Viewsat Platinum Problem...... HELP!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
I have a VS Platinum. I can watch 61.5, all channels with no problem at all. I do have a dish installed by DN with 3 lnbs and one cable coming down for American channels. My problem is I cannot use Diseq switch. I have tried different settings but would not get signals. Have tried different diseq switches as well. Whatever is connected to port 1 will come thru and that's it!

Also, for some reason, the American channels would go away after a while Or when i switch channels even when I connect the cable directly. Both S & Q will go down to zero. Although normally I would have both above 90%. Sometimes when I turn the receiver off and back on, I get the signals back. Any ideas to fix any problem. I am willing to use one cable at a time as long as I can watch american channels. It has been like this since I have had this receiver.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Gold Member

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4177
Haris
Check all ports on each satellites, check if a port is assigned on 2 satellites.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
I did assign ports, port 1 to 61.5 cable which is a separate dish and port 2 to the the dish cable (with 3 lnbs), reversed the settings, did not work!!

Any other thoughts??

Gold Member

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4179
Haris
Try LNB Type: OSC-DP

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Thanks Plymouth... Tried but did not work.. seems like universal works for me better...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11918
You said: "Whatever is connected to port 1 will come thru and that's it! "

That is typical of a damaged DisEqC switch - only port 1 shows. Whever you change DisEqC or connect/disconect to it, have the receivers OFF.

There could also be a conflict problem with "DN with 3 lnbs and one cable coming down". Please post the name of the LNB you are using.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
I'm gonna change the switch with receiver power off. I got three different swithes.

Dish/LNBs are roof mounted and I could barely see them from down my backyard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us