Experianced opinions wanted for first dlp tv set

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 226
I am currently looking into several different dlp tv's in my price range and after reading numerous reviews i am still confused on what the best set would be for me. I am looking at the Samsung HL-61A650 ,samsung HL61A750 LED, mitsubishi WD-60735 and the samsung HL56A650 . I am looking for best picture and reliability in my budget and i am also worried about connections as most of my current audio/video gear is on the older side and doesnt have hdmi connections. I am slowly upgrading my existing gear however. My next upgrade will probably be a new a/v reciever like the onkyo tx-sr806. So could someone please chime in and give me the lowdown on these sets? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 227
almost 2 days and no one has any advice or input? c'mon people help out a first time dlp buyer! thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 93
DLP and rear projection sets on a whole are not as popular as they once were. LCD and plasma technology is taking oer. Bob

Bronze Member
Username: Mark069

Post Number: 11
Also, I would avoid Samsung. Myself and many others (check the postings on this board) have experienced costly ($900 +) component failures on Samsung DLP TV's and Samsung seems to be closing their eyes to these qaulity problems they are having.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us