over peoples info..and basically now preventing people the option to send their Viewsat receivers back for any repairs or changes..

Next Kbox will be ordered to do the same...NOTHING good about sending your box back to the companies anymore..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12145
Good news from Kbox. Particularly with Nagra 3 coming, it is best if one can avoid spending on new receivers, so a free upgrade is most welcome.
Justforhaha in his previous incranation is well known for scare-mongering,
so SHUN HER.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3925
its a must call if u have kbox u had to return it in order to continue to watch..
so just for sure u can safely download factroy bin ..
nothing can happen against you..
more details comming soon,
i think they will also do reciever swabs..
just for hahha
a product can be a default and manafacture can take it back to repair it..
its just normal..

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 467
My point is....Dishnet aka Echostar is getting court orders requiring the manufacturers and companies to provide them with your personal info, if you ever return the receiver for ANY problems!..

Viewsat is one of the first companies, and more are expected to follow since the courts have now set the precedence..DirectV (DTV) did the same thing and it cost many DTV users civil lawsuits and $3500 settlements and court judgements..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3926
justforhah this is another issue..
u know that coosat 6100 owners cheaply convert their box to kbox..
with this kbox will be live again..
this is nothing to do with echostar etc..

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 111
Nalin...Please do not try to use big words!!INCRANATION????????

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2094
Heck if anyone sends their receivers in for the "upgrade" are just asking for it .... BEWARE don't fall for this... they are setting you up. Thats why Nailin aka DN rat says so a free upgrade is most welcome. He wants you to get cought with your pants down. NEVER EVER send in your receiver once its been altered. Don't be STUPID...this is a scam.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3927
doreen bottom line..
if u are kbox owner there is no other way around it..
u have option of swapping ur reciever..

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2095
either way I am glad I don't own a Kbox then.

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 80
if you own a kbox just throw it out and buy an upgraded one or a different receiver. It is still much better than inviting DN to your home.

Silver Member
Username: Jjgee

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 185
Doreen, you figured us out again.

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 868
I sent my Kbox in for the Free Upgrade still waiting to see if it works my return mailing address was

Doreen ontario canada

hope i get it back :-)

Boy hope this isn't a Dn sting operation

Pfffffffffftttt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us